Mrs Hinch #143 blended patties, getting a book? Mum of the Year? Then off you can duck!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sure that’s the reason. Midwife’s also don’t tell you which milk is better they let you pick which one if choosing to bottle feed as they say they aren’t aloud to sway you on brands but only ones in hospital (the one I gave birth in) are cow and gate or sma if you want any others have to bring them in. I choose cow and gate as breast feeding wasn’t for me but I don’t mind other people breastfeeding
Felt like there was a serious lack of support for people who can’t breastfeed! If you ask advice it’s always “we only advocate breastfeeding”, I felt very alone tbh.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
I’m not a mum yet...trying to be! But I don’t get why they can’t advertise new born milk?
Feel like I’m getting an education in how not to be a mum by watching Hinch and reading this thread! I watch her and she even makes me feel pressurised and I’m not even pregnant yet! But I do feel like she’s creating the most unrealistic view of being a mum!
In the UK we are able to make formula up with clean sterile water but in other countries they cannot. Formula companies used to dress their sales people up as nurses and pay doctors to promote formula, it killed a lot of babies in developing countries. This is why the WHO put out international regulations about advertising.

The reason we adopted it too is because it is absolutely undeniable that breastfeeding (or exclusively pumping and bottle feeding your breastmilk) is best for your baby. There is absolutely no comparison between breastmilk and formula, when companies say closest to breastmilk they mean compared to other formula brands, it’s still like comparing water to champagne. If companies were allowed to advertise the (already low) rate of breastfeeding would plummet as they would throw so much of their budget at their advertising campaigns that the NHS/baby friendly initiative just don’t have and couldn’t compete.

Having said all that there is absolutely nothing wrong with choosing to formula feed and you should never feel pressured either way by friends, midwives or formula companies, feed your baby how you want to.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
the one Stacy uses or grinch? I could do with some, no matter what time I go to sleep I always end up awake until the early hours 🙄
Me too, I’m suffering bad insomnia with stress,
No vanishing hands have been involved in taking this picture, just command stripes on the his back 😂
I was looking for a stand like Stacey has to display the clothes on, I genuinely looked for a pole 😆 he’s going to be an early walker can’t wait to see him running about!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m not a mum yet...trying to be! But I don’t get why they can’t advertise new born milk?
Feel like I’m getting an education in how not to be a mum by watching Hinch and reading this thread! I watch her and she even makes me feel pressurised and I’m not even pregnant yet! But I do feel like she’s creating the most unrealistic view of being a mum!
Sorry for the essay! That post will probably be banned for being too political 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 5
There's really no need for all the products she uses when cleaning. She used both Fabulosa and Zoflora in her kitchen alone, id have a constant headache with all the stuff she uses! And poor Ronnie having to breathe it all in.
She doesnt really do cleaning anymore does she? All she does is shine her sink and clean her toilet, she has no content at all! How are her followers not bored of it?

Reactions: 15
Just noticing something, she says she uses the formula to make the breakfast pat patty things - so good that her and Jamie finish them off- I used that formula for my baby and the smell 😳 the thought of eating anything with it in would be anything but delicious 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Pretty sure I saw a comment on here yesterday asking why she doesn't use this spray anymore and as if by magic she's using it today 💁‍♀️
Ohhhh and do your remember those pine shhhhtrips she used to love?? Not seen them in a long time.... que today’s home bargains trip 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Felt like there was a serious lack of support for people who can’t breastfeed! If you ask advice it’s always “we only advocate breastfeeding”, I felt very alone tbh.
How old is your baby? A few years ago midwives gave no support to bottle feeding mums because they were worried they’d get told off and seen as promoting formula (which is against the law) but now I think it’s much better and bottlefeeding mums are given more support. That doesn’t help you, I’m sorry you weren’t helped.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Mrs Hinch reminds me of one those ladies you meet at play groups. They make out their baby is doing this, that and the other, when it’s really just a facade. With such a huge audience she should be showing how Ronnie is truly developing so Mother’s are not thinking “Ronnie’s able to stand, so why isn’t my baby” As a first time Mother myself I sometimes find myself comparing my daughter to other babies who are a similar age however as I’ve worked in childcare for almost 10 years I feel I may be more relaxed than some might be. I’ve said before I don’t think think there is anything wrong with Ronnie he’s just a late starter. Sophie just needs to start being more honest about it all.

Reactions: 21
Shes getting worse daily with jumping through hoops for tattle. It’s actually peeing me off how blatant she is but thinks she’s clever. Ronnie is so cute bless him but seeing him used as a performing animal like the dog is so sad he’s an innocent little boy 😔 he doesn’t need to be forced to perform for the gram to make mummmazzz money 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I really hope she does bring out a baby book. I think it will be her downfall. The new mum target audience will be a lot less forgiving than her barmy army of wannabe cleaners. She can't do stuff like feed her child low fat soft cheese and promote unsafe sleeping and not expect some backlash.

Reactions: 19
It's such a shame that when Ronnie is awake she can't sit and spend the time with him like she does with that bleeping dog!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I’m sure that’s the reason. Midwife’s also don’t tell you which milk is better they let you pick which one if choosing to bottle feed as they say they aren’t aloud to sway you on brands but only ones in hospital (the one I gave birth in) are cow and gate or sma if you want any others have to bring them in. I choose cow and gate as breast feeding wasn’t for me but I don’t mind other people breastfeeding
I think it’s hard to give the right advice about which brand to use as there’s so many even within each brand, and budgets and what different people would class as important components differs so much.
I was lucky that breastfeeding was easy for us but if I’d used formula in all honesty I probably would have just chosen the cheapest brand and gone from there.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.