Model Gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went down a Sasha Pivovarova rabbit hole, and found a video that illustrates the conversation from earlier around model height. On Google, her height comes up as 5'9" (which probably means she's little more than 5'8"). Now, she is beautiful and perfect, but it's obvious here that she just doesn't have the height we're used to seeing on the runway.

This, of course, didn't stop her from having a long and illustrious career, but I think she counts as one of the exceptions.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I went down a Sasha Pivovarova rabbit hole, and found a video that illustrates the conversation from earlier around model height. On Google, her height comes up as 5'9" (which probably means she's little more than 5'8"). Now, she is beautiful and perfect, but it's obvious here that she just doesn't have the height we're used to seeing on the runway.

This, of course, didn't stop her from having a long and illustrious career, but I think she counts as one of the exceptions.
She looks A LOT shorter than I thought she would! Beautiful face though

It's kind of crazy how much difference two to three inches makes. She's very thin but looks almost commercial next to the girls that are 5'10 or above.

Reactions: 5
Seems like a lot of models are now moving to Instagram. I can see the advantage of working like that - less exposure to creeps and less pressure to have a figure like a teenage boy - I'm thinking of peope like Rocky Barnes (though again, she's only 5ft 7).

Reactions: 4
I can remember reading a few years back that Agyness Deyn had to lie low in a serious way after her divorce from Giovanni Ribisi.....good old Church of Scientology hounding her 😳

Speaking of the“doll faced” models of the 2000s...you don’t seem them so much, but I loved them, especially Gemma Ward who I thought was stunning. She really struggled after putting on a bit of weight despite being so popular. Felt so sorry for her having it discussed so publicly

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Any goss on Candice? Why did she break up with her long-term partner so soon after marriage? He was punching though.

Reactions: 2
I can remember reading a few years back that Agyness Deyn had to lie low in a serious way after her divorce from Giovanni Ribisi.....good old Church of Scientology hounding her 😳

Speaking of the“doll faced” models of the 2000s...you don’t seem them so much, but I loved them, especially Gemma Ward who I thought was stunning. She really struggled after putting on a bit of weight despite being so popular. Felt so sorry for her having it discussed so publicly
I agree, I always loved Gemma Ward. I really loved the doll-faced moment we had in the 2000s, a lot of them British too (not Gemma!) but they seemed to lose popularity as quickly as they gained it.

I think people following modelling really went mainstream with Instagram. Before then, if you weren’t into fashion, you only really could name the supers or models who got in the tabloids for who they were dating.

Any goss on Candice? Why did she break up with her long-term partner so soon after marriage? He was punching though.
I thought he was cheating on her multiple times, and particularly during her second pregnancy. And hence why they split months after she gave birth.

She could definitely do better than him! As you said, punching.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
About 20 years ago I was excited to go to a work event that Claudia Schiffer was at. She’s tall, well most people are to me, but nowhere near as stunning as I thought she would be, I was quite surprised at how plain she looked. For me Helena Christensen has always been the most stunning

• Heart
Reactions: 16
About 20 years ago I was excited to go to a work event that Claudia Schiffer was at. She’s tall, well most people are to me, but nowhere near as stunning as I thought she would be, I was quite surprised at how plain she looked. For me Helena Christensen has always been the most stunning
A lot models are actually really plain without make up and good lighting! If you check out some of those photos of models without makeup taken in front of a neutral background, it’s crazy how average or even kind of unattractive many of them look. I think there is a certain subset of features that photograph Well or looks really good with the right makeup, but isn’t actually attractive per se.

Reactions: 9
Completely agree. Of all the 90s supermodels, Helena Christensen was always the most beautiful for me too.
I always thought Claudia Schiffer was a bit Barbie doll looking.

I still think Kate Moss is amazing though. She'll always have that certain je ne sais quoi.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Completely agree. Of all the 90s supermodels, Helena Christensen was always the most beautiful for me too.

I still think Kate Moss is amazing though. She'll always have that certain je ne sais quoi.
Germany has some super beautiful women but I never got the hype of Claudia Schiffer or Heidi Klum. I’ve seen way better looking girls on the streets of Hamburg or Berlin!

Reactions: 7

I know if I met her in real life she would be stunning, with those eyes it would be hard not to be

Totally agree re. Claudia and Heidi.
I think Doutzen Kroes is so stunning, very commercial but so beautiful.
But Kate Moss is the most interesting.

Reactions: 8
Totally agree re. Claudia and Heidi.
I think Doutzen Kroes is so stunning, very commercial but so beautiful.
But Kate Moss is the most interesting.
Doutzen is the ideal German/Dutch model I would create in my head - love her as well, despite the commercial-ness of her look!

This comment is probably a bit controversial but I'm not a huge fan of any of the Dutch ladies that I can think of except for maybe Doutzen. I know there are a lot of Dutch models generally, but I just find most of them pretty, nice, and....so plain? Sanne Vloet embodies the nice, pretty, completely forgettable blonde that I think of when I think of Dutch models. I also find their faces way too rectangular and almost masculine-ish. Beautiful girls but seem almost a dime a dozen and really boring.

Reactions: 2
Lisa Cant, anyone remember her? She used to be the face of Juicy Couture and was one of the doll faced models? She’s originally Canadian but has pretty much left modelling to one side and moved to the Somerset/Wiltshire area.

• Heart
Never heard of Lisa Cant, but her face reminds me of Alexis Bledel from Gilmore Girls, though not in a good way... I think I was just never into the doll faced look.

Regarding pretty-but-forgettable Dutch models, most blonde commercial models look that way to me, despite being objectively beautiful (even--don't hate me!-- Doutzen). Personally, there needs to be something more special there--like Lara Stone for example.

Lisa Cant, anyone remember her? She used to be the face of Juicy Couture and was one of the doll faced models? She’s originally Canadian but has pretty much left modelling to one side and moved to the Somerset/Wiltshire area.
Yes, she did the Juicy Couture campaigns that Tim Walker shot, right? Very doll-faced. I think JC were still trying to get away from the velour tracksuit, Paris Hilton association!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.