Mrs Hinch #23 Still in the hospital bed, will we ever get to see her FaceTime head?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After seeing that video I have no doubt she is far from naive. She's very competent and articulate..I'd say calculating. It's only a brief video but it said alot about her. She is also a bloody good actress...She certainly doesn't appear to lack confidence!

Reactions: 16
Sorry to be a pain but I'm struggling to find where to report her, and the million other influencers, who are constantly flouting the advertising rules.

I don't know what category it would come.under on the ASA Website.
It's easy. Take your screen shots. Google Advertising Standards. Click make a complaint and follow the instructions. After the first complaint you make an account, then everything after that is simple. I've 60 screen shots just from MH, so will do some more tomorrow

I hope ASA gets her bleeping account shut down.
Well from what I've found she cant even delete what's shown without closing the account, so I hope so too!

She’s got a niece surely people aren’t dumb enough to think this whole “first time mum” thing is for real?

She’s very hands on with her niece ... raising children hasn’t changed that much in the last few years so why act so clueless?? It’s not a f*cking grenade your about to birth so why all these pointless gimmicks and gadgets. I actually find it so disturbing since she’s come out of hospital how much she has been plugging all of these baby bits.

“All in this together”... behave!
I said exactly that yesterday. She blames everything on the ' we're learning as we go' bullshit. She knows damn well what shes doing. Yeh, its daunting and not quite the same when it's your own, but shes far from thick.
That story was nothing more than an AD disguised as her being a naive first time mum.
That is one of the things the ASA have been notified about. It was a blatant AD, you could tell how she spoke and what she was doing. The bit where she passed Jamie the bottle with the name blatantly shown to the camera was laughable!! She needs putting in place and quick!
I'm genuinely worried for other first time mums who follow her that will buy this tit as well as everything else she shows and get into serious debt.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Her stories today have irritated me no end! All this gifted stuff that she could quite easily afford to buy herself and could do an amazing giveaway for her fans! That new model Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep machine is £130 which everyone will rush out to buy even though the older model is now on half price sale, just because she has it, and the other Tommee Tippee set is an eye-watering £160 (albeit on offer at the moment in a lot of places). That's nearly £300 worth of kit she's just been handed and god know's what kind of dough she's going to make off the back of showing/advertising it. All those clothes too! It's just so unnecessary and wasteful! Baby will have outgrown lots of it before he even gets the chance to wear it. That was certainly the case with my daughter. I kept labels in and anything she outgrew, I would either exchange for a bigger size or give to someone else who needed it.
I'm not even going to get involved in the breast/formula debate. I have my views but I stand by the fact, that a FED baby, is a happy baby. Either way, there is money to be made. Formula feeding - bottles and all the different types, teats, associated dummy with certain teats, cleaning and sterilising products, muslins, bottle accessories (handles, labels etc), 'on the go' products and with Breast Feeding - again cleaning/sterilising products, all the different types of pumps, nipple creams, nipple pads, feeding cushions, breast milk storage options - she could even go now the lingerie or breastfeeding tops line which would be £££!
I was surprised at first that she showed off that particular baby bouncer (as lovely as it is) but then I realised it's a subliminal appeal to a company to #gift her an upgrade to a Mamaroo rocker (or similar)!!
Yep she defo wants a mamaroo 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 7
WHY THE HELL ARE PEOPLE SENDING HER GIFTS ANYWAY ? I find that really weird . I personally wouldn’t send someone clearly with lots of money , who gets gifted crap all the time a gift . I’d rather gift something to someone who genuinely really needs it ! It’s madness
I know I couldn’t agree more. I find it really obscure that people take their time to send gifts to a woman who is making money out
Of them in the first place. Some people are so dum

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Is it normal to disinfect your whole floor? Zoflora is disinfectant so why is he using it all over the floor? Surely you'd use a floor cleaner/soap and water, and then spot disinfect as and when necessary?

I wrote this then started second guessing myself and wondering if I should be disinfecting the floor periodically [emoji23]

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Is it normal to disinfect your whole floor? Zoflora is disinfectant so why is he using it all over the floor? Surely you'd use a floor cleaner/soap and water, and then spot disinfect as and when necessary?

I wrote this then started second guessing myself and wondering if I should be disinfecting the floor periodically
I don’t think I’ve ever disinfected my floor lol

Reactions: 8

I wrote this then started second guessing myself and wondering if I should be disinfecting the floor periodically [emoji23]
I don’t routinely disinfect mine, only when the kids have spilled something out of the potty or I’ve dropped raw meat on the floor, and then it’s only that area not the whole room.

Reactions: 9
She doesn’t want to, the meds she is on are crossing the placenta now and going to baby, in the breastmilk would be even less. There just is no money to be made in breastfeeding, breast pads are cheap.
I disagree. With her marketing mind I think there is a lot to be made. As I said in my previous post - different brands of nipple creams, nipple pads, nipple shields, natural methods, products and methods to naturally increase milk supply, feeding cushions and supports, muslins/covers, hand pumps, electric pumps, breast milk storage options, bottles and accessories to go with expressed milk, feeding lingerie and feeding top/dresses (lots of modern/fashionable brands on Instagram trying to get their products out there) etc. She could make it ‘glamorous’ and more attractive to her followers. Again, I stand by a fed baby is a happy baby, but it can never hurt to encourage more people to give BFing a go.

Reactions: 12

In a word.. no.

There's no need. Hot soapy water will clean it fine and remove germs. We dont disinfect our plates or pots and pans and cutlery, we just wash them then use again. If it's good enough for them, then it's good enough for the floor. Once clean you can go over with a disinfectant if you want. Anything containing surfactant (soap) will do the job... and it's safe to use around children and pets, plus cheap and not full of chemicals

Reactions: 10
Her story with the battery operated candles... “moving away from real candles before baby gets here because having them balance there won’t work” Maybe she will see the fake candle light? Or read more on here and take on more suggestions.

The poor mite will sleep in her bedroom for the first 6 months I hope (its recommended to protect against sudden infant death syndrome) Our bedroom is way smaller than hers and we fit in a bedside crib quite easily.

Shes probably waiting for chicco to gift her a next2me crib
I’m sure there was a cosleeping crib in their lock up that looked like a mothercare stockroom

I disagree. With her marketing mind I think there is a lot to be made. As I said in my previous post - different brands of nipple creams, nipple pads, nipple shields, natural methods, products and methods to naturally increase milk supply, feeding cushions and supports, muslins/covers, hand pumps, electric pumps, breast milk storage options, bottles and accessories to go with expressed milk, feeding lingerie and feeding top/dresses (lots of modern/fashionable brands on Instagram trying to get their products out there) etc. She could make it ‘glamorous’ and more attractive to her followers. Again, I stand by a fed baby is a happy baby, but it can never hurt to encourage more people to give BFing a go.
Sure, but Tommee Tippee beat them to Gleam with contracts.

I couldn't so would of said can't.
Sick of the breastfeeding discussion. I didn't want to. I was pregnant with an eating disorder, haven't looked at myself naked for over 20 years, can't get my tit out. My kids are fine adults. So shoot me. She's a twit, nothing to do with breastfeeding/bottle feeding, she's just a twit for ripping off the demographic she shamelessly targets.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I don’t for a second believe the notes and letters have come away from the gifts. Nobody would have delivered just an unboxed gift, so chances are hun open the box and the letter will be there and then you can not tag the person for fear of attention being taken away from you. Or maybe, if you spent 1 day a week opening them rather than spending an hour in B&M admiring your own face on a cardboard cutout, you might find the letters don’t go missing because they’ve not been lost on the journey from the lock up.

Few suggestions for your next tattle check up. ATB x
tl;dr version: I've been on the receiving end of piles and piles of freebies and gifts and it's honestly not all its cracked up to be, and yes labeling gets hopelessly screwed up. It's a nightmare.

Long response:

Hi all, I've been lurking a while. I just wanted to pop in with some experience I have with this. Probably no one will read this, and maybe it doesn't apply to the Hinch situation at all, I don't know, but here you go.

I had a very popular infertility blog back in the early aughts, and after I finally got pregnant with my son, I had blog readers sending me all kinds of things. It was incredibly overwhelming, and I didn't have a management team or anything, since sponsored blogs and 'influencers' weren't a thing yet. We had a post office box we shared for public use, while keeping our home address private. The post office box got so backed up, they were calling us to pick up huge bags of parcels. Meanwhile, I was sick with hyperemesis gravidarium (throwing up twenty times a day, on IVs and a picc line for nourishment), my cervix stitched, and on bedrest.

When I tried to go through the gifts and post pictures and thank-you messages, links to people's shops, etc, I got a surge of hate in my email box about how spoiled I was, and how gross it was to get all these gifts when surely, as a popular blogger, I must have income pouring in from my blog ads.

It felt like a damned if I do, damned if I don't situation, and honestly, some of the stuff was really awful. Loads was mislabeled, some had no identification at all (might have been the post office mistake in handling? I know sometimes my husband screwed things up when he was opening boxes and parcels and trying to organize things for me... if someone had shipped me something directly from the store, he didn't always realize he needed to keep the packing slip with the gift so I could see who sent it, or read the gift message or whatever.) If people were handing her gifts at book signings, it would be very easy to lose the card, as they probably weren't prepared to go home with piles of presents. I know she's marketing savvy but the book scene is still new for her.

On top of it all, loads of it was from people just trying to get free advertisement for their shops. A ton of it was stuff I couldn't even use. I cloth diapered (my son was allergic to disposables) and breastfed (lucky me) and so I donated the disposable diapers and wipes to shelters and got hate for that because I was ungrateful and/or snobbish. Donated bottles and pacifiers/dummies because my baby wouldn't take anything but me, and got called selfish and cruel for shaming moms who use those things, even though I never shamed anyone and was really careful to make sure my wording was inclusive and accepting of all moms. I received clothes for the wrong gender (kept those in case I ever had a girl, and finally donated them with tears in my eyes 15 years later), received clothes that were too small to use (my baby weighed over 10 pounds because of my gestational diabetes), or just clothes we couldn't use because the fabrics irritated my son's skin.

I had folks who had sent me stuff feel like they deserved a shout out or a thank you, and then when they didn't get it, unfollowed and blocked me, and even went to snark sites to complain about me. It was hard to ignore the hurt/upset people because I could understand why they felt sad. They truly wanted to send me something nice, which omg, so incredible, right? But I also struggled with how much I should post. The sheer amount of gifts was off-putting to readers. It felt like such an impossible, bizarre, surreal position to be in. I still don't know how I should have handled it, except to maybe have asked that people make a donation to a charity or Hyperemesis foundation in my name or something if they really wanted to do something for me? I wonder if that would have worked. Or to somehow keep my location/PO box private. I don't know.

Sigh. I don't know if any of this relates to Hinch, but to put things in perspective, my blog was getting around 180K in traffic every month. By no means huge compared to today's influencers, but the gifts were impossible to manage. There was no social media yet. I received hundreds of comments on each post, and hundreds of emails every day. Companies of all kinds were contacting me for sponsorships every single day. It was insane.

Anyway, I ran Hinch's instagram through our company audit system (we check influencer's ratios for potential sponsorships... I work for a vacation/cruise clothing company) and her 2M followers comes back as 83% legit, which is actually really good. That doesn't scream paid followers at all, though the system isn't perfect. I ran my small, personal instagram through to see how it compared. My instagram is private, for family and friends only and so I know for a fact everyone on there is legit, and I got an 85% result. I think it docs followers who don't have a profile picture or any posts of their own... so people like my grandma, great aunts, etc. who are only on instagram to follow family count as spam or fake. Anyway, so let's say Hinch has 80% real followers. That's still something like 1.6 million followers. Even if a relatively small percentage of that number sent her gifts, I can't imagine how impossible it might be to manage/juggle. I also know of no influencer whose representation company helps with any of this. They'll coordinate the sponsorships, but they certainly aren't sending anyone over to help juggle gifts from readers... or even the packages sent by paid sponsors. Maybe the UK is different, but I'd be completely shocked if she had any help outside friends/family with the gifts coming in unless she's hired assistants, which is something she should consider if she hasn't already.

I'm so full of cringe over the tommy bottle sterilizer or whatever. She says it's highly rated, but I read poor reviews and the risk of bacteria and infection, and it just seems insane. No one needs a $200 sterilizer to make a bottle, my god. It reminds me of some of the sponsorships I took on later (once the sponsored blog thing became big) thinking they were relevant or a good fit, and instead it was a pile of junk I was never going to use, but the company had paid, so I felt obligated. I ended up removing all sponsorship info from my blog altogether and only offered sidebar ads, and then eventually closed down my blog altogether because the whole monetization of it all took the fun out of the project. Anyway, no one here cares, instagram is a very different beast, I realize.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be a white knight for Hinch or anything. I'm very concerned about the chemicals she dumps down her drain and her lack of disclosure for ads and sponsorships (which is why I'm here). I just had some maybe unique experience with the gift thing and wanted to share.

All that said, I wish I could tell all fans not to send money or gifts to their favorite celebrities/personalities. There are other ways to be supportive that don't result in a PR nightmare.

This is too long, sorry, I'm hopped up on allergy medicine. I'll shut up.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
No need to tell us the light up heart is available at a price - we know it ALL is 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She got so much stick for ignoring the fan gifts she received weeks ago and up until yesterday were still unopened that opening them now is meaningless, smacks of PR damage limitation. We all know left to her own devices she still wouldn't be opening them. I'd have opened them the next day, my thank you notes would've been written and sent that week. It's not hard when home all day! It's just being polite and grateful.

Don't forget this is the woman who does nothing for her fans but take. No give aways for hitting 1 m or 2 m, just more and more Ads.

Her lame excuse that the cards have come away from the gifts, not only makes zero sense, but means she doesn't have to thank anyone.

And no, she's not doing her best. She's doing the absolute minimum she can possibly get away with.
Yes!! I forgot to add that her way of giving back to her ‘Hinch army’ is by setting up deals with companies for limited edition items that ‘Hinchers’ will have to buy!

‘So guys I’ve got a little treat for you all just to say thanks. Swipe up to buy your very own 3 pack of limited edition Minkeh’s. One is grey! If you know you know. ATB.’
This. 👏 "Here's the swipe-up for my last eBay barg!" Like she thinks it's the biggest thank-you to her Hinchers to provide the links for cheap tat that she's purchased.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
MH reminds me so much of Zoe Sugg (Zoella), both are little GleamBots, have released a ghost written book, love to play the innocent naive normal girl who just has nooooo idea it was going to take off. As well as this they both prey on their very vulnerable and impressionable audiences (Zoe’s is literally kids and MH is SAHMs with a low income) and sell sell sell, they see them as pound signs before they see them as people.

Oh and they both love to whip out the old ‘anxiety’ card whenever they are caught in a lie or a duck up. Just some food for thought.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.