Mr Brightside is our generations Slosh - Discuss

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw 'young people' saying how they need to get Mr Brightside banned when clubs re open and realised it's an 'old' mum and dad song 😭

It's like when the slosh would come on and my mum and aunties would all get excited a rush to the dance floor. Now that's me.

DJ - and here's a classic for you
"coming out of my cage..."
Me - Ahhh leaps from seat and bounces to the dance floor
Young people - o god there they go *eye roll*
Me - "Come on join us - now this is music !"
Young people - Christ everytime. "I just need to pop to the loo"

• Haha
Reactions: 12
How the duck is it a mum and dad song? It came out in 2004! I know parents are getting younger but Christ.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I love it! I love The Killers going to see them live twice next year and can’t wait πŸ˜„ Mr Brightside has the record for being in the uk top 100 charts for the longest non-consecutive weeks 268 weeks (5years)

Reactions: 5
How the duck is it a mum and dad song? It came out in 2004! I know parents are getting younger but Christ.
I'm a mum in my late 30s and this song was out when I was at Uni. 2004 was 17 years ago if you were born in the 80s that would be like listening to a song from the late 60s early 70s in a club when you were 17/18 - ie eww Ooold

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I mean the point is it's obviously a TUNE but the kids of today are embarrassed for us / by us dancing to it πŸ‘ and I actually think I'm ok with that πŸ˜‚

Reactions: 1
I’m a nan and I love it and I have seen them , sorry kids 🀣

Reactions: 6
What is the slosh
Played at every wedding since the dawn of time. The song is actually called beautiful day but every woman over the age of 50 know the slosh dance that goes along with it πŸ‘ (someone doing it while watching the person beside them to see how to do moves is mandatory)

It's got nothing on

😜🀣

Last edited:
I've never heard of the slosh either but that dance, at least put a little effort or energy into it :ROFLMAO:
The killers are hot, I'd find it more cringey if di di da di da was heard and then some quacking ducks and we all started doing Saturday night. Now thats embarrassing. But the killers :cool:🀟

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Never heard of the Slosh either. Is it a regional thing maybe?

Mr Brightside is everything. It's in the Godlike tier with Don't Look Back in Anger. At my sisters wedding it was those two tunes that united absolutely everybody of all ages.

Reactions: 2
Played at every wedding since the dawn of time. The song is actually called beautiful day but every woman over the age of 50 know the slosh dance that goes along with it πŸ‘ (someone doing it while watching the person beside them to see how to do moves is mandatory)

It's got nothing on

😜🀣
Have I been living under a rock because I’m 32 and have never heard that song being played πŸ˜‚ Let alone those slick dance movesπŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 4
That looks like line dancing to me. Really apathetic line dancers. Which in itself is unusual πŸ€”

Reactions: 1
Is the slosh a Scottish thing? Because it has been on at nearly every function I’ve been to (and I still can’t get the hang of the dance) πŸ˜‚

Reactions: 4
The slosh might be a Scottish thing πŸ€” What is a better mum song to 30-40 year olds? πŸ€”

But your not really supposed to like it or perhaps even know it that's meant to be the example of what we think is a 'mum' song and this is what Mr Brightside is to 'young people' today.

The fact that we feel like this is an iconic tune makes us all old.

If anyone has an 16-20 year old in your life ask them their opinion on Mr Brightside.

Never heard of the Slosh either. Is it a regional thing maybe?

Mr Brightside is everything. It's in the Godlike tier with Don't Look Back in Anger. At my sisters wedding it was those two tunes that united absolutely everybody of all ages.
Was it all ages or was it the 40 and 30 year olds ?? πŸ€”πŸ˜œ

Ok Rolling Stone magazine has this as 1 in their top 100 songs of the 2010s . Is this their Mr Brightside ? ( It's from 2016 though so might even be too old for the kids of today. )

Last edited: