Mr Brightside is our generations Slosh - Discuss

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Slosh is a Scottish thing (no I have no clue how to do it nor do I want to). I get the point, but I still do not consider Mr. Brightside that much of an oldie myself tbh. It’s an absolute anthem. 👀

Reactions: 1
The Slosh is a Scottish thing (no I have no clue how to do it nor do I want to). I get the point, but I still do not consider Mr. Brightside that much of an oldie myself tbh. It’s an absolute anthem. 👀
And this is how you know you are now old 😂

• Sad
Do you think the young ones pretend that they’re dancing ironically to Mr Brightside but really they love it, like when I dance to Kelly Marie feels like I’m in love (pew pew) 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Played at every wedding since the dawn of time. The song is actually called beautiful day but every woman over the age of 50 know the slosh dance that goes along with it 👍 (someone doing it while watching the person beside them to see how to do moves is mandatory)

It's got nothing on

😜🤣
I am over 50 I know neither song nor dance

Reactions: 2
Right 40th birthday ultimate floor filler playlist
Obviously we are going to play Mr Brightside twice, once near the middle and at the very end right after 500 miles by The Proclaimers.

What else
Crazy in Love - Beyonce

I thought they were wanting to ban it cause they’re “edgy” not because it’s past it’s sell by date 🤣 Jesus.

Never, ever heard of the slosh. It’s probably like us kids who grew up in the 90s being dragged up to dance to Karma Chameleon at family do’s.

Tbh I’ve had just about enough, what with the skinny jeans snub and now this 😒

Reactions: 5
My SIL is Irish and I've been to a few weddings there. This is DEFINITELY the floor filler at Irish events.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
This was the end of the night song when I was in uni and I have such great memories of dancing to it. I can't believe how fast time goes and now I'm considered old 😂

I was at a wedding in Saturday and when Mr Brightside came on it was bloody glorious!!!

The grooms younger brother, who is 17, however stood there looking at all us 30 somethings having a whale of a time with a look of utter confusion and disgust 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
We made a (really tit) dance routine for this song at school and even now 14 years later I still break out those moves when Mr Brightside comes on, it’s ingrained😅

Kids today will understand one day when one of their bangers gets rejected by the younger crowd.

I’m both confused by the title and the fact this song is 17 years old when it was only out 3 years ago right 😰

duck I feel old. I feel sloshy. Is sloshy a thing,
Is slosh a verb,
What the duck is slosh.

🎶 comin’ out of my cage, and I’ve been feeling like slosh... 🎶

🎶 Now I'm falling asleep
And she's calling a cab
While he's having a slosh
And she's taking a drag 🎶

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m Scottish and of a certain age but have never learned the moves to The Slosh. If I’m at a function I try to get in the middle so I can copy the lady in front of me. Can’t say I’ve ever seen a man sloshing!

Mr Brightside is a banger.

No idea what Slosh is, but I saw the Killers live in 2019 and when they played Mr Brightside it was bloody brilliant! The crowd went mental. Its a tune!

No idea what Slosh is, but I saw the Killers live in 2019 and when they played Mr Brightside it was bloody brilliant! The crowd went mental. Its a tune!
I saw them in 2017 then 2019, both times excellent. Gigs were bouncing all the way through.

I watched Glastonbury on the TV a few years ago and went mental in my living room when it came on. I would probably need to be stretchered out if I was there live. I did see them live at T in the Park in 2007 though but that's back when it was young and on trend.

OK so the Slosh is obviously a Scottish thing. What is a banger of the generation before us ? One that they always get up for but which is so over played ?

I bet half the people complaining about mr bright side would still get on the dance floor when it comes on after a few bevvy’s!