Mrs Hinch #28 SwipeUp Sophie is Tattle puppet, Hinch army full of muppets!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone see on of of the facebook groups (I think it was the mrs Hinch cleaning tips page) about the baby that got elbow grease sprayed into her eyes? Apparently the baby was taken to hospital and there was worry about possibly loosing eye sight?

I've covered the actual photo of the babys face just incase there are any rules regarding anything like this (not my child, you can still see the eye)
The post is still on the page if you search "elbow grease"
It's on "Hinch army cleaning tips" if anyone wanted to actually look.
Feel sorry for the poor child, bet the mother/parent never used the product before all this hype. Just goes to show really 🤷‍♀️
Wtf for goodness sake what is wrong with these parents leaving chemicals out in front of their kids! Yes I understand accidents happen but cleaning/washing products adverts clearly state keep away from children and out of reach of children 🙄 carelessness is going to cost a child’s life at some point.

And to think idiots like this and the rest of the ******** army are breeding.

(Don’t mean to cause any offence, but these things that’s could easily be prevented really winds me up)

Reactions: 13
I think it's pretty but would never hang it over a baby, it's asking for trouble, so many bits to fall off and choke the baby.
I personally wouldn’t have anything around a cot. I learned that the hard way and was very lucky it didn’t result in the death of my son. When my twin sons were babies I bought them a cot toy each from Woolies of a caterpillar which weaved between the cot bars. One morning I got up and went into the bedroom and saw a little green ball on the face of one of my sons near his nose, about 1/2 cm big . I though wtf is that?! Thinking surely that’s not a snot! It’s too big! The closer I got I realised it was the nose of the caterpillar! Needless to say they were immediately removed and taken back to Woolies where I told them what had happened. They removed them from sale. From then on, I kept nothing around their cots and stuck to night lights projecting shapes around the room for stimulation. It’s just not worth it.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I like the mobile however I think it's a shame that Sophie isn't choosing her own things for her baby's room.
It's all part of the bonding process going and choosing your baby's first bed, bedding etc together.
There is clearly a nursery underway now and it must be in the make up room.

Sophie if you are reading here, from one mum to another, please make sure to follow the safe sleep guidelines when your son is here.
No cot bumpers, no toys in the cot or sleep positioners and please keep nappy sacks well out of the way.
I've seen too many babies die and their parents sharing stories of how it was something so innocent that claimed their baby's life.
The worst was a baby who managed to get a nappy sack and suffocated at only months old. He couldn't even roll and his parents have no idea how it happened.

Keep that little one safe and don't be filling his sleeping area with stuff you don't need

• Sad
Reactions: 26
I like the mobile however I think it's a shame that Sophie isn't choosing her own things for her baby's room.
It's all part of the bonding process going and choosing your baby's first bed, bedding etc together.
There is clearly a nursery underway now and it must be in the make up room.

Sophie if you are reading here, from one mum to another, please make sure to follow the safe sleep guidelines when your son is here.
No cot bumpers, no toys in the cot or sleep positioners and please keep nappy sacks well out of the way.
I've seen too many babies die and their parents sharing stories of how it was something so innocent that claimed their baby's life.
The worst was a baby who managed to get a nappy sack and suffocated at only months old. He couldn't even roll and his parents have no idea how it happened.

Keep that little one safe and don't be filling his sleeping area with stuff you don't need
Oh god that’s so sad 😢 are you a health visitor?

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I personally wouldn’t have anything around a cot. I learned that the hard way and was very lucky it didn’t result in the death of my son. When my twin sons were babies I bought them a cot toy each from Woolies of a caterpillar which weaved between the cot bars. One morning I got up and went into the bedroom and saw a little green ball on the face of one of my sons near his nose, about 1/2 cm big . I though wtf is that?! Thinking surely that’s not a snot! It’s too big! The closer I got I realised it was the nose of the caterpillar! Needless to say they were immediately removed and taken back to Woolies where I told them what had happened. They removed them from sale. From then on, I kept nothing around their cots and stuck to night lights projecting shapes around the room for stimulation. It’s just not worth it.
Think thats the problem when your a parent, you sometimes only find out something is dangerous when its too late!

Theres the obvious dangers like cleaning products and choking hazards and medicines etc but what worries me about Swipe up Sophie is she’s buying tat off ebay and showing it to her hunchers without even checking whether its safe, conforms to British Safety Standards or anything!

I remember when Claudia Winkleman’s daughter was badly burned when her halloween costume caught fire. They checked and found that nearly all costumes would go up in seconds but parents, me included, assumed that because you bought it from asda, matalan , or any other high street shop and not off the market or ebay, that it would be safe

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Oh god that’s so sad 😢 are you a health visitor?
No however I work for a baby store and they no longer sell sleep positioners, advise against nappy sacks and cot bumpers etc. Those drapes that are for decoration etc can all be beautiful but lethal.

The stories of families that have lost babies in these circumstances would utterly break you. I used a cot bumper and nappy sacks until I realised how dangerous they were. I had no idea as a first time mum and bought everything I saw that would make my baby's room look good.
One good thing about social media now is that you do see campaigns about how dangerous these things are but while shops continue to sell them, parents will think they must be ok.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Guuueeeeys these drawer dividers are from Ikea but I got mine from eBay because if you’re like me you can’t get to Ikea because it’s a trek to get to mine and I don’t go very often , this might be for you(and I can make some monehhhhh off your ebayer 💰) , oh and look at these hooks only 3quid .....from Ikea . Yes that hard to get to place that you have to trek to , that place on the moon called Ikea...where you went on Friday with Trace nails , remember meatballs on Friday wiv Trace nails at Ikea 👀 she must think her hinchers are fick . This is the nonsense that irritates me . She talks that much drivel she forgets what she’s said .
And I’m sorry that cot mobile monstrosity needs binning , it’s very uninspiring for very short sighted eyes and terribly dangerous . Please someone gift her something that has been tested for quality and safety!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
So she seems to have changed her radiator cover. So jer Snuzpod next2me thing must be beside her bed. But it should not be beside a rad or window.

Screenshot_20190527-144648_Instagram.jpg

I read a story on fb group (not mh one)
A few years ago. A 9 month old who had never managed to pull up before, pulled up in the cot one morning got hold of nappy sacks and suffocated himself. Horrific 😥

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Another cleaning account revealed how dangerous spraying fabric softener on furnishings as it makes them flammable, I’ve noticed she doesn’t seem to show her doing it anymore but she hasn’t admitted it was a mistake and asked anyone to stop doing it??
I actually didn’t even realise it could be dangerous until I came on tattle, before that I’d still have been spraying - that means there’s prob thousands out there still doing it 🥺

Reactions: 9
Yep something bad is going to happen. I just wish she would address it. Tbh I got banned from a hinch Facebook group for telling someone that they shouldn't be spraying lenor here there and everywhere.
And Mrs hinch excuse is people can read the bottle.
I’m on a Hinch FB group purely to suggest natural non-chemical alternatives to all the questions 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 16
This is the thing that pisses me off about her. She realises that some the tips she gives out you shouldn't be doing it but she never addresses it.
Just shows how much she really thinks of her hinchers! But yet they still can’t see it 😩

Reactions: 3
I think that mobile is gonna stay over the changing unit. She seems to have the unit in a little corner of her bedroom.

Reactions: 5
110% sure that pod thing has been moved to the other side of the room after reading tattle
It has she may of been setting it up when she put it on her story’s yesterday I don’t think even she’s that stupid to leave it in front of a radiator

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.