Mrs Meldrum 2 - A utility room to die for and #spons stain remover needed for the floor (The Meldrum Family)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What I don't understand though is how we all feel we 'know" these influencers? We see 10 mins a day out of their life and even then it's the 10 minutes they want us to see. We don't know the first thing about most of them, we just speculate and make up wild guesses. I do live fairly close and I do bump into the Meldrums but I wouldn't say I ' knew them ' just as they don't know me. I would smile and say hi if I passed them in the supermarket but then most people do that here anyway, it's a friendly wee village. They seem very normal, she seems very quiet actually. Lee is louder n chirpier but that's his personality I guess. I actually think she may be quite shy off camera. I know some of her friends, again very normal nice young family's. I enjoy watching their YT but I can't say I'm as invested and obsessed as most of you are. I also love Lydia Millen and Iamchoucette and various others but again I wouldn't dream of making up facts about them and slagging them off. If I see something I don't like I just tend to switch off. Lydia does hundreds of ads and is currently flying to Bora Bora and her hubby doesn't work either but I don't get jealous over that fact. Maybe I'm just happier with my life than you lot.
You can't be that happy with your life if you're trolling a gossip forum.

Reactions: 7
???. She should be doing a health and safety report on how she sits and what damage it should do. How can one claim (don’t give her that idea as she’ll see the ? signs) Makes me wonder. When they are out and about for vlogging reasons and in shops etc and could trip over someone whilst busy filming themselves or cause damage with the drone. Do they have public liability insurance. They technically are in a commercial setting as doing something that makes them money
They should def have public indemnity insurance -
If they are just paying themselves the amount to stay within the lower tax rate and taking dividends you still have to pay tax on every dividend you take it’s not a blank cheque. I don’t think they earn over 120k a year as she would be even more insufferable with her smugness. Nothing is bought with cold hard cash. When they were car shopping he was acting like they were going to buy a top of the range Audi/Range Rover yet ended up with a 2nd hand ford ?
exactly I can not imagine they take home anything like as much as £120k. The dividends are paid out only after profit so the max they can take as dividends would be under £10k each. If this puts them over the tax threshold for their personal taxed income then that gets taxed too. The director income from their company is salary plus dividends and this is what they’d put on the self assessment tax forms....

You can't be that happy with your life if you're trolling a gossip forum.
Hardly trolling.....just trying to understand how people can become so invested in another family's life. I guess that's the influence social influencers have on us all. Would make a great in depth psychology study I'm sure.

Agree Lee has never said anything that makes me think he's even semi financially literate. I thought even roustabouts were on good money - 40-50k but Google says just 18-22. I can see why he gave that up seeing how much Rebecca can make from #spons.
Try 30k - a roustie is slinging pipes, driving forklift, moving stuff basically labourer, he seems quite little so wouldn’t really be wanted up on the drill floor. I had an ex that was a roustie in the North Sea many years ago when it was 2 on 2 off so I know exactly what they job is. But he was 2on3off. When he gave up Working she had what 30k subscribers, and could generate income similar to what he was on.

Reactions: 3
Also they could potentially be recording any of us in public when they record content for the internet. I’ve never seen them do a GDPR statement mentioning that any footage of us in public that is used will not fall into the wrong hands!

Reactions: 2
Yes and don't forget Lee has had property before in the area, he will have made money at on at least 2 of those property's when oil was still flying and property's sold for way over the odds.i think he had flat or flats in quite trendy areas. He definately comes across as knowing his stuff financially.
I disagree. I think neither of them have any financial sense what so ever. They both come across as fairly stupid to me. Lee has said before he isn’t educated, no tit Sherlock! Reb says the most stupid things - often not knowing how to pronounce words. I would have said neither of them have much intelligence and from examples like how they ignored Poppy’s chest infection thinking she was broken - lee in A&E one minute then able to get to a burger van the next - they have little common sense either!

Reactions: 8
Try 30k - a roustie is slinging pipes, driving forklift, moving stuff basically labourer, he seems quite little so wouldn’t really be wanted up on the drill floor. I had an ex that was a roustie in the North Sea many years ago when it was 2 on 2 off so I know exactly what they job is. But he was 2on3off. When he gave up Working she had what 30k subscribers, and could generate income similar to what he was on.
Thanks, 2 weeks away with kids would not seem worth it if she's making money and they can use his tax allowance. Lee has a golden opportunity at the moment to reskill and be prepared. Hardly any families have that chance and he does seem to be wasting it.

Hardly trolling.....just trying to understand how people can become so invested in another family's life. I guess that's the influence social influencers have on us all. Would make a great in depth psychology study I'm sure.
If you want to derail the thread by arguing for them lovely wonderful meldrums.. please feel free to start your own thread in the rave section.

The irony of your post is delightful!

Reactions: 11
Threads about the meldrums get deleted from mumsnet, the delete negative comments or ban the Instagram users for saying negative things...If you put yourself in the public domain it is normal to get feedback, both positive and negative....only with the humrums negativity is not tolerated. This forum is our only outlet...And as you can see the Humdrums are taking it on board, so we are helping them!

Reactions: 6
They will surely have liability insurance.. or they really should incase their drone was to cause any damage or they did whilst recording.

My husband accidentally broke a customers marble dining table on Monday. Id of been vr
Yes and don't forget Lee has had property before in the area, he will have made money at on at least 2 of those property's when oil was still flying and property's sold for way over the odds.i think he had flat or flats in quite trendy areas. He definately comes across as knowing his stuff financially.
Maybe he should look into getting into property development long term as a back up for the future. Tjeu
What I don't understand though is how we all feel we 'know" these influencers? We see 10 mins a day out of their life and even then it's the 10 minutes they want us to see. We don't know the first thing about most of them, we just speculate and make up wild guesses. I do live fairly close and I do bump into the Meldrums but I wouldn't say I ' knew them ' just as they don't know me. I would smile and say hi if I passed them in the supermarket but then most people do that here anyway, it's a friendly wee village. They seem very normal, she seems very quiet actually. Lee is louder n chirpier but that's his personality I guess. I actually think she may be quite shy off camera. I know some of her friends, again very normal nice young family's. I enjoy watching their YT but I can't say I'm as invested and obsessed as most of you are. I also love Lydia Millen and Iamchoucette and various others but again I wouldn't dream of making up facts about them and slagging them off. If I see something I don't like I just tend to switch off. Lydia does hundreds of ads and is currently flying to Bora Bora and her hubby doesn't work either but I don't get jealous over that fact. Maybe I'm just happier with my life than you lot.
Maybe you are or is you coming on here trying to slag us off by speculating about how happy us strangers are that you definitely don't know not even crazier than us speculating over people who do actually put themselves out in the public eye. Bit hypocritical no? ?

Reactions: 4
Hey locals, have you spotted an Anderson van parked up at the Muuuurder house!???
No internet for a few days = Lee crazily white glossing over orange pine!!!! ?

If you want to derail the thread by arguing for them lovely wonderful meldrums.. please feel free to start your own thread in the rave section.

The irony of your post is delightful!
They will surely have liability insurance.. or they really should incase their drone was to cause any damage or they did whilst recording.
My husband accidentally broke a customers marble dining table on Monday. Id of been vr

Maybe he should look into getting into property development long term as a back up for the future. Tjeu

Maybe you are or is you coming on here trying to slag us off by speculating about how happy us strangers are that you definitely don't know not even crazier than us speculating over people who do actually put themselves out in the public eye. Bit hypocritical no? ?

Also the lady calling people saying we’d make a good talk on physcology . Government pay people to spy on the internet on lots of kinds of people. Those on benefits making fraud claims etc. We could be any one of them just watching. Yeah fancy telling that back to the powers that be it.....and maybe these threads will reach the government for them to change the rules on internet vloggers

Last edited:
Unless you are the meldrums or their family/friends why would anyone give a tit about what is written on here. If we all had the same opinion the world would be a boring place. Also the good old you all must be so unhappy gets dragged out every time someone says something that’s isnt kissing someone’s arse ?

Threads about the meldrums get deleted from mumsnet, the delete negative comments or ban the Instagram users for saying negative things...If you put yourself in the public domain it is normal to get feedback, both positive and negative....only with the humrums negativity is not tolerated. This forum is our only outlet...And as you can see the Humdrums are taking it on board, so we are

That’s it official people. If we’re not happy with life then we’ve to switch off and turn a blind eye to things. Yep....that will solve everything in the world.

There are many other YTubers who do the same, no issues with them! Go abroad many times a year and in fact make way more than the meldrums. But they don’t come across as the meldrums. Forgetting key points/be rude to viewers when ask legitimate questions......you tubers rely on the public audience for views. If something isn’t right then people won’t stand back and say nothing. It’s clear Mrs M doesn’t really like her viewers. You know by the face fhat she doesn’t like them but tolerates them as it makes her money

Whenever people pop on here to denounce us all as sad and jealous they refer to “young families” and are at pains to point out how nice the meldrums friends are. Funny that, isn’t it?

Another puzzler.....Lee spoke about wanting to self build. Said he couldn’t afford it (that’s if he’d ever got planning permission for agri land). Couldn’t afford it. I can assure you you can build a brand new house for £600,000. So how come he couldn’t afford it a few months back and now can afford to buy such an expensive house??

Reactions: 4
Whenever people pop on here to denounce us all as sad and jealous they refer to “young families” and are at pains to point out how nice the meldrums friends are. Funny that, isn’t it?
What’s worse. Us on here raising genuine concerns, and some humour thrown in Or selling your kids to the world.

Also. If you are such an influencer. Don’t keep taking the kids off school for holidays. Sheep are easily influenced and it could cause a lot of parents to think well if the meldrums can do it then so can we. Hardly responsible. And to also use the excuse that it’s cultural. I wouldn’t call kids club cultural would you? If you want to be an influencer then teach the kids that it’s not ok to sell their soul to the world and also that education is very important. But if you want to be a vlogger then maybe that’s not important is it?

You would make a great psychology study! and that’s coming from a Psychologist.
You really don’t get any of this do you? Why are you even here?

Lees on insta stories but she’s not, how rude to her ???they’re the ones funding this move Reb, better start including them otherwise they might bugger off!!
It's Oh So Quiet.............??, Not even one smug photo ?? Maybe it's not been as "unstressful" as hoped, or perhaps "the lender" has had a rethink and has run screaming in the opposite direction ?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.