Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
Well I want to say a bloody well done to us. If it wasn't for us gobby lot on here, to everyone who complained to ASA, Channel Mum, F&F and to them direct, getting blocked in the process they would never have fessed up and would have continued to lie. Small wins guys. Power to the people. She can say what she wants, we all know she was in the wrong.

Reactions: 12

Ladyhearmetonight

??. I would really like to write to channel mum and ask for the exact factual basis upon which they say MrsMeldrum is not in breach. I am a lawyer and that is a total non-answer.

Charlotte Taylor's very careful hiding of the method of payment on that web order along with her total over reaction to a fairly innocuous question has also piqued my interest and I think that is worthy of a report.

Curlygirld

I’m so glad she’s been called out on this, but I can’t read the comments on her post without my blood boiling. Firstly, they absolutely didn’t forget to mention it was gifted, they omitted any mention of it or shots of other people in their stories to purposefully mislead everyone into thinking they paid for everything bar the VIP Guide. Secondly, what does she do that makes her more deserving than other people?! I cannot fathom why editing videos and pimping out your life via the internet marks you as deserving a Disney holiday and all the perks more than every other mother out there. She doesn’t do hard work she whips her camera out and edits a few things - this is a HOBBY for some people yet she needs 2 people in the house to do so. Bore off.

The next thing she promotes should be KY Jelly so she can unlodge some of those followers from her rectum!

Socialbutterfly

I run a couple of social media blog sites and a childrens shop.. whenever we have reached out to Rebecca in any way she just ignores us. Seems she is too important to help the 'little people'. Emily Norris, SJ Strum, Katie Ellison and Kate Murnane respond but she never does... Says alot. Shame really. I have always said I would help out/share brands and bloggers if I had as many followers as her. One to think about if you're reading Mrs M because one day these people will overtake your following and you might need their support.

M

Member 177

NO.......JUST NO!!! You have the right to query compliance with ASA / HMRC etc. but not how they choose to raise their children or which house they have bought, or what they do or do not earn. All these areas are NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. It is absolutely NOT all up for discussion. How dare you assign yourself with this level of involvement.
Then you need to remind Rebecca Lucy to stop asking for parenting advice, tips and stop using her children as cash cows to advertise the latest clothing from "where ever she loves this week"
She also broadcast her move, was talking about the viewings etc quite freely. Then decided to delete the backlog for privacy reasons.
Putting the girls to work for F&F in Disney is really allowing them to have a private life.
Everything that's spoken about comes from them. Their own vlogs, videos, photos. They put their lives out there.
We would happily discuss things on their comment sections but they only want to hear good positive things and send their Mummy's out to protect them or Kath gets unleashed and has a little rant about what good friends they are.
It's a trash site. If you don't like it, dont read it.

PS that Pink coat she's wearing is awful.

Reactions: 11

Mabelrose

VIP Member
What a twat.!! And all the fing sheep saying shame you have to justify yourself!! Yes she does!!! It’s called the law.!!! And they knew it.! They tried to say it was s present for S from them, they lied and lied when asked outright! I asked pat if it was gifted and I was blocked! So where is the confusion?? I’m so sick of them.! ???

M

Member 1682

I think what’s annoying is that they have, on this occasion, actually lied outright.
They said that they paid for the trip as a birthday gift for S. That was an outright lie! It was a paid for work trip for Tesco - nothing more than a coincidence that it was around the time of one of their kids birthdays. It’s likeky that it’s been booked for a good while so she would have and should have had the correct things in place to show clearly that it was a paid for advertising job. But she didn’t.
I think people fail to understand that her Instagram and YT pages are her BUSINESS and as in any business there are rules and procedures that are to be adhered to. If she doesn’t want to be governed by them then it’s time to close the business down and go onto something else.

Just putting up this flow chart again as it makes it so clear how influencers must disclose, that it's worth sharing regularly.

With the Disney trip it comes down to this point for me:
"Are you posting it because you've agreed to do it a specific number of times, either on one particular date or between a specific range of dates?"

Even if (highly unlikely) everything was a No up to this point and, as we can't know for sure what they agreed they would do for f&f, even if this answer isa No too, it still comes out as being sponsored which means it might not be for the ASA:

"But CMA rules apply here – you must make sure content is clearly identifiable as being paid-for.
For example, by using the label ‘advertisement feature’ or ‘advertisement promotion’."

She actively denied it was an AD and therefore not only didn't make it clearly identifiable but went out of her way to mislead. That is why it must be taken seriously.

I believe it was definitely an AD and that should have been declared clearly and upfront per guidelines BUT even if we give her the benefit of every doubt per the flowchart she still had to declare the relationship and she didn't despite being given every opportunity to do so. She's a liar and a charlatan.

Do-Lg1XXgAAcM-h.jpg

Last edited:

Stabby the unicorn

Few musings before my main point...

• Different PJs for S bedtime. Are Matalan ones not for sleeping in?

• If you need carpets or rugs pull up your 'solid oak flooring' and flog it on eBay to fund your new floor covering of choice.

• If you can't find your make up remover just wash your face with soap and water and stop being a scuzzer.

Now, last night I wondered how easy it might be to find out which school her daughter attends. I've only been watching her channel* since around April/May so don't know much about her but enough to know the town they live in and the colour of the uniform.
From that I was able to work out which school, however just wanting to be extra sure I looked at her blog, found an entry about S starting school, and from Google maps and the photos she's shared on her blog confirmed my initial guess as being correct.

I'm just a regular mum watcher but now know where she lives, her address, her kids full names, their dates of birth and school her daughter attends. That is oversharing Rebecca Cannon-Meldrum.. you're the only one responsible for that information being public! Imagine if I wasn't just a regular mum watcher?

Have you never heard of safeguarding? I bet your nearly 7 year old knows more about internet safety than you do.

1) Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
2) Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
3) Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
4) Never give out your passwords
5) Don’t befriend people you don’t know
6) Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people suggesting you do
7) Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are
8) Think carefully about what you say before you post something online
9) Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude
10) If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.

I'm tempted to email the head of her daughter's school to raise the safeguarding concerns I have.

*Now unsubscribed

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
I have just unsubscribed and unfollowed all the channel mum vloggers - even the ones I trust aboust disclosures. Had enough of the lies now.

OnlyABoob

It is heartbreaking. Channel mum would say they support mums, but their YTubers are only causing mums to feel inadequate. social media platforms as a whole need looked at as its full of yummy mums posing with the perfect photo/house/kids/latest spons pushchair. That isn’t real like and it’s like they jumped out of a magazine advertising these things. It’s not real life. As for the Instagram poses.....it’s so staged and false
Couldn’t agree more. I initially found this thread because I was completely exasperated by what I was reading on the Meldrums (and actually similar rubbish on other instagrammers/vloggers of late- it seems to have got much worse with the shady no disclosure of #Ad) and it actually made me feel like I was going a little bit crazy. In the past, it’s made me feel low and shit about myself as the lifestyle is so unattainable and has made me question my parenting and that I’m shit because my kids and I don’t have the latest clothes, home style, experiences, holidays (a single holiday let alone 4/5 a year) etc.
I am able to logically see it as just a sales pitch when it’s declared as an #Ad or # Sponsered etc but when it’s uncertain, it really does make me question myself and my life. I searched for others that felt the same to hopefully give my feelings validation and make me feel like I’m not the only one.
When all you see is comment after comment on her insta about how great she is, how much she deserves it, how she works sooooo hard, how she doesn’t have to explain herself- well, it can actually make people like me feel awful about your own opinion and feelings because you feel like you are the only one so maybe there is something wrong with your feelings?!
There is a way more sinister side to non disclosure of #Ad and the deletion of discussion and general queries posted in comments. The law needs to be enforced so those that flout the rules get more than a slap in the wrist and a forced half hearted apology.

Sabbie

VIP Member
Problem is unlike the saccone julies where Jonathon works hard and has other things going on and Anna is such a caring loving mother to ALL her kids and does her own videos on her channel. The meldrums don't work anywhere near as hard. They don't care about privacy as much and don't protect their kids by not editing out tantrums and I know what school Safiyah goes to. And the riding school and swimming lessons and brownies etc. They are just not on the same level.
Please don't compare them to the SJs as I for one will completely disagree with you about that hideous family who do nothing but whore their kids every day to pay their bills. Even I know what school the SJ kids go to because funnily enough they are as useless as the Meldrums when it comes to their kids' privacy. The kids also have plenty of screaming matches and tantrums on screen too. They are also terrible at declaring ads and freebies which is what is being discussed here at the moment.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
They have fucked this right up. They should have said.. we are aware we were just gifted a holiday prior to moving and have now been offered this unachievable (for most people who had just moved) chance prior to Safiyahs bday, so thought we'd accept it to make it special for her. We know not everyone can afford this and we are super lucky and this isn't achievable for most unless given for free but wanted to take this opportunity and show you how fun a Disney holiday could be.

Problem is unlike the saccone julies where Jonathon works hard and has other things going on and Anna is such a caring loving mother to ALL her kids and does her own videos on her channel. The meldrums don't work anywhere near as hard. They don't care about privacy as much and don't protect their kids by not editing out tantrums and I know what school Safiyah goes to. And the riding school and swimming lessons and brownies etc. They are just not on the same level.
off topic sorry!!! ?

Who are the Saccone Julies because the Saccone Joly family are awful! ??They’re just as bad if not worse and they’re doing it longer.
- buy our book and get the new baby’s name first
- buy tickets to meet our kids.
they continuously put their kids in danger, Anna has nothing to do with the kids at all after she’s done breastfeeding, she even missed their first day of school because she didn’t want to miss her exercise . They put their school uniforms on line, make up stories about kidnap threats and make really, really questionable jokes.

I’m finding it hard to find one youtube family that aren’t selling their kids for cash.

M

Member 1126

I'm still laughing at the mental image of some minion sitting in Tesco marketing control when it all kicked of yesterday. "Super Cute" family pictures? Check. Disney "magic" ? check. "Awwww" quotient? Check. OK Dokey load to Instagram. Loading successfully completed ? Check............. Thirty seconds later WTAF ? Panic and large, damage control red button hit? Check

"It started with a mouse"

No Tesco it started with a rather LARGE fib ?

Helen

Administrator
Thanks for all the reports, we're more relaxed here but attacking posters or derailing threads into an argument is not allowed. Some posts have been deleted.

We have a general discussion forum here or can create new ones for conversations rather than derailing threads - just post in the help / forum updates to share ideas.

You can just ignore a user by clicking on their profile so you don't see their posts.

Last edited:

Helen

Administrator
I apologise if I have been too near the knuckle in joking.
I would like to reiterate at no time have I revealed any details relating to this individuals address nor have I ever posted anything directly on any off her personal social media platforms nor would I.
I have joined in with joking with others only about what to us appears ludicrous and at times a little bizarre. I do not see how any of my comments could be described as "vile" and if they have been taken this way again I apologise.
I am not aware of having broken any laws or having done anything that warrants Police intervention.
I have received no warnings from Tattle Mods, if again I have over stepped the mark I apologise and will now vo!unitarily stop posting completely.
Sorry it's myself that owes you an apology, really wasn't thinking and shouldn't have publicly mentioned your username. None of your posts have broken any rules. Was only mentioned there because of how ridiculous the acusation was. Really sorry about that totally my fault!

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Oooooh I bloody love a passive aggressive Meldrum ?
“Thank you for flagging it up to me, it means the world to me you care so much”

?????
You have to admire the cheek.
Rebecca we only have your best interest at heart. ?

Reactions: 10

Yoghurtpots

VIP Member
When she said "thanks for the people who flagged it up to me-it means the world to me that you care enough to get in touch" when in actual fact.. anybody who asked or liked a comment that was asking got instantly blocked! She has definetly been made to apologise and I bet it has annoyed her!

Reactions: 10