Mrs Meldrum #22 Desperately Seeking New Content To Vlog, Princess Reb Demands She MUST Have A Dog!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
An interesting read https://emmajhill.com/how-i-feel-about-these-new-guidelines/
It all comes down to honesty, integrity and transpatency.
Thank you for that link. A really good read and I now understand it all a lot more. I'm one of the older people on here so I suppose I didn't really get how people could be so affected or 'influenced' by watching the likes of the Meldrums and all the 'tat' they get gifted. To me, their house is just full of a load of crap that doesn't look good or have a good feel to it. It would never make me feel like I had to go out and buy it (apart from the photo book). I now realise how it actually can affect people psychologically and how these influencers have a responsibility to their viewers. I urge everyone to read the whole of that article including the comments at the bottom.

Reactions: 16
Just skim read Emma Hill’s blog post (will read it fully later) but it’s a really good comprehensive read. I must admit I’d never heard of her until she was mentioned on here for her various posts on CMS/ASA stuff but she. You really couldn’t get a polar opposite to Reb! I agree the comments are worthwhile reading, especially where someone says how tit mummy floggers made them feel with their undisclosed ads.

Reactions: 14
https://www.independent.co.uk/trave...-discount-claims-hidden-charges-a8765241.html

Interesting read from Emma Hill above and she’s spot on. The above companies too have been warned by CMA to clean up their act. Mrs M and who ever else are possibly trying to pull the wool over consumers eyes. It’s not just about them personally. It’s about any company trying to do the dirty on consumers. Yet we’re labelled trolls for highlighting things, when in fact all we want is for society to be treated with the respect they deserve No one should be making money off the back of screwing consumers over.

Reactions: 13
So we all knew they were going on a freebie skiing holiday so why did she spend so long denying it? i.e lying by omission. If she was honest and relatable and cared about the hands that feed her, she could have got so much content out of it, flying with young children and length of transfer to resort, best resort to go to with young ones, things to look for when deciding on a skiing holiday with very young ones, what to buy, what to hire, will they enjoy it, should they all ski together, should Poppy go and be left in crèche or stay in UK, preparing for the holiday fitness wise before they go, pros and cons about even going at all, because we all know that they’re only going because it’s free and Lee wants to ski all day.?I think she’s just so damned sneaky and that’s why people don’t warm to her, plus the fact that it’s all me, me, me, free, free, free, and they don’t give back on any level what so ever, sad to watch really, I know who I’d rather be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 32
I like this conversation a lot and actually think it could be a good topic for the new chat section.
Please don’t think I’m defending these arse wipes. But
what incentive is there for Lee to get up off his arse and provide for his family?
I don’t think he needs one, or needs to get a job if he’s now taking on the majority of the child care.
He did work and I hate defending either of them but that can’t have been easy for either of them back then.

She’s managed to manipulate and play the game very well in my opinion. She’s taken every opportunity that’s come her way at whatever cost.

I watch 17/18/19 year old on YouTube, the likes of Saffron Barker, Anastasia Kingsnorth, tons more who regularly get flown around the world for sponsored trips, get “book deals” and primark ranges and makeup pallets, PR and spon work, and they all do feck all work, upload once or twice a week (lazy content at best) yet are now basically millionaires or on the road to being millionaires.
There are no rules when it comes to what’s expected, only the rules made by the company they’re working with, some companies can be happy with a 2 min upload and some want more.
We all know she does bare minimum and can’t have much pride in what she posts, that would be the thing that would bother me most. Knowing my content was pure rubbish I wasn’t proud of.
But you get that in all walks of life in all work settings. Basic witches who do minimum work, file their nails beside the copy machine and clock out bang on 5pm ? smuggle as much stationery and toilet roll out in their bag to get the most out of the work room perks ?

Meldrum is a loo roll smuggler at best. ?

I don’t really mind any of these influencers selling their souls to the embarrassing QVC lifestyle once they own it.
Once they admit what they’re doing and drop the shady AF fake content to try and hide the second hand car dealership personality.
If the sheep want to baa and buy, let them. More fool them.

The things I really have a problem with right now are the GAWD FORSAKEN DAMN LIES ???
And the opportunities they receive that others would kill for. Book deals, especially fiction novels.
This really, really boils my piss.

Sorry this is a bit rant. Xxx
Agree, the main thing I love about these threads are that the contributions made on here are valid, concise points and that everyone feels able to put across their two cents. I enjoy conversations like this in life too!

I’d be inclined to rebuff on Lee doing the majority of the childcare... Lee puts on his gushing SAHD act when the instastories or camera is rolling for a vlog, but truthfully how many SAH parents do we know in real life that can swan off to the gym together in the middle of the day? In the same week he then claimed Florence told him to leave his Mum’s so she could spend time with her Nana.. I’m sorry I don’t buy that for a second.

The vast majority of the time (Monday to Friday) he will only have one child to tend to, and that’s Poppy. Yes, theres the school run and sure those picnic plate lunches and baked potatoes for dinner won’t cook themselves but he could easily do a school run drop off on the way to a job of some sort. Florence will go to school in August, can you truly justify him not working when they will only have one child at home? Poppy could go to Nursery one or two days a week and there’s Rebecca’s filming/work days.

This gravy train is going to stop sooner or later, he is then going to have to find something.

You’re right the industry is shocking and here if I was 17-19 again perhaps I’d try my hand at making millions for crap videos on YouTube.. however it’s not sustainable.. everything has an expiration and this will, whenever it may be end up the same.

❤

Reactions: 16
I’d be inclined to rebuff on Lee doing the majority of the childcare... Lee puts on his gushing SAHD act when the instastories or camera is rolling for a vlog, but truthfully how many SAH parents do we know in real life that can swan off to the gym together in the middle of the day? In the same week he then claimed Florence told him to leave his Mum’s so she could spend time with her Nana.. I’m sorry I don’t buy that for a second.

The vast majority of the time (Monday to Friday) he will only have one child to tend to, and that’s Poppy. Yes, theres the school run and sure those picnic plate lunches and baked potatoes for dinner won’t cook themselves but he could easily do a school run drop off on the way to a job of some sort. Florence will go to school in August, can you truly justify him not working when they will only have one child at home? Poppy could go to Nursery one or two days a week and there’s Rebecca’s filming/work days.
There might only be one to deal with the majority of the time, but more often than not it is Lee doing it! Reb will be "busy" putting sooo much effort into filming/editing (allegedly) or of course, getting her book "written" definitely not just notching around the woods or shopping ?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I get peace in mind when I see action has been taken and regulations work. Now I hope they get a grip on the YouTube industry.
This is why its so important to learn the children to have an critical eye on things. So they can spot what is underlying in what they watch. The advertising industry will always find shady ways. It is at its worst when it comes to people like the Meldrums. Because they reach out to people who may be in a vulnerable phase in life.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So we all knew they were going on a freebie skiing holiday so why did she spend so long denying it? i.e lying by omission. If she was honest and relatable and cared about the hands that feed her, she could have got so much content out of it, flying with young children and length of transfer to resort, best resort to go to with young ones, things to look for when deciding on a skiing holiday with very young ones, what to buy, what to hire, will they enjoy it, should they all ski together, should Poppy go and be left in crèche or stay in UK, preparing for the holiday fitness wise before they go, pros and cons about even going at all, because we all know that they’re only going because it’s free and Lee wants to ski all day.?I think she’s just so damned sneaky and that’s why people don’t warm to her, plus the fact that it’s all me, me, me, free, free, free, and they don’t give back on any level what so ever, sad to watch really, I know who I’d rather be.
I think this sums it up brilliantly. Rather than ask followers for content ideas (and then not do it), the whole holiday planning could have given her a month of easy but good quality content. You’ve quickly come up with a list and i’m assuming you don’t have 100k YouTube mates?!

They have just become lazy and greedy and it shows.

Reactions: 17
Agree, the main thing I love about these threads are that the contributions made on here are valid, concise points and that everyone feels able to put across their two cents. I enjoy conversations like this in life too!

This gravy train is going to stop sooner or later, he is then going to have to find something.

You’re right the industry is shocking and here if I was 17-19 again perhaps I’d try my hand at making millions for crap videos on YouTube.. however it’s not sustainable.. everything has an expiration and this will, whenever it may be end up the same.

❤
Maybe Florence did ask to stay with her nana because there is normality in her house. No cameras being poked in her face, expecting to perform, being ignored by her mum while she films/edits another crap video etc. Lee’s mum does come across as being warm and caring - just what we all want our nana to be. I am sure they probably baked together which again is something that Florrie likes to do. I know if I was her, I would want to stay at my nana’s for a little longer.

I also think in general the YT forum, influencers etc is now overly saturated. Everyone is jumping on the bandwagon with a lot of mum’s trying to do it to earn extra income and allow them to SAH. The problem is there are only so many speed cleans, Primark hauls, food hauls etc that any normal person - with half a brain and common sense - can watch. Add into this the rules that they should all be following and the tide is turning.
Only the strongest and best will survive out of this and the Meldrums do not fall within this camp

Reactions: 10
So they are off to aviemore on Monday...does this mean they are taking S out of school AGAIN for the neilson holiday??!!

Reactions: 3
An interesting read https://emmajhill.com/how-i-feel-about-these-new-guidelines/
It all comes down to honesty, integrity and transpatency.
I’ve just read Emma’s blog post and thought how refreshing it was. Would love to send the Selldrums a copy but I don’t for one minute think they’d read it - too many big words and no ‘baloons’ to colour in. Emma has got the guidelines exactly right and is completely transparent about her work, even detailing mistakes she has made in the past.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
So they are off to aviemore on Monday...does this mean they are taking S out of school AGAIN for the neilson holiday??!!
Would appear so. Not the best when S already struggles at school, even if they will be learning a new 'life skill'

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Naughty naughty. No declaration on latest photo. I’m sure her jumper was part of the Next deal.
She’s definitely trying to sneak some through. Some people are naturally devious and she is certainly one of them ?

Reactions: 15
Yup. Neilson would be very unlikely to gift a half term holiday anyway as that is peak peak season

Reactions: 7
I’ve just read Emma’s blog post and thought how refreshing it was. Would love to send the Selldrums a copy but I don’t for one minute think they’d read it - too many big words and no ‘baloons’ to colour in. Emma has got the guidelines exactly right and is completely transparent about her work, even detailing mistakes she has made in the past.
Its so refreshing isnt it. And its not confusing or difficult. Even if it was they have a responsibility to get it right!

Reactions: 4
They won’t be taking S out of school this week. It’s half term. Schools aren’t back til this Thursday coming.
Calm down, peeps.

And looks like at least 5 comments deleted already- prob people calling her out for her utter inability and arrogance to not adhere to the rules consistently. Get another job!

• Angry
Reactions: 9
They won’t be taking S out of school this week. It’s half term. Schools aren’t back til this Thursday coming.
Calm down, peeps.
Ah it was just me thinking they would be doing neilson next week when kids are off but as someone said above maybe the neilson trip ties in with Easter holidays in April ??‍♀

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.