Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
M

Member 1126

So blatantly trying to get free rugs/carpets!!\i won’t touch any company that works with her from now on! And yes, I am someone who used to love her content.
So have her # favourites Matalan and Homesense let her down in the rug provision department? Or is she moved onto the bigger league and is hoping for maybe John Lewis ? Got to give her credit for getting in there that she wasn't fussy if someone offered her not a rug but carpeting. And that's for " The WHOLE downstairs living area!" In case you missed that.......
Again you knew what the flooring was before the move, save your pennies or make do with more than adequate flooring, stop expecting everyone else to provide ?

Reactions: 10

anony mouse

Chatty Member
They did manage to carpet the new ‘snug’ no bother and she’s such a huge fan of #next #matalan #tesco surely one of those must supply rugs.....and I thought she was all about supporting local small business? So go and have a mooch around your villaaaaage and see if you can find one! Oh wait! What was that, you’re not really asking, you’re hoping a company will #gift you some because you have such a flock of loyal ???? to influence!!!!
And for someone’s who’s business is making digital content you would think they might of heard of internet shopping. Here’s a tip type in rugs to google choose one you like and pay for it with this thing called cash ?

Mabelrose

VIP Member
Found this forum a couple of weeks ago after Googling "does anyone else find Mrs Meldrum painful". I had been starting to feel uneasy when her content began to change 6-12 months ago and felt there was the beginnings of more obvious shady behaviour around the time The Meldrums channel was closed, it was then I unsubbed from her Youtube channels.

I agree with a lot of your valid opinions and enjoy the quick wit here.

Haven't seen it mentioned yet and please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you can watch video's on Hooktube without it going towards the number of views? Just thought I would mention it, as I have seen a few comments where people are still watching her videos on Youtube.

Also, is it normal to feel "triggered" reading the comments of blind faith from the loyal "sheep"?
Yes I feel complete and utter disbelief reading the ? comments, then I look at their user names and it’s normally something like icklepicklemumsywumsy and I completely understand.!!! Seriously it makes me ?

Last edited:
  • Haha

Clm1977

Chatty Member
Ok maybe tesco got in touch with Reb and said we would love to do a photo shoot at disneyland to promote our new Disney range but we at tesco just don't have the money and then Reb replied no problem we will pay for a weekend at Disney we have plenty of money we will book flights accomodation etc itll only be around £1500 we aren't really busy just moving house that week, I'm sure the staff I mean family can take over and you can take pics of us all you like we won't be advertising for you just helping you out cos we love tesco. Tesco replies oh we have to give you something for your kindness. I know we will book you a VIP guide as a thank you for spending all your money to allows to produce our promotional campaign thanks Reb your a star.............or at least that's how it goes in fairyland Rebs head. ????

Jeakat

She’ll try and justify it all (if she ever actually acknowledges it, which is doubtful in the extreme) that they have a mortgage to pay blah blah blah and they have to accept ads and freebies that might by fit 100% sometimes.

Could you imagine if this was any other industry? Pretend for a moment you’ve got someone to come round and do some building work. They’ve quoted you for using high end materials but actually do the job using cheap stuff. You complain and they say, “Well, yeah we’ve got a mortgage to pay. This is my full time job. Sometimes you’ve got to cut corners to pay the bills.” It just wouldn’t happen! Or if it did that person would be reported to trading standards!

At the end of the day I really do not care how they love their lives. Big house, small house, shared ownership, renting, ownership. Stay at home parents, working parents, favourite child, everyone equal. You do you. But if I find your content (the stuff you’re putting out for entertainment) dull then I’m going to say it’s dull. If you lie and deceive your followers that’s a problem for me. Not just for me, it’s the laws problem too. There is ‘not being entirely upfront’ and there is being downright deceptive. There is ‘clearing things up’ and there is lying by omission.

Mabelrose

VIP Member
Just watched dispatches channel 4, it’s about food/baby banks. People have nothing! these mummy vloggers that bag and keep taking all the free stuff whilst being more than able to afford it make me sick! Their greed literally turns my stomach.

Reactions: 9

Mabelrose

VIP Member
For as frustrating as it is with the sheep not getting it there’s nothing we can do. You cannot educate dumb!
They are seriously blind, even when presented with the hard cold facts they believe her!! Scary though, I mean these ‘influencers are in my opinion almost like cult leaders and we seem to have a generation who need to be led and have zero ability to think for themselves. I know Tattle is a gossip site and gets slated, but I would lose all hope had I not been able to read here and see that others are not fooled by them. I keep thinking of the tiger in Jungle book with his twirling eyes....look into my eyes........you are under my spell!

fireflies

VIP Member
Aha! They never said they paid for it! They were so sneaky with their wording, only said "It's not an ad"
Lee said they were given vip passes not entire trip.

They got away with not declaring neilson and only when some mumsnetters spoke to asa did this come to light.

Shes painting a picture of a lifestyle she doesn't fund.

I hope some sheep wake up.

M

Member 1126

Looked like she hadn't washed her hair when at Disney too. Guess she didn't have time as she was too busy deleting comments so didn't have time to wash.

I haven't seen her stories today but is she actually asking for rugs/carpets or just asking for suggestions as to where to get them from?
Oh " suggestions" because rugs are " expensive" but as transparent as that may seem the cynical amongst us know she's really hoping for a # NOT AD. I mean they managed to go themselves and arrange new carpets for the last place nae bother!! ?

DaizyMaizie

VIP Member
Today is a day of self care in the meldrums. Time to snuggle in a corner and lick the wounds. I really do take what you all say on board? Not what I see blocking people with genuine questions, and it’s hard to take critisimn when it’s your job. Yes but it’s part and parcel of it, no ones free from it in any job And to the viewer who said you handle it with such grace. Calling blocking people with genuine questions and a half hearted apology ‘graceful’ ? She’s only sorry she was caught!! New name for pops this morning. Oh popolicious!!! And someone’s showing the car registration plate again. Bad boy Lee. Tut tut. PRIVACY!!!!!

Last edited:

Jndc85

Hi all, I’m so glad I found this discussion. I agree with everything that has been said about these two and have been laughing a lot at the humourous posts around their very underhand behaviour. I really hope something is done about the way they have behaved.

Hello poppy...hello popppppyyyyyy..popppppppppyyyyy hello! ?

Mabelrose

VIP Member
I hate channel mum!!! In my opinion They are all in this to line there own pockets, no regard for children or their welfare! Nothing more than QVC

Erin Kent

Hi all, been reading here for a few days. I've been following mrs meldrum since she had 3k subs. I did like her back then. But now living in such an expensive home, husband not working and she is so disconnected from any reality I know. I don't blame her but it's very grating to hear about her talking about being busy and working when she had no clue what the average working family has to do. I've filmed and edited videos (not vlogs) and her work with doing a couple of those a week so easy to do. That and the constant ads that I know are lies as she does an ad for anything even if she's slagged it off in the past or advertised a different brand last week. Does she think her followers are idiots? I've subscribed from all.

murphy

Agree with posts above that the Sacconejolys are notable only for being the worst of a bad lot. The SJs have just been better at getting away with stuff, mainly because they are accomplished liars and have no conscience at all. It seems to be inherent in the 'job' itself that family vloggers all turn to shit and become greedy grasping dishonest child exploiting egomaniacs at the first whiff of a freebie. Is it the 'job' that changes them though or does the job simply attract people with no moral compass?

Jeakat

The address is a red herring. It’s not been mentioned on here. I think I’m te first Meldrum thread it was but then it was swiftly deleted. Her address, both current and previous is common knowledge. Not because people keep releasing it but because she all but splashed it across the internet herself. In fact, as previous poster mentioned, she has put it on the Internet before and then not removed it when notified. She has had no problems showing the front of her previous house (and it’s hardly a generic ‘70’s build is it?) as well as the house number. Numerous mentions of the nearby river and other landmarks. For four years she didn’t care.

Then she announces that she’s selling her house and all her followers hop on over to Rightmove to have a nosey. Remember, Rebecca shared her parents house on Rightmove so it’s not like she’s bothered. But of course it wasn’t on Rightmove. I’m not exactly sure on the timeline because I wasn’t aware of it until recently, but then someone spots the house on the council website. It quickly comes to light that their house was shared ownership. Now I don’t know about anyone else, but I don’t care if people live in shared ownership houses. I’m not judging. But what I care about is being lied to. They made out, for years, that they owned that house and they have continued that to this day. Im not saying that they had to tell people they had a shared ownership house but they were deliberately deceptive and made out every step of the way that they owned their house. They deleted the Meldrums to try and cover it when all they had to do was be upfront in a vlog and say, “so sorry, we’ve been so tired ? recently it must have slipped our minds that half our house was #gifted from the government.” They would have probably lost a few followers who felt angry over being lied to, but not nearly as many as they’ve lost over te last few months lying through their teeth.

Her privacy, her safety and the safety of her family haven’t meant anything to her over the last few years. The pair of them wouldn’t know e-safety if it but them in the arse and the only reason she now suddenly cares is because it exposes her lies.

Not only is no one actually stating her address, it wouldn’t be against the law if they did.

You fools

Over from mumsnet, pretty annoyed that they are not allowing people to discuss that the meldrums are breaking guidelines.

I can't believe the brass neck of Rebecca to say it's not an ad even though she knew the brand she was working for had arranged pro photos to be posted on the F&F Instagram that day. Not to mention all the lies about how easy it is to meet characters when she knows damn well she's getting the VIP treatment that costs £1500 a day! This just shows how many lies she has been getting away with for so long. Every single post she's made on these holidays should have been said it's an ad. She's clearly flouncing the guidelines and it reflects really badly on Tesco and Thomas cook holidays and everyone she works with. The brand's shouldn't be allowing her to break the rules, she's a moneygrabber and will do anything for ads.

bexgreen1983

VIP Member
Ok I’ve been a lurker on this thread but feel the need to comment. I’ve followed MrsM from the beginning and had always enjoyed her content up until probably the last year.
This thread has really opened my eyes. Obviously I’m not gullible enough to think that a 10 minute vlog or Instagram post is anything but a glorified version of their life but I feel really really misled by how they have portrayed their life. All these years of feeling rubbish because I was watching someone with the ‘perfect’ life, being able to afford a beautiful 4 bed house and 3 holidays a year. All of the £150 joules boots and coats for the kids. When really it’s all a bit of a lie as it’s been gifted or promoted. It’s not just the meldrums it’s ‘influencers’ as a whole. I believe it’s detrimental to the mental health of many many people.
There needs to be a lot more transparency in the industry!
Who cares that their home was a part ownership, I wouldn’t but the secrecy of it and the fake ness of them being wealthy and middle class is gross.
I wouldn’t have known any of this if I hadn’t have stumbled across these threads. It’s disgusting how people are mis led. It makes me sick that there are 100s of 1000s of families out there that can’t afford a holiday, or new shoes for their kids, even Christmas presents, yet people on Instagram get it thrown at them For free and can’t even be honest about it! How horrendous must a lot of these parents feel? I know because I have been there!
This is a bit of a ramble, I’m really rubbish at getting my point across in words. There just needs to be more honesty.
This is so true and 100% how i feel... i am getting to the point where I hate any youtuber because their life is just so unattainable that makes me feel like a failure.....

Izzy B

All gifted and then they sell it.!!!
I have seen them selling gifted items including the joulz pram on local selling sites. At least other you tubers like Louise Pentland donate their gifted items that they don't need or no longer need to people who actually need them. Just shows how money driven they are.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
This thread has got awfully serious....
I miss the days of chicken royal and banter ?