Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CyanideKiss

Chatty Member
I would agree that the actual, trained artists and designers living in and around Margate and Ramsgate roll their eyes at Clemmie's forays into interior design. The house was beautifully stylish, light and airy when they bought it. Now they're ripping it apart and concocting it into a cluster fuck of Insta-genic themed rooms.

"Girls" written into the floor of the Germolene pink bathroom - why not just write "Shit" instead? At least it's both descriptive and also informative of one of the room's functions.

This can then be followed through with having "Privacy Free Zone" written on the floor of the twins room, maybe "Pose, dammit" on Marnie's room floor and then "Freebie" scrawled on the kitchen, hall AND drawing room floor.

If Disney ever decided to create an InstaKingdom the OD's house would be centre fucking stage.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Only saw that midwife post this morning.....hahaha I'm a nurse and every single colleague of mine is desperate to get out of nursing and wouldn't encourage anyone to do it because of the stress. Midwifery is worse!
Made me laugh, because like everybody else has said when you work one shift a week any job would seem great. She's so unrelatable it's funny. Stop painting a fake picture Clemmie like it's all unicorns and rainbows when the reality is people are desperate to leave.
Again, really used to like FOD and MOD but they, especially her, get on my tits now.
They live in a massive house, which they are renovating all of it, I mean they're obviously loaded so why the mention of a cheap holiday (france). When most people are renovating they don't go on holiday because they can't afford it. She's always swanning off doing something or other, she never seems to be with her kids! Then Glastonbury tickets on top! They've got some serious money, so do us a favour clemmie and stop trying to pretend you live a normal life like the rest of us, I bet the rest of your colleagues struggle to pay their bills and they do actually work full time!

Pommes

Chatty Member
FOD’s post this evening, about his move to Ramsgate instead of Bristol, proves he is a fully-fledged Tattler. Hello FOD! 🤗

• Haha

Exhaustednurse

VIP Member
Today’s post was Clemmie’s usual forumula come on guys!

She’s just had a very expensive weekend away, she’s had to share some of her undeclared, gifted, AD renovation and now she posts a reminder to the fan girls that she is saint Clemmie the midwife

That’s how it works

• Haha

GreyWolf

VIP Member
I don’t think anyone actually wastes time being angry about these people. For me they certainly don’t really affect me at all, I enjoy tattle. It’s a few minutes here or there. When i was a little low with tiny baby, these influencers were very affecting and ‘all you need for a baby’ ‘fanny admin’ etc were very damaging. As an influencer you build up work/brand ‘collaboration’ by gaining an audience that trusts you and wants to listen to your opinion, to abuse that for your own financial gain is currently legal but makes you a bit of an asshole. I didn’t even realise they were being paid to influence us...
Don’t mistake the posts here as anger, they are just discussion. I certainly don’t expect others to feel the same about all influencers (clearly they won’t) but likewise I am allowed my opinion and don’t have to go ‘oh sorry, yes those Adidas trainers she’s mentioned 8 times and superga kiddies shoes, alongside the asos dress, are actually so lovely, silly me’ why would I do that?!
I also think it’s interesting how people have the particular influencers that they feel more strongly about, because they invested time in following, commenting and endorsing, without realising it was all just to line a pocket and not real. THAT is sad.

• Heart

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
So, let me get this right, a person who lives his and his whole family's life via instagram is schooling his audience on limiting screen time, and we're supposed to watch this advertising take place over the next week on his stories? Riiiiigggghhht. What a dimwit, lead by example plonker, and limit your own screentime.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

ThreeFourFive

He's definitely making well over 6 figures a year from infuencing, but trys to downplay it.
But they have to downplay it because they really, really can't afford to be honest with their followers. Erica Davies, for example, is clear about what/who she is - she is a former fashion editor turned instagrammer /influencer who uses her experience to run her business. That doesn't work for the Hoopers - they want to cut it both ways. St Clemmie is a selfless midwife and Simon is a hapless junior manager, both of them struggling (oh how we feel your struggle guys!) to do what no one has ever done before, namely raise 4 children. That is their usp, that is what makes them relatable - it's selling this lifestyle. They can't actually come out and say "OK, this week we are going to post well choreographed, rehearsed videos of our adorable little girls to make a shit load of money. This week I am going to share my exhausting working schedule as a midwife (cos I am passionate, I care) to fund my shady house deals. This week I am going to share my daughter's private correspondence, my daughter on a potty, my daughter on the naughty step and all because of the money. " See, honesty just isn't an option for them. So instead they are becoming ever more thin-skinned, brittle and passive aggressive. They don't engage, they block, they use their friends to silence dissent and they flaunt their wealth. They are so lost in their own entitlement that they feel validated by 1m followers - they must, by definition, be right. Well Donald Trump has 62m followers and he is a fine example of morality, honesty and engagement!

• Heart

Dicky Tum

Normally I am just a lurker but couldn't let the hilarious fact slide that Florence and the Machine at Hyde park is not actually sold out... just check out the website love, no need to go begging for tickets!

• Haha

Mummykins

What disturbs me is how Clemmie blatantly and callously uses her professional role as a midwife to prey on women when they are often so vulnerable. Because, hey, all midwives must be lovely, and genuine, and caring, and selfless, right? Right? (actually not necessarily, my midwife was so rude that she got a verbal caution from my consultant). Also, many new Mums become very emotionally attached to their midwifes for lots of reasons at a time when they are needy and vulnerable and very open to suggestion because they want to be the best Mum they can be, and want the best things for their baby.

And, in sidles St Clemmie with her shiny midwife badge and astonishingly large, toothy smile, insta-whispering in the ears of her vulnerable followers to buy this, wear that, admin your fanny, rock a £500 biker jacket, book a babymoon, buy this and this and this because THEN you will be just like me and I MUST be doing it right because I am a midwife.

It's morally wrong.

To add - it's a crying shame she can't do some supportive posts about how you can still be a phenomenal new Mum just wearing supermarket jeans and your partner's fleece. And that babies can be perfectly content in an IKEA cot. Or that normal midwives actually couldn't care less if you have fanny admin'd or not.

But, I guess she doesn't want freebies from George @ Asda or Ikea.?
Amen to that. And a normal dishwasher.

FUCK OFF CLEMMIE.

My mum was a health visitor. Very flawed, not a model “mama” in any way but would have found it abhorrent to push a DFL creative “Reno” lifestyle on her frankly poor and struggling caseload in Burnley and Rochdale.

Maybe I’m just too northern for all this shit but the self promotion and greed is against everything I stand for.

FUCK OFF FOD TOO.

I imagine they are an in-joke laughing stock Boden Tory lifestyle amongst the creative class of Ramz/ Margz.

What’s their point exactly apart from advertising Hunter boots to dimwits ?

Ps my mum is not dead just retired !

• Haha
  • Heart

GreyWolf

VIP Member
I related to the Clemmie who used to come in from work in the old house and story the dishes left in the sink and mopping the floor late at night because Simon had kept the kids alive but not cleared up. It felt real. Now she’s Mrs ‘oh I renovated my kitchen so I now have 2 dishwashers next to each other’ 2 twatting dishwashers? You only have 4 kids why on earth do you need 2 dishwashers?????

• Haha

HollyG

In true Clemmie style, she’s now taking the p*ss out of the people keeping her ‘brand’ afloat.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

Dillydilly

I find it amusing that so many of FOD’s loyal followers think he’s great parent and how they write of how much they admire him and aspire to parent like him.

How do they know he’s such a fantastic parent - he routinely prompts his children to act out various ridiculous scenarios - you can sometimes see the complete bafflement in their eyes. He seems to film a lot of his engagement with them rather than living in the moment. Who would think of getting their camera out while reading bedtime stories to their kids or trying to get them upstairs to bed or whatever. He’s filmed them in precarious situations while they are upset rather than removing them from potentially harmful situations, he often times films rather than comforting. He’s filmed a toddler lying down (think she was lying down) on a busy footpath several yards away from him. He’s filmed his children in swimming pool changing rooms, he posted details of an exchange of WHATSAPP messages with his older child. He films in the car while he’s driving with children rather concentrating on the road. He’s filmed a child covered by a plastic box while the other stood on top of the box, he’s filmed them climbing on the rails of cots, climbing on furniture that could topple over and so on and on. Last week he had a clip of a twin claiming she said ‘I ate a cock’ instead of apricot - just happened to have the phone out!

He seems to have absolutely no regard to the privacy of his children and it’s awful how he so blatantly milks their cuteness for profit.

Palm23

The dressing room just made me sad. It made me think of someone trapped as a prisoner in their own 'fairytale'. It reeks of 'look at this stuff, I must be happy'. But it all feels so hollow and empty.

Madbadsad

Yeah she was also reprimanded by the trust for an anti breastfeeding post or blog she did
A colleague of mine complained to the NMC about her writing a blog post being negative about breastfeeding. In it she said she didn't enjoy breastfeeding. A lot of women did take comfort from a midwife writing that, it was a popular post. However as a midwife you can't just spout your personal opinion. You are accountable for what you say. It has to be evidence based. Especially if you're publishing it online. I honestly don't understand how she has got away with all the things she's said over the years. Plus the old advertising issue. Our code of conduct says we're not allowed to promote any products for precisely the reasons people have raised here.

• Wow

Venuslurker

Chatty Member
gousto must be so pleased with mod's latest stories about fod not liking food, who shall we get to advertise our delicious meal kits? Oh yes the man with no tastebuds! Perfect!

• Haha

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
Why couldn’t she just go to her GP instead of making it into an insta story?
Because she wouldn’t get the attention that way. I remember her being called out on the MN threads for asking for constipation advice for one of the twins. A) she shouldn’t have put personal info about her kids all over the Internet and B) she’s a fucking HCP!! She just replied that it was a Bank Holiday so the Drs weren’t open and she didn’t have training in that area. Then namedropped that Dr Ranj had messaged her and given her advice 🙄
Another thing is, she won’t give personal midwifery advice over IG, so why do the rules not apply to her?

Reactions: 17