Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
New thread suggestion (Can't get the Teletubbie jumpsuit out of my head)

Over the hills and far away, The OD's beg free gifts day after day...

Reactions: 22

GreyWolf

VIP Member
I know every birth is different and everyone should feel like they can celebrate theirs but as someone who had a very long, difficult and painful labour resulting in an emergency c section I always feel like a failure when someone talks about how quick and easy their birth was.

I guess that’s my issue though, as said people shouldn’t feel guilty for having easier births...just wish they didn’t make me feel so rubbish about my own.
If it’s any consolation I’ve had 2 such quick births at 1 I was alone despite ringing the bell repeatedly, and was left in shock and with terrible postnatal recovery due to the speed of delivery, trauma to bowels and lacking control for weeks to both bladder and bowel. All births are different and I’ve been very lucky overall, but just because a birth was fast doesn’t mean it’s all easy 😘

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

Doobots

Chatty Member
On another note, I am surprised Sly FoD goes in,a business trip with greying stubbly beard. He looks very ungroomed generally and a lot older than he is with the very grey beard. His jeans are very odd too, with the tight rolled up legs, they look very feminine to me.
I've worked with guys like FOD. That while aesthetic is to let you know he's aging but really still totally trendy and creative with the mindset of a young person. He's got a very middle aged graphic designer at an ad agency look to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I'm not friends with Clemmie and I've never met her, but I know people that are.

She's been telling them that she has managers and lawyer's constantly reading this thread and ready to shut it down. I've no idea if this is bravado or real.

Not that I think anyone has anything to worry about as tattle seems well run. I've seen others say this place doxxes addresses and children's schools, I've never seen that after months of reading here (mostly lurking!).

Clemmie also called you all sad for having so much time to chat here. Pretty ironic and wanted to share. 👋

• Haha

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
It really beggars belief, currently statutory maternity allowance is £145.18 per week, fluorescent pink jumpsuit is £139 plus another £4.95 for delivery, so thats £143.95, it alienates a large portion of the target audience on price alone, but, according to Clemmie, pointing that out is hurtful. Perhaps if DLAM was serious about this type of colab she could have partnered up with a lower price point company (although why this jumpsuit is more expensive than others in their range is unexplained!), Lucy&Yak sell their similar jumpsuits for between £54 and £80, even that's quite pricey. I did read a few of the comments on the post before it went poof, one suggested the fabric supplier is guilty of green-washing.

The whole thing just highlights how far removed from their demographic the OD's are now, Clemmie could have thought this through, understood not all her followers have that level of disposible income, by all means, support your friends vanity project, but throw the audience a bone, pre-empt the issues, maybe post some more affordable alternatives too, at least show you're mindful of the over inflated price instead of chucking your toys out the pram.

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
Tell me if I’m wrong but didn’t the ‘women supporting women’ tag line start from those Insta women at the top of the Insta gravy train, looking to draw in the impressionable and eager to please foot soldiers ready to spend the cash and be more like their idols?

It’s a terrible message to send out, ‘you must support her , she’s a woman’, ‘how dare you criticise , she’s a woman’.

As a person with a mind of my own , it’s my right to express disillusionment , irritation and not kiss the arses of greedy, materialistic adults regardless of whether or not they are female.

As for ; ‘If you’ve got nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all’.

It’s all about telling women to be quiet and stay in their place, these top tier IG women are verging on being misogynistic but it’s dressed up differently.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Katjak

If I wanted to support my friend's business venture, I'd buy the bloody thing - I wouldn't expect a freebie. How is taking all the freebies, telling women on stat mat pay to buy a £140 boiler suit, and then shutting them down when they say it's too expensive/not flattering "women supporting other women". It's not. It's super privileged, posh, rich, white women with rich husbands in million pound houses, who've probably never faced the daily financial struggles of most familes and who still get half their stuff for free exploiting other women's vulnerability and closing down debate.

There's been several Instamums with these #gifted jumpsuits appearing in my feed these past few weeks. Yet DLAM kept jumping in the comments on MOD's post to say the price was so high because they're manufactured in the UK and the mark-up was small. Here's an idea: you could reduce the price point even further if you didn't hand out so many freebies to your sycophantic mates! Now that really would be women helping other women...

• Heart

QuiteTheChin

FOD’s post made me feel quite sad. He’s like a kicked dog that is ridiculously grateful for any small ounce of kindness that she shows him. It’s nice to show gratitude but a gushing post about her “letting him” pursue his passion (for 48 hours) is quite telling imo about how little fun he is usually allowed.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20

Influencerdrainers

So sick of their faux environmentalism. Advertising the milk with a bloody milk holder bought from amazon. The key to saving the planet Clemmie is buying less. Less butt ugly dresses. Ripping out less perfectly good kitchens and bathrooms and replacing them with uglier ones. Just buy less. Or stop preaching about how much you care about waste. When we’re all living in a barren desert drinking our own pee, we’ll look back on people like you flogging crap we don’t need and wish we hadn’t all fallen for it.
Exactly this! Preaching about saving the planet when they are literally the epitome of consumerism and wastefulness and greed 🤨

judsmum

Chatty Member
Come to think of it when have they actually done anything for their followers? (Apart from the very beginning when I saw someone chosen for flowers in 2016). Have they ever offered any discount codes like mother of five boys or done any giveaways? It's all about them and always will be. Their children are fodder for all the pervs.
Oh come on, be fair! She did once sell all her second hand clothes to her sycophantic minion followers! And she does review her gifted holidays ‘for us’!

But no, she gives back fuck all. I don’t know what sort of hospital Kings is to be fair, but if it’s an NHS hospital like the one I gave birth in then she will have seen a fair few extremely underprivileged women give birth to babies who could only dream about having fresh milk delivered in a morning - how much better would she look if she pointed Milk & More in the direction of women like that? She’d be able to add virtue signalling to her list of talents at the very least!

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
  • Haha

CyanideKiss

Chatty Member
You know, it's been bugging me who Gimmie reminded me of with her new yellow, Lego hair and Richard III fringe. Then it came to me...........

Dougal1640x480.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

GreyWolf

VIP Member
0B58386F-58BD-4C47-84A6-34CB428B7513.jpeg

‘Our sole purpose is to protect our kids from potential harm’
You couldn’t make this up!!! From the man who sells his daughters and their privacy!!!

• Heart
  • Wow

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Actually you’re so right here. The “be nice” mantra always makes me think people are saying “be quiet and shut up”. No one ever tells men to be nice do they.
This, a million times this! It’s like ‘women support women’ I’m sorry I’m not going to blindly support someone based on their gender. Should we have supported Rose West? Myra Hindley? It makes my blood boil when I see people trot that line out.

• Heart

CyanideKiss

Chatty Member
Fortunately for you, Gimmie, the women who came before chose to not sulkily ignore things they deemed unjust or unpleasant. Instead they fought, campaigned and protested. This is why you were allowed to attend university, Gimmie. It's why you have the right to vote and drive a car. It's why you can have a bank account in your own name and why you can own property. It's why you have easy access to contraception and the right to terminations.

All because women didn't jog on and distract themselves with a #grifted slogan T-shirt and a pair of #grifted Grenson hiking boots.

• Heart

MrsMe

Looks like she has a new #gifted bed to go in the #gifted bedroom and with the #gifted floor and #gifted jumpsuit which hangs in the #gifted dressing room with the #gifted tiles in the bathroom with the #gifted fittings.
It would be easier to list the things in their house they aren’t trying to sell.

View attachment 52705
I hardly call bollocks a swear word and she obviously never swears. If she thinks the jumpsuit is brilliant value for money etc etc then stand by your convictions and leave the post up and I’m sorry but if you put yourself out there and sell, sell, sell constantly and it’s all about the freebies and money in the bank then yes people are going to have their say. She clearly wants no interaction with her followers as her DM comments are always off and if anyone dares to have a different view to her and her minions they’re blocked and the post removed. And now she’s giving the jumpsuit to someone who’s pregnant after it was suggested she should. She didn’t come to that decision in her own. Why not just do a giveaway from the start with it and says she’s been gifted it but as she’s not pregnant she has no use for it but no. She was going to wear it until she got called out for it and had an attack of the guilt. We also as women shouldn’t hold up other women just because they’re women. Not all women are nice and just to keep this equal not all men are nice either. Be nice, be kind, help others when you can, don’t sell your family life for money and you’ll probably have a happy life

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Elsass

Chatty Member
Not a regular poster on this thread, but arrrrrrgh there’s a billboard opposite my flat and Clemmie has made a lovely appearance on it, I feel like she’s watching me in my living room

• Haha
  • Sick

Lars Guinard

VIP Member
This, a million times this! It’s like ‘women support women’ I’m sorry I’m not going to blindly support someone based on their gender. Should we have supported Rose West? Myra Hindley? It makes my blood boil when I see people trot that line out.
I was recently told, as a WOC, it was my ‘duty’ to support ‘women of colour especially those who are mothers’.
No, I have no intention of supporting Shafilea Ahmed’s mother Farzana.
How about I support and champion decent people and step away from this nonsense!

• Heart