Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Member345

I have literally joined just for this thread! I’ve been reading it over the past few days and OH MY LORD.
I am so glad like minded people exist 😂
Several times I’ve googled things like ‘people who don’t like Mrs Hinch’ and ‘mrs hinch sceptics’ and my personal favourite ‘wtf is wrong with Mrs Hinch!’ And for so long all I found was people raving about her or gossipy tabloids 🤦🏻‍♀️
I followed her because a lot of my friends are into her and just couldn’t understand it. I was among the (seemingly small!) camp of people who she didn’t inspire or *save* with their mh problems..it just made me feel crap that my house isn’t pristine and I don’t enjoy doing the cleaning!
It also makes me super uneasy how much single use plastic she’s discarding and encouraging millions of people to do the same and be so wasteful! And to buy cheap crap on eBay on a whim..as someone who’s trying to live more environmentally friendly and use less plastic/less products in general/make better choices and buy quality things which will last!
These threads have opened my eyes to the problems with influencers big time. I have often wondered how she affords all the stuff she buys when she seemingly doesn’t work, or doesn’t work much, but had no idea so much of it is gifted (due to my ignorance on how it all works but also her total failure to disclose what she’s been given/what she’s making money off!) I had no idea that she would be making money each time she did a swipe up, and now can’t get over the sheer number that she does!
Also find it insane the rate at which she goes from phase to phase in order to be sent more stuff/encourage people to buy it (the sewing machine that hasn’t been mentioned in ages sticks in my mind but there’s so many others!)
Regarding the hospital things there’s clearly something going on and I wish she’d either stop mentioning it or just say what’s wrong. It’s very concerning the amount of chemicals and crap she uses, especially for the baby. But also sooooo many impressionable people that follow her and want to copy her! Can’t be healthy for anyone at all. I’d really like to read her book to see if that sheds any light on anything but going to have to wait until it turns up in a charity shop Cos I’m not giving her my money for it!
The sad thing is if she does have an eating disorder/was open about what’s been wrong/open about her gastric band thing and all of that her ‘fans’ would be super supportive of her! Maybe even help her. But she’s so shady about it all it’s ridiculous.
Rant over.. so glad I’ve found people who also don’t get it!! 😂

Reactions: 31

Cunnyfunt1

Seems a bit funny this post this morning after the sun comes out and says she has made a fortune from social media. She first tried to in a round about way say don’t believe what the say. She created this herself all she had to do was be honest and put the relevant #add #gifted #paid and she wouldn’t be getting all this backlash. Plenty of accounts are honest and make a good living from social media. She should fire her management as they are doing a terrible job. She just can’t admit when she does wrong or makes a mistake when she was telling people to spray stuff with fabric softener and stopped she didn’t explain why she stopped or that it was unsafe and she made a mistake. When her army started to hound other cleaning accounts she didn’t come out and say she didn’t condone bullying she seemed to relish it. When she says we are all in it together but then posts a eBay link for a £20 basket or whatever which you can buy elsewhere for £3 or whatever. When she convinetly had anxiety to sell a book. When she claims to be such an animal lover but use products that are tested on animals, buy a bird feeder to attract birds into your garden but then spray toxic chemicals all over the place. You do need to elbow grease in your garden bloody soapy water would have done a better job and no poison the wildlife. She gives out bad advice and doesn’t admit that it’s dangerous all just to plug products, she has done nothing to acknowledge the amount of people who have ended up ill or in hospital due to her bad advice. There are plenty of cleaning accounts who don’t get hate maybe because most of them are trying to bring about some positive change. And why would Estée Lauder want to work with you when you can’t show your face without a filter just be real ffs we all know you use the gretel filter because you don’t want to show your face without make up.

Reactions: 30

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
Just want to say I really like Mrs Hinch. I have a degree. I know how to clean and I’m not swept away by her at all. I believe she is just riding the wave atm, and why shouldn’t she?! I’ve met her and she’s really lovely in person. We all have opinions on people - hence this site - but I would never be malicious or nasty about anyone, regardless of if they have two followers or two million. I hope she is better soon and that baby is safe and well :) that’s all.
There is a 'rave about' topic, feel free to start your own Hinch thread if you want to. I doubt people on this one need teaching how to suck eggs. You might see it as riding the wave, but many see it as a wave of dishonesty and bad advice.

• Heart

Crumpet

And how embarrassing having baby clothes with Handsomes and Baby Hinch printed on them . Surely she’ll be the laughing stock. So cheap and nasty and tacky ..... 🤢.

• Sick
  • Haha

GossWhore

VIP Member
I don’t know if this has been mentioned yet, but Luisa Zissmann called out Mrs Hinch on her podcast today for faking anxiety!
Luisa. Did not hold back:

"Its becoming cool to have a mental health issue in the UK and if you hadn't you're a bit of a loser. I haven't got any mental health issue.

And I'm gonna go in on someone on social media who's guilty of this and has a massive fan following - Mrs Hinch.

She is always banging on about her anxiety and her mental health issues, she is one of the worst offenders for this and I just it's not cool.

Why are you trying to make mental health issues cool? I can understand we are trying to make them more mainstream and it's good to talk about them a bit more. But its all these people jumping on the bandwagon with all their mental health problems and I don't even think a lot of them have these mental health issues. I really don't.

I think it makes people who have got genuine bi-polar, schizophrenia. If you got a bit anxiety. Guess what guys, everyone has a little bit of anxiety every now and then. That's completely normal. And I think we are focusing on this too much. But its pissing me off".

Her and her co-host agreed people shouldn't self-diagnose so quick.

Luisa said some of these people like Mrs Hinch are just attention seeking with their fucking quotes. "Mrs Hinch is annoying me now and I might unfollow her".

• Heart

Missesp86

Hi folks! I am a newbie here but have been lurking a few days after, like a few others said seeing a mention of clean honest living and then the whole thing unravelled infront of my eyes!
I feel so bloody stupid for falling for it. Granted I'd only been following her a few months 3 maybe? But it struck a chord in me because I live with mental health issues and chronic illness so her mention of how it helped with her "anxiety" really made me feel empowered! I got the book and read half of it then it started to feel weird about it all... It didn't add up... I did always question the overuse of the products like seriously you have 3 loos in that house and you're cleaning them all daily!? Whyyy? Then the using of fabric softener on things that just make them super flammable!? Whaaat? Then the posts about breastfeeding and how she wasn't tolerating any messages about it... Really pissed me off. Informed is best so why not hear from your "wonderful insta followers" who might have advice or support when it comes to nursing? Good lord. Then pushing the prep machine... Aghhh.
I have nothing against formula feeders at all but like others have said her platform is huge and to be promoting that is wrong. Simple as that.

I feel sorry for the kid, and the poor dog... I'm so glad I woke up and smelt the coffee. There are some wonderful cleaning accounts on insta and I've learned more from them than I have from hers! I really hope the whole fad does pass soon and that environmental health clamp down on the use of the products she promotes. I've not got all of them but I did buy a fair few and had been using them regularly but I shall not be buying them again. Instead I'll be investing in cruelty free brands only, lots more vinegar, bi Carb and a lotta lemons!

I don't think I'll unfollow her just yet, I suspect her demise will soon start happening. It makes me sick to think of all the vulnerable low income families have been duped by her greed and fakery. It's as bad as bloody mlms 🤯

Very glad I found this place!

• Heart

Qweenie

I don’t know if this has been mentioned yet, but Luisa Zissmann called out Mrs Hinch on her podcast today for faking anxiety!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29

Dirty Joan

Henry is in for some land when that baby arrives. I say this as someone who loves dogs and as someone who thought she needed rehab when her first dog died; the way she treats and panders to that dog is nothing short of ridiculous. Wiping his eyes and wanting to blow his nose? Rubbing his head and paws til he sleeps and giving him his own bed? All this is doing is leading to massive resentment from Henry towards that baby when he’s born. His eyes are probably weeping due to chemical overload. The dash he does towards the fence when he’s let outside, poor thing can’t run far enough. All dogs need is good meal, a decent walk and adequate love and attention. They are not humans and don’t need to be treated as such, and so projecting human needs and emotions on to them is futile.
He’s a beautiful dog but he is about to get the shock of his life, and so is she.

Side note; Anyone think she’s eating out of a jug because she’s measuring what she’s eating?

• Heart

Littlesunfish

It doesn’t matter if you have a Doctorate or left school with no qualifications, you can still be sucked in to buying things in bulk, mixing chemicals for cleaning, spraying fabric softener or Zoflora everywhere etc. Because she is clever and knows what she’s doing. No one wishes her ill health or harm and certainly not to her unborn baby either. In fact if you read through some of the posts when she was in hospital, there were a lot of get well posts. We are all entitled to our own opinions and this is a place where people talk about her because we’ve seen through the seemingly fun, simple, home loving woman we were led to believe she was. If I told you I had a phd but still got obsessed with some parts of her influencing techniques because I also have mental health difficulties what difference would it make? 🤷‍♀️ She is what she is. Taking her 15 mins of fame and milking it for all it’s worth but sadly taking a lot of people down with her.

• Heart

Shutthedoor

Yes! Did you notice she didn’t turn round to face the camera? Obviously can’t bare the fact she doesn’t have butterflies floating over her head or her Gretel curls and earrings 🙄
She won't show herself without a filter cause she naturally looks like a melted wellie

• Haha
Thats not her, she is @mariekondo, not @konmari.co, this one has only 624k followers, sorry Soph, not the real one !

• Haha

Chez300

VIP Member
I say that because people are labelling her ‘followers’ as morons or uneducated and I’m just saying that’s not the case here. And to the above poster asking why I was in this thread if I like her, well it’s called being curious which is why these forums have been created, but I’m not going to comment in here any further.
You could still be a moron with a degree 🤷🏾‍♀️

Why comment at all if all you wanted to do was dip and run?!

You know what curiosity did?

• Heart

MumzyBumzy

I’ve noticed that she went from obsessively plugging lush products as the best thing since bastard zoflora was invented. She has never mentioned them again because they ignored her and gave her nothing. She literally boils my piss, she’s so fake and money grabbing. ATB my arse

• Heart

bellaburgundia

So upset and having such a bad day she has to share *genuine* private texts from her husband. Still time for a quick shot of Estée Lauder samples disguised as a tip. We all have bad days, real bad days, shame we can't lie on our arse in bed or on free garden furniture, eh?

Reactions: 28

SunshineRae

VIP Member
Now #gifted fucking cases!! £300 worth of suitcase!! I know because I wanted one when they first came out but couldn’t justify spending £165 on a case that wasn’t actually that big and would probably fall apart...and because I’m not a chav! I’m getting more and more mad that every single bloody post is ohhh look another gift and here’s another fucking swipe up that absolutely nobody has asked for 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Ohhh...and AvaMay, might not pay you cash but you are paid in gifted items you stupid fucking bint!!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart

Courtsreilly

Can’t put her socks on, has fluid around her feet and ankles but can stuff her trotters into tacky knee high eBay boots. I can’t deal with this women.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
Except your first poo.
This wins the internet today 😂😂

I've just had this email from the ASA

Thank you for contacting the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) with your complaint about a story on Sophie Hinchliffe’s Instagram.

You may be interested to learn that we have received a number of complaints about Mrs Hinch’s content on Instagram, also raising concerns regarding whether any ads are clearly identifiable as such. We are currently investigating this issue against a range of examples, and we believe that this investigation is likely to address the concerns you have raised. As the investigation is already in progress, we will now close our file on your complaint, but please rest assured that the outcome of this matter will be published on our website, http://www.asa.org.uk/. I am, unfortunately, unable to give a timeframe for when we expect this to happen.

Should you have continued concerns once the matter has been published, please contact us again and we will be happy to consider the matter further. We will also keep a record of your complaint for reference in our future assessments and take it into account in our regular, proactive ‘intelligence gathering’ sweeps, where we analyse a range of information – including complaints made to us – to spot significant or emerging issues.

We hope this helps to explain our decision, and thank you again for contacting us.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Crumpet

I think she’ll have an elective Caesarian .... won’t want her fanny big and baggy. And then she can milk bed rest for weeks longer . Jamie your life is over. I’m quite sure Jamie has given up work now that they are stinking rich.

• Haha
Reactions: 27