Mrs Hinch #23 Still in the hospital bed, will we ever get to see her FaceTime head?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
MH reminds me so much of Zoe Sugg (Zoella), both are little GleamBots, have released a ghost written book, love to play the innocent naive normal girl who just has nooooo idea it was going to take off. As well as this they both prey on their very vulnerable and impressionable audiences (Zoe’s is literally kids and MH is SAHMs with a low income) and sell sell sell, they see them as pound signs before they see them as people.

Oh and they both love to whip out the old ‘anxiety’ card whenever they are caught in a lie or a duck up. Just some food for thought.
And look how quickly Zoella crashed and burned! And while she’s still about, she has more negative publicity. People saw through her after the advent calendar stuff. With any luck, that’s imminent with the grinch!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
"Hello people"

Jamie acknowledging us as humans and not just "shoppers" now eh?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Exactly! We may aswell take over from gleam, we’d do a better job 😂

And she did 🤦🏽‍♀️

I dunno why but I feel extra disgusted with her since she came out of hospital.
Greedy little witch
I think we all knew the baby crap plugging would be imminent. I think it's the sheer volume of ads shes done in such little time, shes obviously catching up for lost time but jesus, shes not even trying to make it look natural anymore.

Reactions: 22
tl;dr version: I've been on the receiving end of piles and piles of freebies and gifts and it's honestly not all its cracked up to be, and yes labeling gets hopelessly screwed up. It's a nightmare.

Long response:

Hi all, I've been lurking a while. I just wanted to pop in with some experience I have with this. Probably no one will read this, and maybe it doesn't apply to the Hinch situation at all, I don't know, but here you go.

I had a very popular infertility blog back in the early aughts, and after I finally got pregnant with my son, I had blog readers sending me all kinds of things. It was incredibly overwhelming, and I didn't have a management team or anything, since sponsored blogs and 'influencers' weren't a thing yet. We had a post office box we shared for public use, while keeping our home address private. The post office box got so backed up, they were calling us to pick up huge bags of parcels. Meanwhile, I was sick with hyperemesis gravidarium (throwing up twenty times a day, on IVs and a picc line for nourishment), my cervix stitched, and on bedrest.

When I tried to go through the gifts and post pictures and thank-you messages, links to people's shops, etc, I got a surge of hate in my email box about how spoiled I was, and how gross it was to get all these gifts when surely, as a popular blogger, I must have income pouring in from my blog ads.

It felt like a damned if I do, damned if I don't situation, and honestly, some of the stuff was really awful. Loads was mislabeled, some had no identification at all (might have been the post office mistake in handling? I know sometimes my husband screwed things up when he was opening boxes and parcels and trying to organize things for me... if someone had shipped me something directly from the store, he didn't always realize he needed to keep the packing slip with the gift so I could see who sent it, or read the gift message or whatever.) If people were handing her gifts at book signings, it would be very easy to lose the card, as they probably weren't prepared to go home with piles of presents. I know she's marketing savvy but the book scene is still new for her.

On top of it all, loads of it was from people just trying to get free advertisement for their shops. A ton of it was stuff I couldn't even use. I cloth diapered (my son was allergic to disposables) and breastfed (lucky me) and so I donated the disposable diapers and wipes to shelters and got hate for that because I was ungrateful and/or snobbish. Donated bottles and pacifiers/dummies because my baby wouldn't take anything but me, and got called selfish and cruel for shaming moms who use those things, even though I never shamed anyone and was really careful to make sure my wording was inclusive and accepting of all moms. I received clothes for the wrong gender (kept those in case I ever had a girl, and finally donated them with tears in my eyes 15 years later), received clothes that were too small to use (my baby weighed over 10 pounds because of my gestational diabetes), or just clothes we couldn't use because the fabrics irritated my son's skin.

I had folks who had sent me stuff feel like they deserved a shout out or a thank you, and then when they didn't get it, unfollowed and blocked me, and even went to snark sites to complain about me. It was hard to ignore the hurt/upset people because I could understand why they felt sad. They truly wanted to send me something nice, which omg, so incredible, right? But I also struggled with how much I should post. The sheer amount of gifts was off-putting to readers. It felt like such an impossible, bizarre, surreal position to be in. I still don't know how I should have handled it, except to maybe have asked that people make a donation to a charity or Hyperemesis foundation in my name or something if they really wanted to do something for me? I wonder if that would have worked. Or to somehow keep my location/PO box private. I don't know.

Sigh. I don't know if any of this relates to Hinch, but to put things in perspective, my blog was getting around 180K in traffic every month. By no means huge compared to today's influencers, but the gifts were impossible to manage. There was no social media yet. I received hundreds of comments on each post, and hundreds of emails every day. Companies of all kinds were contacting me for sponsorships every single day. It was insane.

Anyway, I ran Hinch's instagram through our company audit system (we check influencer's ratios for potential sponsorships... I work for a vacation/cruise clothing company) and her 2M followers comes back as 83% legit, which is actually really good. That doesn't scream paid followers at all, though the system isn't perfect. I ran my small, personal instagram through to see how it compared. My instagram is private, for family and friends only and so I know for a fact everyone on there is legit, and I got an 85% result. I think it docs followers who don't have a profile picture or any posts of their own... so people like my grandma, great aunts, etc. who are only on instagram to follow family count as spam or fake. Anyway, so let's say Hinch has 80% real followers. That's still something like 1.6 million followers. Even if a relatively small percentage of that number sent her gifts, I can't imagine how impossible it might be to manage/juggle. I also know of no influencer whose representation company helps with any of this. They'll coordinate the sponsorships, but they certainly aren't sending anyone over to help juggle gifts from readers... or even the packages sent by paid sponsors. Maybe the UK is different, but I'd be completely shocked if she had any help outside friends/family with the gifts coming in unless she's hired assistants, which is something she should consider if she hasn't already.

I'm so full of cringe over the tommy bottle sterilizer or whatever. She says it's highly rated, but I read poor reviews and the risk of bacteria and infection, and it just seems insane. No one needs a $200 sterilizer to make a bottle, my god. It reminds me of some of the sponsorships I took on later (once the sponsored blog thing became big) thinking they were relevant or a good fit, and instead it was a pile of junk I was never going to use, but the company had paid, so I felt obligated. I ended up removing all sponsorship info from my blog altogether and only offered sidebar ads, and then eventually closed down my blog altogether because the whole monetization of it all took the fun out of the project. Anyway, no one here cares, instagram is a very different beast, I realize.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be a white knight for Hinch or anything. I'm very concerned about the chemicals she dumps down her drain and her lack of disclosure for ads and sponsorships (which is why I'm here). I just had some maybe unique experience with the gift thing and wanted to share.

All that said, I wish I could tell all fans not to send money or gifts to their favorite celebrities/personalities. There are other ways to be supportive that don't result in a PR nightmare.

This is too long, sorry, I'm hopped up on allergy medicine. I'll shut up.
I found this interesting, I can see why your blog was well read. 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Dunno bout anyone else... but i think her tattoo is bleeping horrible. Its one step away from a woman stamp (although I wouldn't be surprised to find out she has one of them too.) I think I preferred her when she was in hospital..... hinch, Soph, Gretal, take your ugly tattoo, kitten heels and fake face away to duck, your boring now daaaaaaaaalin (bleeping cringe at the way she says darling by the way)

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Dunno bout anyone else... but i think her tattoo is bleeping horrible. Its one step away from a woman stamp (although I wouldn't be surprised to find out she has one of them too.) I think I preferred her when she was in hospital..... hinch, Soph, Gretal, take your ugly tattoo, kitten heels and fake face away to duck, your boring now daaaaaaaaalin (bleeping cringe at the way she says darling by the way)
She mentioned it as being a cover up for her own name at one point didn’t she? Even more bleeping cringe the cretin. Thought it was just chavs that got their own name in case they were nicked and too smashed to find their ID so they can just point and slur ‘that’s me’

• Haha
She mentioned it as being a cover up for her own name at one point didn’t she? Even more bleeping cringe the cretin. Thought it was just chavs that got their own name in case they were nicked and too smashed to find their ID so they can just point and slur ‘that’s me’
I think someone many threads back found out she and an ex tattooed each others names? Can't ruin the fairy tale of her and Jamie by mentioning an ex, so look stupid and say it's your own name instead

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I think someone many threads back found out she and an ex tattooed each others names? Can't ruin the fairy tale of her and Jamie by mentioning an ex, so look stupid and say it's your own name instead
What an embarrassment. Even with the ex story it was probably a tit quote like “after every storm comes a rainbow” to remind her in her selling days if she had a bad week she’d be back in the game soon enough

• Haha
Reactions: 15
So she buys off an ‘ebayer’ and then frantically organises a deal with them for swipe ups? Or she’s gifted it beforehand wi5h the agreement about swipe ups? So many machinations. I’m really enjoying not listening to her voice anymore.

Reactions: 6
So she buys off an ‘ebayer’ and then frantically organises a deal with them for swipe ups? Or she’s gifted it beforehand with the agreement about swipe ups? So many machinations. I’m really enjoying not listening to her voice anymore, or looking at the Gretel car crash.

Reactions: 2
So she buys off an ‘ebayer’ and then frantically organises a deal with them for swipe ups? Or she’s gifted it beforehand wi5h the agreement about swipe ups? So many machinations. I’m really enjoying not listening to her voice anymore.
She is an ebay affiliate - any of her swipe ups contain her code so she makes the £

Reactions: 5
Like I've said before, I can understand to some extent the cleaning craze and people jumping on the popularity bandwagon, wanting to belong to some cleaning 'club', everyone has to clean, even my 20yr old student daughter who introduced me to the Grinch's insta. What I can't understand is which demographic she's selling the baby stuff to and how that will please her existing followers? Surely there must only be a small percentage that is interested in baby stuff? If you discount the under 20s like my daughter and the grumpy old women like me and the women that already have kids and know all this anyway, there's not many left?

Countless times I’ve noticed that stupid little laugh with the...I brought or I paid.....NO Soph, you didn’t pay, you we’re gifted and then told to add swipe ups to sell to gullible people. Tonight again she did it with the candles, you can almost guarantee the laugh was when she turned to Jamie and winked off camera, here we go, start planning what we are gonna spend the money on we are ripping off our ‘people’ 😂🤣

Attachments

Reactions: 4
WHY THE HELL ARE PEOPLE SENDING HER GIFTS ANYWAY ? I find that really weird . I personally wouldn’t send someone clearly with lots of money , who gets gifted crap all the time a gift . I’d rather gift something to someone who genuinely really needs it ! It’s madness
It’s an obvious sales technique. 2 mil plus people would of seen these stories = free advertising
However I do agree with what your saying, I don’t know why she doesn’t donate them to charities, she clearly doesn’t need them!!
Her whole page is now being controlled by gleam so it’s all just gonna be ad after ad , or in her case , #gifted.
She VERY rarely discloses #ad like she’s supposed too, it’s sly

Reactions: 7
You can imagine that she gets gifted some absolute tit from her army who want to send their best friend something nice, (their taste not hers). Of course there will be loads of baby things they send because they feel they know her but will never be seen anywhere near the baby🤢 She probably had a good laugh as she chucks them in the bin at how disgusting they are. I will never understand why people send gifts to celebs or royalty, you don’t know them and it’s probably intercepted and discarded or donated without them ever seeing it. Sophie has made everyone think she is their friend and even calls them ‘her’ Hinchers, she knows she has total control over them, little do they know the real contempt she has for them.

Reactions: 13
When she put on her story about the prep machine ‘ooh another filter to clean’ no you twit you don’t clean the filter you buy a new one when that filter stops working every 3 months other wise it’s not sterile 🤦🏻‍♀️ Also there may have been ‘hinchers’ who followed her for the cleaning that might not be able to have children and now it’s constantly in their faces ‘oooh I’m having a baby and I’m getting all this free stuff’ etc, I just find some of her posts insulting, she should think about the audience who’s watching her as I’m sure out of that 2.4mil there’s someone who’s desperate for a baby and can’t have one and having it all rubbed their face when they initially only followed her for the cleaning, so she needs to lay off on this baby tit
10000% agree I am unable to have children and it is heart breaking it feels like it is being rubbed in my face obviously feel happy as it is such a blessing I just feel it has gone to far

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.