Mr Brightside is our generations Slosh - Discuss

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m both confused by the title and the fact this song is 17 years old when it was only out 3 years ago right 😰

duck I feel old. I feel sloshy. Is sloshy a thing,
Is slosh a verb,
What the duck is slosh.

🎶 comin’ out of my cage, and I’ve been feeling like slosh... 🎶

🎶 Now I'm falling asleep
And she's calling a cab
While he's having a slosh
And she's taking a drag 🎶
Side note I don't know if this is just a Scottish word as well then but Sloshed means drunk. Usually talking about a woman or someone posh 👍

I am 49 and have never heard of the Slosh. However I have never lived outside the M25 so anything north of Watford tends to have passed me by 😂😂

For me the absolute cringe song growing up that everyone bar me always danced to was Oops Upside Your Head. I remember going to 18th birthday parties where this was played and everyone sat on the floor, and in clubs too. What were people thinking, the floors in clubs are always filthy!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m late 20s so defo not old but I do find Mr Brightside pure cringe 😬 sorry! The slosh however is a bleeping CLASSIC and I won’t hear a word against it.

749D0F38-EDB5-4C27-AEB8-DE2A8BC8B856.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m late 20s so defo not old but I do find Mr Brightside pure cringe 😬 sorry! The slosh however is a bleeping CLASSIC and I won’t hear a word against it.

View attachment 588223
I cannae dae The Slosh, but I miss hearing Beautiful Sunday and watching all the oldies get up to it at family functions. It’s been too long. 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 3
How funny that the slosh is just a Scottish thing, I had no idea! I’m 27 and we were taught it at primary school 😂

Reactions: 4
I'm a mum in my late 30s and this song was out when I was at Uni. 2004 was 17 years ago if you were born in the 80s that would be like listening to a song from the late 60s early 70s in a club when you were 17/18 - ie eww Ooold
Thanks I hate it

Played at every wedding since the dawn of time. The song is actually called beautiful day but every woman over the age of 50 know the slosh dance that goes along with it 👍 (someone doing it while watching the person beside them to see how to do moves is mandatory)

It's got nothing on

😜🤣
Never heard of the slosh but we pretty much did that same dance at the youthie to Nutbush City Limits and Feels Like I'm In Love.

Last edited:
I am 49 and have never heard of the Slosh. However I have never lived outside the M25 so anything north of Watford tends to have passed me by 😂😂

For me the absolute cringe song growing up that everyone bar me always danced to was Oops Upside Your Head. I remember going to 18th birthday parties where this was played and everyone sat on the floor, and in clubs too. What were people thinking, the floors in clubs are always filthy!

I’m the same age opposite end of England and have never ever heard of the slosh, opps upside your head on the other hand , been there done that on dirty dance floors, it’s like rock the boat on Derry girls

plus The village people “YMCA “ gets people running from all directions

Reactions: 1
I am late 40s and not Scottish but I know of the slosh as my mum and Nan etc did it at parties (80s) Yes Oops upside your head was also always played then, along with all the ‘interactive’ cheesy songs such as Black Lace - Agadoo and Superman. I like Mr Brightside and yes it’s often played but probably the most universal song across my friendship group and clubs is Beyoncé - Crazy in Love.

Reactions: 2
I am late 40s and not Scottish but I know of the slosh as my mum and Nan etc did it at parties (80s) Yes Oops upside your head was also always played then, along with all the ‘interactive’ cheesy songs such as Black Lace - Agadoo and Superman. I like Mr Brightside and yes it’s often played but probably the most universal song across my friendship group and clubs is Beyoncé - Crazy in Love.
Agadoo and Superman you have just brought back memories of birthday parties and holidays when I was wee !

I am one of the Mr Brightside haters (late 20s) 😂
Shame! Shame ! 🤣

Don’t Stop Believing is another one that gets everyone dancing and singing. Sex On Fire is probably another one that everyone goes nuts over.

Reactions: 1
I was obsessed with the Killers in my mid teens but I got sick of Mr Brightside by about 2007. It's just SO overplayed and I associate it with the end of the night and drunken bores forming a circle to sway and jump out of rhythm while screeching along. See also:

- don't stop me now
- don't stop believing
- don't look back in anger

I’ve just remembered another one that was played to death in my local nightclub plus it would make anyone under the age of 30 shake their heads with disbelief , I can’t imagine why they thought it was a good idea!!

Music man

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Did not know the Slosh was a Scottish thing! I'm 30 and honestly don't remember a time where I didn't know the Slosh :ROFLMAO: The clip of them doing it on Still Game is one of the most iconic moments of Scottish TV!

Saw The Killers at TRNSMT in 2019 and I don't even have words to describe how insane the crowd went when Mr Brightside came on. I have an Instagram highlight saved from that day and when I watch it back it still gives me goosebumps!
I'm booked to see them next year now too (rescheduled from 2020).

• Heart
I was suppose to see The Killers last year, now going to be next.. I am 28 and CAN'T WAIT for Mr Brightside haha