Mother in law experiences? Share them! šŸ¤£

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mine has never sent me flowers! I've been with my husband 11 years during that time I've lost 3 grandparents, 2 babies (nearly dying myself once) got engaged, married, had 2 live babies and not once has she thought to do something as kind as send me some flowers. Sorry I know I sound like a witch for complaining but I've also made sure that when she lost her dad and father in law that we sent flowers.
Mine has only once, after my sons christeningā€¦ to apologise for getting drunk and almost dropping the baby on the floor.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Mine has only once, after my sons christeningā€¦ to apologise for getting drunk and almost dropping the baby on the floor.
The first MIL I had was a right old tartar as I have detailed before about her obsessions over her Little Sunbeam, however perhaps the WORST thing she ever did was when she was supposed to be looking after our two year old yet she let him wander off because she was so busy feeding her money into a fruit machine! . Even her Little Sunbeam was beside himself over it, we had people searching everwhere for our toddler who was found an hour later down at the local Rec where he had wandered off to and was watching older kids play football. Need I add that MIL was not given the opportunity to "babysit" ever again :(

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Mam mam is literally what a baby says when they are learning to say 'mummy'. Could this be why she's wanting to be called it? So she can say your baby said her name first?
I said the exact same to my partner but he shrugs it off.

Oh man. I would be very tempted to write ā€œgrand-mĆØreā€ (French for grandmother) but accidentally spell it ā€œgrand mareā€ šŸ“ and when she brings it up, just say pardonez my French.

Sorry she is a bit of a nightmare. Iā€™d do what @DCICassieStuart said.
I'm defo not writing that mam mam, I mean she never even asked if uts OK. Feel like writing GRANDMOTHER in massive letters.

It's "Maman" - Mummy in French
Why is she pretending to be French then or does she think its a bit more upmarket than "Granny"? My Grands call me Nana BTW :)
God knows, I just think she's doing it to wind me up and upset me. X

Reactions: 3
I said the exact same to my partner but he shrugs it off.

I'm defo not writing that mam mam, I mean she never even asked if uts OK. Feel like writing GRANDMOTHER in massive letters.

God knows, I just think she's doing it to wind me up and upset me. X
Your partner shouldn't be shrugging it off unless he's happy for his dad to be called da da instead of grandad.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ha this happens to us too. Not once has any of my exā€™s family come to our home to see the children. In fact when my ex comes to collect them he sits in the car tooting the horn until they go out šŸ˜³
Well thatā€™s just charming! Tooting the horn?!

Reactions: 1
New thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.