Mrs Meldrum #13 Unlucky For Lee, Public Figure No More, He's Been Binned With The Tree.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On a more serious note there are many different types of eating disorders some are extreme fussy eating.
Eating disorders are not always about looks and weight.

They a huge control thing.

Maybe s feels like her life is not her own and this has manifested in extra fussy eating.
She seems a nervous shy child bit unsure of herself.
The past few years reb has said who she struggled with school but they always going on holiday and her home life is vastly different from her peers

Please don’t go there, she’s a child, this is NORMAL behaviour from a child at stages in their lives, you’re feeding Rebecca’s victim role even implying this or using these words with zero evidence especially with a child so young.
No hate just it’s a dangerous road to start going down.

Just my opinion I just don’t want to fuel her victim fires (in the crypt) with nonsense about S having an eating disorder according to tattle life.

Reactions: 20
Crazy how some people on Instagram have tens of thousands of followers but only get a few thousand likes on their photos?
That's actually very very good engagement.

Easy to buy bots to auto like your photos.

I wonder if she will start using YouTube stories rather than Instagram stories? Seeing as YouTube is her jam.

There's no way S has an eating disorder and I actually think from what we can see. They are nowhere near as fussy as my kids would be if they were given half the stuff they put infront of them. We don't do kids meals per se and my kids get a sirloin when we have steak. But if we are having something they defo won't like, like a spicy curry we just take there's out first. Or Salmon they will have chicken instead. .

Now I'm on to my youngest being Safiyas age I'm very laid back. If they don't want it and eat a few mouthful I'm not going to force or fight it. They will eat when they are hungry and by the time they are 14 like my eldest they will most definitely eat it all.

Reactions: 8
There's no way S has an eating disorder and I actually think from what we can see. They are nowhere near as fussy as my kids would be if they were given half the stuff they put infront of them. We don't do kids meals per se and my kids get a sirloin when we have steak. But if we are having something they defo won't like, like a spicy curry we just take there's out first. Or Salmon they will have chicken instead. .

Now I'm on to my youngest being Safiyas age I'm very laid back. If they don't want it and eat a few mouthful I'm not going to force or fight it. They will eat when they are hungry and by the time they are 14 like my eldest they will most definitely eat it all.[/QUOTE]
I don’t know why Mrs M is having a fuss over eating with S. As previous people have mentioned it’s quite normal and the more fuss you make the more it becomes an issue. I don’t think reb is laid back enough to just let S be, I do think her and S would end up at logger heads over things as reb would just end up making things an issue and S is now at an age to respond which reb will dislike her now having an opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I have to say I actually felt her new vlog was fairly relatable to me. I have a 10 year old who as the years are going on is refusing to eat more and more foods. Its frustrating watching him push food around and refuse to eat things he used to (but he would happily eat tons of crisps and chocolates) and now his little brother is starting to copy him. It was nice seeing another parent feeling frustrated by the same things but if she were smart she would use it to her advantage as most people get stuck in a rut with cooking. She could pair up with a cooking channel and learn to cook healthy food more to her childrens taste. She wouldnt have to film the girls just relay back if the meal was a success or not. I think I suggested something similar for Louise who just can't cook.

I'm not subscribed to her anymore mainly because I was finding her content boring. I only really watched and enjoyed the meldrum vlogs but I actually preferred the vlogs without Lee. I dont care about golf.

Reactions: 5
I just realised that Mrs M never (that she’s ever shown social media anyway) given the kids loads of her own ideas for crafts or doing things. She always just gives them pens paper or a set to make a certain thing. This is by no means a criticism, loads of parents just don’t have the creative gene or don’t enjoy that stuff. But if you’re peddling a book based around ideas I’ve come up with to keep your kids happy then surely that should be what you’re good at.
As much as I wouldn’t buy that kind of thing if she was Uber creative and always had the kids doing crazy things I maybe would be more intrequed. Is it just me in thinking her choice of book is a little odd.

Reactions: 10
I just realised that Mrs M never (that she’s ever shown social media anyway) given the kids loads of her own ideas for crafts or doing things. She always just gives them pens paper or a set to make a certain thing. This is by no means a criticism, loads of parents just don’t have the creative gene or don’t enjoy that stuff. But if you’re peddling a book based around ideas I’ve come up with to keep your kids happy then surely that should be what you’re good at.
As much as I wouldn’t buy that kind of thing if she was Uber creative and always had the kids doing crazy things I maybe would be more intrequed. Is it just me in thinking her choice of book is a little odd.

Bavk in the old vlogs (s three/four and f newborn/one) she frequently talked about how she would like to be one of those Pinterest mums with lots of boxes of craft stuff but said that's just not me and that she's just not into it

Reactions: 8
Please don’t go there, she’s a child, this is NORMAL behaviour from a child at stages in their lives, you’re feeding Rebecca’s victim role even implying this or using these words with zero evidence especially with a child so young.
No hate just it’s a dangerous road to start going down.

Just my opinion I just don’t want to fuel her victim fires (in the crypt) with nonsense about S having an eating disorder according to tattle life.
Sorry if my post came across crap

I think what i was trying say in roundabout way is

Why is s always the issue
She assumes Florrie is bad a because she copies s.
I think they could argue over lots things

Reb is super critical of s in past

S is messy
S is fussy eater
S is not listening is trying to control f play

Was recent vlog where they both broke into biscuit has it snacks s got telling off f did not.

I don't think s has as an eating disorder

I think she's a typical kid I have a super fussy 9 year old.

But what i do is adapt meal times
Sometimes we eat different things
Different times as husband works long hours.

We'd adapt meals to suit their tastes

What i do think is s pushes rebs buttons and meals are perfect thing s can control.

I think they eat quite healthy as family
Meal portions seem small
Lee does better food shops hand cooking than my husband.
It's even more frustrating when you cooked it and they don't eat it!

The only time I consult cookbooks is if we have guests or if we stuck in a rut.

If like she said stories other day earlier and different meals worked why go back on that .

My 12 year old randomly announced yesterday shes going veggie.

Now reb said new years resolution is 3 veggie meals a week.

Is this because worries about animal welfare.
Cost saving
Or health

What 3 veggie meals would the kids eat as mine love Chicken /white fish and mince.

She's least crafty Imaginative mum I know.
That who jordons cereal nature hunt was written by them.

I love my parents but I could never live in their pockets like she does.

I love my husband but he drive me mad if he's home all time.
He finds mum life and trying keep house tidy more stressful than work.

As a stay at home mum I can't remember

Last night out with friends probably pre baby and baby is 8months old family live away.

Last date night pre baby

Last salon visit

I have shopped less as between school runs. Housework. Activities and food shopping i dont have time mooch or potter.

I can't believe shes done zero painting.

Between both grandparents
Nursery
Stay at home dad
She's hardly hands on house or parent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Exactly! Don't forget it has to be throw 'use uppable" Stuff... She hates that crap. Mrs Meldrum is indeed a funny choice of mum to peddle this type of book. Remember when they moved into this house and a big question to viewers what to use the larder kitchen cupboard for... One thought was crafts... Never mentioned again! ?

Consistency isn't a strong point and it's becoming more evident and frustrating. That cupboard question would have been a great opener for videos on storage /reorganising /favourite solo crafts for different ages/fave things to do together... As I'm sure the book must have been mentioned by then, they only moved in late October and there was a few 'business calls' around then..... ?

More missed opportunities for relatable content and the foundations for the book... But meh, that's effort!

Bavk in the old vlogs (s three/four and f newborn/one) she frequently talked about how she would like to be one of those Pinterest mums with lots of boxes of craft stuff but said that's just not me and that she's just not into it
Another example of her dishonesty to viewers /potential customers. ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Seems the daily yoga she's commited to is forgotten about

Along with the self care challenge and the reverse advent and the book club and a million other things. She's a flake, she cannot stick to anything, it's obvious she has no commitment she either posts this crap purely to boost engagement or to bolster an upcoming ad campaign.

If something takes a little work or effort it's guaranteed good old Reb will flake out of it.

And I fully expect her to post about tbe yoga or something else mentioned here on Insta tomorrow because she loves to "answer" Tattle after a post!

Reactions: 2
.... and how is baby Poppy? Not a peep, not a mention after her horrible videos and the drama to try and bring Lee home from his night out .... ?

Reactions: 11
Latest video was just a simple sit down talk, no cut aways and very easy work. Just an excuse to put a load of affiliate links for books.

Of course she didn't say in the text they were affiliate links, that's way too much hard work following the law.

Reactions: 4
She doesnt get it does she?:eek: Now she blaims 'the trolls' for her not beeing able to be herself?!?
Reb you are just bitter that you are not able to continue your greed and intrude your childrens privacy for your fame. And all your sneaky ads. Your greed makes me sick:sick:
Its a huge relief that they stopped filming the kids and i believe it was because of the pressure about sosial services that lead to it. Not because she learnt something.
I was going to say the same thing! Being herself must mean selling their children’s privacy for some Elemis and Olay and Next.

Ok shes probably annoyed shes not gifted lovely stuff for house like Kate murnane or Katie ellision whos both have amazing interior tastes and gifted new bathrooms.

Not sure if kate murnane or mod kitchen was gifted
I think both were gifted appliances
Kate murnane got cool maison de monde and reb got Oakland

I'm expect next must be done with meldrums by now.

Bathrooms are cheaper than kitchens
That Kate??I have asked on YouTube when she posted that she worked together woth Maison du munde to clarify what that meant exactly and an still waiting for her reply ?

Reactions: 1
That Kate??I have asked on YouTube when she posted that she worked together woth Maison du munde to clarify what that meant exactly and an still waiting for her reply ?
Kate murnane is the worst for not engaging with viewers and commenters on social media. It's a massive turn off. She has a lovely home style and I actually like her but her lack of response to any questions even just people asking where she purchased something is verging on rude. I'm surprised she gets any brand deals as her engagement is embarrassing.

Reactions: 10
Kate murnane is the worst for not engaging with viewers and commenters on social media. It's a massive turn off. She has a lovely home style and I actually like her but her lack of response to any questions even just people asking where she purchased something is verging on rude. I'm surprised she gets any brand deals as her engagement is embarrassing.
Tell me about it, I just asked what working together meant, because I don’t know, I just had a look and she hasn’t replied but the comments are still there, shamefull really, it’s just a question that if she had been honest to begin with I wouldn’t need to ask. I can’t stand her really, she gets on my nerves??

I like what she did there.....
Can’t stand that woman!!!!! She’s such a dick?

Rebecca’s 100k giveaway was the poorest giveaway I have seen on YouTube!!! What does she have really?? Moved house, gives a poor giveaway and is now saving on meat to cut costs!!! Brilliant!! Where’s your 5 holidays a year Rebs? Nada? I just hope no one takes your advice on buying a house?

Last edited:
s doesn't have an eating disorder or fussy if you ask me if my children ate half of what they gave them for tea id be over the moon they are too adult for them simple as that and they eat the same food every week id get fed up of mackerel tatties and broccoli if I hadit every week

Reactions: 3
Don't ambush me, but I quite like Lee. I feel a little sorry for him to be honest! I've just watched a vlog... Haven't watched one for ages, from bk in late November. He looks exhausted and I feel sorry for him.
He's looking after Pops, doing the Costco shop, the Aldi shop, then off to pick the girls up, home to film the haul, then he's cooking the evening meal.
I much prefer to watch him than her. He seems to have more control over the whole parenting situation.
He's a good dad and I can't help but have a pang of sympathy for him.
I'll help you fend of the death threats then because I don't mind Lee either. He may not work, but he takes care of everything aside from what she needs that day for the vlog footage. I get why he's gone so much. Even Mr. Mom needs a break .
Exactly! Don't forget it has to be throw 'use uppable" Stuff... She hates that crap. Mrs Meldrum is indeed a funny choice of mum to peddle this type of book. Remember when they moved into this house and a big question to viewers what to use the larder kitchen cupboard for... One thought was crafts... Never mentioned again! ?

Consistency isn't a strong point and it's becoming more evident and frustrating. That cupboard question would have been a great opener for videos on storage /reorganising /favourite solo crafts for different ages/fave things to do together... As I'm sure the book must have been mentioned by then, they only moved in late October and there was a few 'business calls' around then..... ?

More missed opportunities for relatable content and the foundations for the book... But meh, that's effort!

Another example of her dishonesty to viewers /potential customers. ?
Here's something I've noticed about Rebecca. She has all these really super great spectacular ideas that she'd like to try and then...NOTHING. As most of you have pointed out, she seems incapable of sticking with things. Part of that is most definitely laziness but I sometimes wonder if it all boils down to her just being incapable or lacking creativity. Nothing about her channel is ground breaking. I know there isn't a lot of originality on YouTube any more but she doesn't even try to venture outside of her comfort zone. That's why I said I'm dying to see how long this "going back to basics" efforts she's making with the girls will last. She failed like three days into a no spending month so needless to say I don't have a lot of faith in her ability. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.