Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Serenbach

I haven’t posted on here for such a long time (I spent lots of time reading here during the middle of the night feeds while I was on maternity leave).
This whole thing has fascinated me, almost to a point where I feel like we’re watching some sort of live social experiment. It makes me curious how we will look back at the ‘insta famous’ and ‘influencers’ in a decade or so, I think a lot of them will end up like a lot of the Disney stars from the 90’s/00’s!
The worst thing about these influencers is the power they have to quite literally influence vulnerable people - I was drawn into it all, I remember feeling somehow connected (I cringe now) to people like MOD in the early days when they lived in their old smaller house and spoke about parenting and their posts were more fun, I remember buying her book when I was pregnant with my second and feeling so underwhelmed by it, then I started to notice how much their lives were changing and their greed was growing. I unfollowed a while ago when it became obvious just how much was gifted to them and how crap it made me feel wanting to buy everything that these influencers had.
I’m glad that she’s been outed for just how two faced she and the whole instagram world is. The others have done themselves absolutely no favours and have made themselves look like the outcasts of Mean Girls, it’s nothing short of pathetic how they’ve posted these deep meaningful captions as if they’ve just found of that MOD is some kind of serial killer who should be behind bars - I would hate for any of them to experience any kind of real life trauma if this is their reaction to their insta pal writing both comments on a forum.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

CyanideKiss

Chatty Member
I think it's very telling that none of the InstaMums appear to have genuine friends of long standing. Instead, they enthuse manically about all their new, shiny, amazing, shiny, brave, amazing InstaMates. It's because these women are dedicated, ruthless social media climbers. They don't build friendships. They build networks.

I am still in touch with old school friends. I still meet up with university mates that I have known for over 20 years. I have a very close circle of mum friends who bonded at the school gates over 10 years ago. My oldest and best friend drove through the night to be there for me when my Mum passed away suddenly.

That's what real friends are. And that's what real friends do. Real friends aren't the randoms who just sit next to you at yet another perfume launch lunch. Real friends don't mouth wanky, empty platitudes like "We've got you" (when what they really mean is "we're out to get you") when you're struggling. Real friends don't jostle for prime position as you all pose for the camera on a contrived 'InstsGals Weekend Away.' And real friends don't queue up to stab you in the back when you totally fuck up.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

poopypants

Have I taken something by mistake? Is FOD REALLY posting videos of a dancing black man while his wife is embroiled in a public race row? Honestly? Am I drunk? What the fuck is going on?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
I really just cannot abide this bloody lack of understanding of the x5 more black women/maternity statistic. Surely they all went to some sort of college or university, these journo-privilege-poshies?? You wouldn’t get this shit past a tutor! Where’s your evidence for your statement? What’s the context? What you’re saying hasn’t been referenced by evidence, how have you come to this conclusion?! My tutor would've given me a bollocking for the type of thing that these woke mamas are happily typing and putting out into the world.

It’s not midwives being bitches or not bitches that is causing a higher rate of maternal deaths! The intersectionality involved in these statistics would take an extremely in-depth analysis. Black women aren’t dying more than white women because the midwives are racist! I nearly died under the care of a lovely black midwife, and I’m white. There was a catalogue of problems that led to it all going wrong, none of which could be resolved by the midwife, who tried her absolute best. You can’t blame any midwife (unless they are genuinely doing something wrong in their role), for the failings of a massive organisation that covers the whole country, because it will be so much more complex than the way they’re putting it across.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

judsmum

Chatty Member
Oh do fuck off Simon. No wonder she’s not publicly apologised for calling him a twat why apologise for speaking the truth. Clemmie, if you’re reading - be more Alice.

• Haha
Reactions: 45

Cariad

VIP Member
20+ years ago my husband was in the public eye because of a professional issue which resulted in his career downfall being splattered across the local media( thank god Facebook and Instagram didn't exist then!)... this led to a major mental health crisis and meant he had to leave his very successful career and retrain in another unrelated field ( which he's now even more successful in!) ...I stood by him as I believed in him ( we had 3 young children at the time) and believed there was professional jealousy at work .
I was interviewed by press and tv...I don't see any of this with MOD /FOD , and believe their careers and relationship is in dire straits ....if FOD loved his wife , he'd be supportive and defending her not posting some half hearted crap about sodding hair accessories or dogs!

Reactions: 44

Sick of the bs

I feel like going through their insta account is watching a car crash happen in slow mo
I agree - the crash was inevitable. Mod has disappeared up her own arse and Fod has turned into Timmy Mallett.
Neither of them has a smile that reaches their eyes any more.
Sad.
And a cautionary tale for other desperate fuckers.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

NorthbutSouth

Well I wasn’t a MOD fan but watching all the instahuns dancing on her grave has made me root for her
She should drag the whole lot of them down with her. Post the screenshots of the private chats, tell everyone which usernames are her insta mates, reveal what they’re all really like and how shallow it all really is.
Her Instagram sweetheart career is ruined now anyway she should just blow the lid off the whole thing and hopefully it will make a lot of people wake up to it all
I have to say I agree. She was a bitch but hey we all have our moments, just not played out in public!
But after seeing a video of some influencers drunkenly dancing to “who the f*** is Alice” last week, on a freebie weekend, and knowing the absolute gloating bitch session they must have had. I lost every last bit of interest in them all. She was one of you the week before. I have not a doubt that they’ve all said the same things and worse to get on the Brandwagon.
I am a self confessed Insta whore. I love following and watching the lives of these people. (Clearly I need a real life myself!) But I have followed most of them since joining and they had little followers and no link to brands. I found them funny and took inspo for fashion etc. But then the wheels started to turn and so did their heads. It’s completely changed the way I see it all and woken me from my instacoma! So I’d be happy if she just let it all blow up and said we’re all as shit as each other.

• Wow
  • Haha
Short time lurker sent here by Whinge Whinge Wine Facebook post and I’ve been hooked. I used to follow both of the Hoopers but as a mother of teens and younger children I cringed at their blatant content nonsense on behalf of the older girls.

I posted this on both Clemmie Telford and Dress Like a Mum’s instagram comments and when I couldn’t t see them, assumed I’d done something technically wrong and tried to repost. Nope, not allowed. Not allowed to DM either. Guess they must have blocked me 🤷‍♀️ Anyway I’m glad I copied the text so all of you lovely, non trolling and actually bloody fair minded and well intentioned forum members could see it.

“ I’ve never followed you and actually unfollowed Clemmie a long time ago, but you have been brought to my attention due to the recent troubles. I am disturbed but not entirely surprised by what has happened in the last year or so. I am however, horrified in the way that you have thrown a supposed “real life” friend under the bus by publishing such obvious, cringeworthy attempts at distancing yourself and proving your own (#ad #gifted #diversity) worth. If she was truly your friend outside of “these squares” (please can you Instamums retire this phrase, it smacks of MLM cult speak) then you’d not comment and support or disagree with her in private. Instead you are using this to monetise and boost your profile. Maybe you can be the queen insta mum?!

As I said. Not a fan of hers (and she was right to label her child exploiting husband a “twat”) but I think you’ve missed the mark here. Yes, absolutely you should be sad and upset about the betrayal, but your behaviour has been less than exemplary and does not show you well. A couple of weeks ago this post would have been fantastic but right now it seems mistimed and insensitive. “Look at my diverse friends” - almost as bad as FOD’s dancing black man story who he wanted to be his friend.

You instamums would get much more respect by posting your own statements on exactly how this has affected you, mentally and financially. How you will help to ensure that there is never a need for someone to sink to these depths again, how clear you will be on ads in future and how ads using children as the main selling point (although why kids want new boots for mum or fancy tiles or sinks is beyond me). We need more honesty from ALL of you and less selling of your kids. Take a leaf from @erica_davies book and leave your family out of it. Showcase your clearly fantastic ideas (you are all successful because you take great pics and have wonderful content ideas without exposing your kids). Just work harder to protect your kids from what will happen when your bubble implodes. I feel so sorry for Anya and Marnie, for what their mother has done, but more so for the witch hunt you and your fellow Insta-Mums have piled on top. You are undoubtedly to blame for the extra coverage and bullying that they will endure.

• Heart

Colourpop

I don’t follow any instamums as I found the interiors made me hate myself. We live in an untidy and probably slightly grubby house with mismatched furniture and colours not of our choosing on the wall (we rent), covered in toys. I get depressed instantly looking at the pictures of their houses even though I know some of them are just shovelling clutter behind them. I’m so used to looking like crap before kids, let alone either, that the clothes stuff bothers me less, and as for the size 10 body positivity....

Sorry, heartfelt rant there! But I wouldn’t recommend them to any new mum at all.

The MoD thing has been so interesting as I got really down when one of the gang had her 40th shortly after mine. I felt totally shit as mine was a bit of a disaster and I felt like I wasn’t in that sort of group of friends who could do something like that. But MoD was there and I assume that the group is in disarray now.
I love your honesty and I feel the sadness and disappointment in that post at yourself. Don’t feel like that- it’s not real life. I know many many people have been fooled into thinking it was, and that THEY were lacking, many people have invested in slogan jumpers, way too much leopard print, dark kitchen cabinets, etc etc etc etc but NONE of it matters. NONE of it makes you a better person, a better partner or wife, a better mum, or even friend as we’ve found out. This is a reality check so many people needed I think and there are so many people who’ve felt like crap over one thing or another on IG instahun accounts. It was Lily Pebbles that completely pushed me over the edge and made me realise what a ridiculous industry it was when her daughter was born...

• Heart
Reactions: 43

allybongo

Chatty Member
What an absolute mind-bender it must be for MOD realising that Tattle - her nemesis that ‘orchestrated’ her downfall - is now her biggest supporter and the dissenting voice of reason.

And we also all agree that FOD is a Class A twat/gif.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43

Helen

Administrator
Hi all, there's quite a lot of posts asking who acronyms are.

So I've created a page on the wiki https://tattle.life/wiki/acronyms/

Please do edit and fill it in for ones I've missed.

If it's not that much more effort - like writing the first name with an initial for the surname that would be helpful, just so everyone understands quickly and it doesn't clog up the thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Smartie

Chatty Member
Did anyone else see this??
I think she wrote the apology. And then handed her phone/IG to someone else. I think they're protecting her. And quite rightly. Because that poster says "shouldn't she be reading her DMs" - no, she shouldn't. Can you imagine the hatred and crap in her inbox? Whatever happened, no one has to read all of that, when they're already all over the national press. It's not good for anyone's mental health. No one should have been DMing her at all to send any kind of messages like that when she left a public space open for it. People are vying for blood. Ora reply they can use to post all over the platform for extra followers and likes.....

Kaz

Title suggestion:

Simon’s so glad his dog’s in his life
but still no mention of his wife

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
Guys isn’t he allowed to be angry with her, with the world, with what’s happened? He doesn’t do drama, why would he suddenly change? Yeah his posts this week have been a bit bizarre, but surely he’s trying to escape from what must be an awful atmosphere at home, perhaps trying out new ways of posting and engaging his audience. The fact that his Instagram before was horrible and definitely a bit exploitative of the girls is irrelevant - there’s a new normal now and he won’t just know how to be and act immediately.

It just goes to show how insane the world of the megafamous normal people on Insta are. It’s all very Black Mirror!
Sympathy for a man who photographed his toddler daughter on the potty, showed a text conversation with his daughter, showed his toddler daughter on a naughty chair and inadvertently showed him and Clemmie in the mirror directing her with the camera set up ?

He deleted all of the above after realising what a cock he was for putting up private intimate moments that had no place on social media .

He’s a wanker and I’ve no sympathy for him or Clemmie. Instagram has made egotistical monsters of the pair of them .

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 41