Mother Pukka #3 I think we might be remarkable

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope that Polly is using Anna to her advantage to build on her career. She’s not a stupid woman and I think she could be doing this in order to get herself a platform to talk about important topics that she has life experience on such as raising severely disabled children. She is a very good interviewer.
---
anyone know what the stigma around blended families even is? because i am none the wiser…
Anna is confusing the stigma and criticism of moving on and not putting your children first / healing from divorce and having some time alone with the apparent stigma around blended families.

I don’t personally think there is much of a stigma around blended families but I think it is a bloody hard thing to navigate from my own personal experience, especially with dads and daughters (unsure if Olly has daughters or sons) but God help her if he does. The first few months / year of blending is the honeymoon period. Everything was perfect for me in this period, after that it all starts to fall apart which I think is very common. The step parents and blended families subreddits are an interesting read!

They won’t be able to navigate a new baby / blending families / mixing parenting styles unless they both ‘give up’ their current children which I suspect is already kind of happening (they both have a lot of free time to be dating, and falling pregnant this quick) so I wouldn’t be surprised if Matt & Ollys ex do the bulk of the parenting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Anna is adding to the stigma of blended families- jumping in too soon, putting the partner before the kids, having a baby quickly, etc… that woman could put her twisted spin on anything.

Reactions: 21
whaatttt I didn’t know divorce was the next big thing!

Saying that it’s quite telling that these influencers are now all getting divorced as their ‘fame’ dwindles… interesting

Reactions: 9
I know she’s helping someone out but it feels so cheeky to literally ask for something to be gifted (her latest story post).

Reactions: 8
Just had another look at her stories. The self-importance of her very un-unique experience of divorce and then getting pregnant helping break the stigma of blended families. Good grief. What is with these people? What stigma anyway?! I have never, ever considered a blended family as weird or odd or unusual!

Reactions: 19
I know she’s helping someone out but it feels so cheeky to literally ask for something to be gifted (her latest story post).
It’s crass. And lazy and miserly. She could actually put some skin in it by doing a gofund me fundraiser. But then, that’s effort.

Reactions: 7
The fact that they proposed to each other by saying 'if it wasn't for society's judgment, I would propose to you' tells me that they know it's too soon. That they know it's a car crash waiting to happen but they are caught up in the honeymoon bubble. Repent at leisure, guys.

Reactions: 19
Well it’s too bloody late for that now, she’s tied to him forever, even if they don’t make it down the aisle. Stupid stupid stupid people

Reactions: 6
I know I did think after I posted, some people aren't in the position to choose.

Reactions: 13
That whole “Look at the mountain. Focus on it. Take it all in” is how you generally try and initially manage someone who might be about to have a panic attack

Reactions: 24