Mrs Meldrum #13 Unlucky For Lee, Public Figure No More, He's Been Binned With The Tree.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oil wife here and some of the viewpoints are funny [emoji23][emoji85]

My husband is away for 6 months of the year but we certainly pay tax. The only way to avoid that would potentially to be self employed and apply for contracts as a contractor. Even then, it would be difficult to organise not paying tax.
You need a better accountant, my Brother in law goes tax free and isn’t a contractor ?

Reactions: 4
Oil wife here and some of the viewpoints are funny [emoji23][emoji85]

My husband is away for 6 months of the year but we certainly pay tax. The only way to avoid that would potentially to be self employed and apply for contracts as a contractor. Even then, it would be difficult to organise not paying tax. I highly doubt Lee in his capacity would be in enough demand to be taken on as a contractor, so he would have been employed by a UK based company and paid wages accordingly on PAYE.

If his position was an unqualified one then he probably made 10k or so over the onshore rate which is why he got so cold footed over the ‘helicopter incident’ - he seems a bit chicken hearted. Add that to the fact the guys offshore probably couldn’t stand him either.
Love it! ?

Couldn't agree more. I've never been one for keeping up with the Jones's and am the type that's happy for friends and my family's success. I have a fulfilled life and enjoy following you tubers cos I'm interested in other people, their lives and love a hack! I've only gone on IG in the last 6-8 months because so many you tubers were saying 'over in stories' blah blah. But it's a pretty dull and false filtered world in IG I feel.

Maybe I'm just too old or not gullible enough of just plain HAPPY in my own life? In that short time I've been there some if the you tubers I follow have just become 1 big advert Rebecca being the worst, sadly she gives nothing to me now in terms of a follower nowadays, everything I enjoyed about her channels has gradually been taken away by her. I fast forward ads in my telly life so why would I want to watch constant crap whilst scrolling?

Some of these ' influencers 'are no more than modern day peddlers, not knocking on your door but already IN your home. They should be held accountable yet many and (Mrs M appears an extreme example) seem to think they are above the guidance in advertising, lack morals and sincerity and are happy to contribute to some people feeling inadequate or less than perfect. There's so much spoken about mental health and social media's contribution nowadays it's obviously connected.

I think we should keep this thread to Meldrum as this young woman is not a vlogger or peddler. However looking at her IG she is beautiful and has a wonderful life which like many using IG it's shown off to great artistic affect, good luck to her. Her life doesn't interest me, I'm probably old enough to be her mother, that's why! Peers must see IG like this and say wtf is wrong with me! With the greatest respect to her, her grid is the type you wouldn't see real life being posted, no baby sick or sleepless nights but that's the world many young people want to aspire to, want to see and many post about. I blame celebrity for that. Scarily though, in the few moments since you introduced her to us, I can see where she works, I know her father was a GP and she probably went to school with mummy monologues. ? It's terrifying how much people put out there without thinking. If anyone learns anything from this PLEASE be careful! ?
Quoting my own post with a bit I missed ... Mummy monologues was NJ's bridesmaid and they all looked beautiful. ?

Last edited:
Haha I can assure you that the girls insta page you just shared is NOT a rich oil wife!!! Too funny. I think he’s a roustabout position offshore too - just works away abroad so earns danger money!
I understand she portrays an expensive lifestyle but is actually living in a 1/2 bed (help to buy scheme too) flat in a not so good area of Aberdeen.
Absolutely nothing wrong with that at all however I cringe when people try and make out they something they are not. Also - re muddy mummy! I think she is in an altogether different league!
There goes my point about insta

She portrays holidays in dubai
Afternoon tea at trumps place
Looks glam

It's easy to create a false affluent life

It's self perpetuating cycle
Clearly she wants to be seen as an influencer but hasent considered how shes comprimised her privacy and that of her baby.

Scary how many locals know so much

She doesnt influence me in way too old.

I'm think being older I'm bit more immune to it.

I know its all for show.

Younger followers/sheep get sucked into it.

Had no idea muddy mummy was so fame hungry.

Clearly she has money

Unlike reb with fur coat and lee no kilt balls or knickers.
They showing us a lifestyle that seems unsustainable when you add up costs of it all.

Going back on topic humdrums

I find it weird how little she networks even with local vloggers/infleuncers.

She couldent even put iron away when Sarah this mama life visited .

She seldom goes down south to events.

She may make out less ads is choice hut theres less work availiable 1st quarter.

1 comment on insta from sheep possibly deleted. Are you not afraid your feb spend will be massive all the stuff shes planning to buy.

Reactions: 1
Meldrums very quiet on Social Media today. Wonder if this is the beginning of the end?....

Reactions: 3
You need a better accountant, my Brother in law goes tax free and isn’t a contractor ?
Same with the ones who still have properties in the NE but have decided to move to Spain just to save tax as it doesn’t matter where they are based off flying to work each month. Yet they know they still have the properties back here and will still get full state pension when they come back home to retire and yet they are not spending any of their wages keeping the uk economy going as they are now living in Spain. It’s just a tax dodge

Reactions: 1
Meldrums very quiet on Social Media today. Wonder if this is the beginning of the end?....
Is she? People mentioned earlier that there's little sponsorship work this time of year? Or did her resolutions not include less work /social media time? So having a day off?

She had a headache yesterday. Maybe unwell. ? Or, perhaps she's working on some major interesting new content in her office ? or working in the "prototype" for her book? ?‍?

She's a one woman girl gang now on her channel remember, it's all about her - she's sacked the interesting stuff. No more shared workload, it's all down to her to spread the magic and wiggle her wand ?‍♀ and produce content. ?????

Does anyone even know when her next vid is due on you tube? She's changed the format/diary so much, I haven't a clue what's she's doing. Used to be part of my routine (sad sheep). She also needs to spend some minutes updating her you tube 'about me' she wiped it recently and it makes little sense, another example of sheer laziness, half hearted half arsed effort in business. ?

Same with the ones who still have properties in the NE but have decided to move to Spain just to save tax as it doesn’t matter where they are based off flying to work each month. Yet they know they still have the properties back here and will still get full state pension when they come back home to retire and yet they are not spending any of their wages keeping the uk economy going as they are now living in Spain. It’s just a tax dodge
I married the wrong man lol

Yeah I've worked with and known several woman who will 'meet' their husbands in European cities or further for breaks (somewhere easy to fly from Aberdeen) as their husbands have to stay out of the UK for so many days a year to save on tax. Lee was no where near this bracket, they wouldn't have qualified for the lovely home they were in if that was the case, but he would have been on a decent salary to provide for a family inc a stay at home wife (not even working a few hours a week) before you tube and likely to be more than what myself and husband jointly would be earning living locally in same area working for public service.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I'm sure she'll do a post later excusing the "radio silence"
It’s probably been a busy day of pottering, mooching, going for a walk up the hill, doing the food shop, seeing chums ...
there will no doubt be an “arty” photo or a sunglasses selfie before the day is out to explain all!

Reactions: 14
Makes me lol that every single post starts with ‘having a chilled day today’ when are you not!? Bit out of order ripping a local panto to bits when the one you’re comparing it with was free to you

Reactions: 19
“It felt a bit amateur”

Oh do duck off!

FYI Rebecca- your entire BUSINESS is all a bit amateur!

Grow up woman.

Reactions: 24
SAVAGE post about the local theatre show on her insta. Believe it or not REB the show wasn’t aimed at YOU!! Your children enjoyed it so no one actually cares if you had a good day out.
Future garden planning? Hope you include a new shed in those plans.

Reactions: 15
Makes me lol that every single post starts with ‘having a chilled day today’ when are you not!? Bit out of order ripping a local panto to bits when the one you’re comparing it with was free to you
Shes disgusting, yes the Tivoli theatre is made on a budget, they are a small local theatre who are still trying to find their feet after renovating and bringing the building back to life. No surprise she found the big flash panto at HMT THAT SHE DIDN'T PAY FOR better, it's easy for something that's free to feel more agreeable! How dare they not give her free tickets the same as HMT! Nice to see her supporting small local businesses as usual!

Just goes to show for Mrs Meldrum is not about quality it's about how much it costs and the status it gives you!

Btw anyone else think that t-shirt is looking awfully tight along the midriff? I'm still thinking a surprise baby announcement is in the works once she's passed the 12 week mark!

“It felt a bit amateur”

Oh do duck off!

FYI Rebecca- your entire BUSINESS is all a bit amateur!

Grow up woman.
Well she would know amateur given thats exactly how her videos feel!

Reactions: 7
Very interesting that she thinks it's okay to criticise those performers to her 82k followers however she also thinks 15 people having a discussion about her public performance is trolling ?

Reactions: 38
She’s obviously peeved that she’s had to put her hand in her pocket and actually pay for something for her OWN children. Maybe set up a Justgiving page...

Reactions: 19
Shes disgusting, yes the Tivoli theatre is made on a budget, they are a small local theatre who are still trying to find their feet after renovating and bringing the building back to life. No surprise she found the big flash panto at HMT THAT SHE DIDN'T PAY FOR better, it's easy for something that's free to feel more agreeable! How dare they not give her free tickets the same as HMT! Nice to see her supporting small local businesses as usual!

Just goes to show for Mrs Meldrum is not about quality it's about how much it costs and the status it gives you!

Btw anyone else think that t-shirt is looking awfully tight along the midriff? I'm still thinking a surprise baby announcement is in the works once she's passed the 12 week mark!

Well she would know amateur given thats exactly how her videos feel!
She didn’t even wait til the 12 weeks with baby nugget! It was around 5 weeks they announced she was pregnant with wee chicken pop

Reactions: 2
So take it she's back online? ?

Reactions: 2
She buys 'bargain tickets' to a panto and then has the cheek to complain that it felt amateurish... what was she expecting, it was hardly going to be big-budget? Funny how she never has anything bad to say about all the things she is #kindlygifted...

Reactions: 16
She buys 'bargain tickets' to a panto and then has the cheek to complain that it felt amateurish... what was she expecting, it was hardly going to be big-budget? Funny how she never has anything bad to say about all the things she is #kindlygifted...
It was an amateur theatre company!
I cannot believe she has slated it. ?

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.