Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Stargazer

I’d have mega respect for Simon if he dropped a massive truth video defending her against the increasing false narrative that has formed. The truth is that all humans can be a bit shit. It’s what makes us human. It’s what unites us. She deserved to be humbled a bit but she’s really been nationally humiliated. Shame is something that’s really hard to come back from in life...it creates a lot of darkness and dark consequences. It could absolutely be the making of her whole life if she let it but it’s a dangerous place to lock away a person and throw away the key and right now that’s where she’s been put by the entire internet and not-properly-fact-checking press. I hope her husband pulls her out a bit at least! 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 36

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
The thing I don’t get about all this, is Clemmie doesn’t come across as a special snowflake who would be hurt by comments on a forum. When she was mentioned on Mumsnet, she argued back, guns blazing, issued threats that got threads deleted regularly etc. She comes across as thick skinned, tough as nails, and can be quite verbally aggressive herself when people disagree with her.

She joined Tattle for no other reason than having a good old gossip and an incognito bitch.

• Heart

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Perhaps this will be looked back on in years to come (if there's still anything to look back on) as a prime example of the empty shallowness of Instagram influencers and their contribution to the want want want culture and their (the Instgrammers') endless greed for more. Hey guys, this Instagram gig is a real doozy! Get as many followers as you can by promoting values of togetherness, forgiveness and relatibility with other people who joined the baby train, whilst simultaneously making them want things they can't afford and yearn for things they'll never have (and which you got only because it was free or gifted) - holidays/clothes/home furnishings/someone taking whimiscal shots of you looking thoughtful in leopard print - making them feel shitter and smaller about themselves than before they came across your vacuous content. Phew! Essay over. Side note: I had never heard of the other names before this thread!

• Heart

GreyWolf

VIP Member
I’m not sure what she was going to whinge on about for another 57 stories but after 4 of TMS talking utter whining drivel into her phone whilst looking at herself I started to feel like my life had ended as why was I watching this utter crap and why do they do it? Who cares what you say to your phone as you sit in your house. Ffs. It’s such a bizarre world we are in. What a boring woman.

• Haha

petitspois

VIP Member
Bring it back to utter basics, anyone who videos themselves talking to the camera is an utter knob!! Instawankers for sure

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Am new to tattle life (followed Sali Hughes and MOD and Caroline hirons for years). What disturbs me about these influencers is not that they are being paid thousands by big brands, we all need to earn a living and most of us probably aspire to earn the maximum amount we can.

What disturbs me is that these women are relatable and their posts are side by side with the photos of our friends/family on ig. So our minds would automatically associate them with people we trust. And these women are repeatedly promoting cosmetics and clothes that are priced far above what the average woman can afford. I find that many disgruntled ex followers feel duped because they were encouraged to spend ££££ they really shouldn't be spending. I have a strict budget so I wasn't affected really. And there is 0 acknowledgment of this by any influencer, that they are driving vulnerable women into possible debt. Yes there is an element of personal responsibility but you can't expect people to be happy and gushy when your entire business model is built on encouraging average women to overspend. There would be some backlash and as a parent you should not be putting your children in the middle of that.

This entire saga just shows that influencers are not your friends, they are just representatives of an industry that relies on people overspending. Hence it is no wonder they receive so many perks and Clemmie goes to extreme lengths to preserve her 'image'

• Heart

Nemokel

I’ve just scrolled riiiiiiiggghhhttt back through MODs insta. She really did used to be a completely different person. I first started following her in 2016 when I’d just had my first baby and she’d had the twins. She seemed so much happier! The posts are much more care free, relatable and just generally good fun- even the moany ones. They were mum moans which we could all relate too, not a moan because she can’t decide on a new farrow and ball colour 🙄 . She seemed to be good friends with people back then too- real friends. But I suppose all that could have been fake too. I felt a bit sad looking so far back, it reminded me of when I was in maternity leave and I used to look at her insta and enjoy it and relate to it. Even without all this latest drama, she seems so smug, bored and not at all genuine anymore. Anyway! Such a shame. Instagram looks like it’s destroyed her- and massively aged her husband too! He looks 15 years younger in 2016.

• Heart
  • Sad

amsam

I just went onto mummy smiles stories to see what it was about and I honestly don't know how she has 23k followers, she is really irritating, I stopped watching after she said like 3 times 'I have a heart?' (I love how she made that sound like a question). Her insta bio says she is a social influencer, and having lurked on this page for about 5 days now reading all the tea on Clemmie I think my eyes have opened somewhat in terms of what a poisonous bunch these odious women are.
I've followed MOD and FOD for years, I really liked FODs stories (I remember showing them to my husband who in hindsight correctly called him a load of bull)
I got pregnant March 2017 and started having pains at 5 weeks doctor thought I may be miscarrying so I went off to the hospital and whilst I was there I got given Gimmies pregnancy book as a gift. It has nothing in it about early pregnancies so I messaged her, a short message basically asking for reassurance. No reply.
I mean I wasn't expecting a response but looking back at how much she scrutinises her criticism online I am.sure she did see it.
I also recently found her stories quite dull and got a pissed off vibe from them and couldn't relate to her at all so I.unfollowed her and kept following FOD.
Since this furore I've found that accounts like mutha.hood and feathering the empty nest etc have all unfollowed her. I only started following them because of how much clemmie bigged them up on her stories a few years ago (when she wasn't quite so dull)
I only hope that we get some sensible journalism on this soon because witch hunts aside, I feel like instagram needs to do more about these instahuns, peddlars of tat and grabbers of freebies, because the next generation are aspiring to be these kinds of shitty people and its scary.

Voltaire once wrote: “To find out who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

• Heart

emeldahosh

Well, this has all been an eye opener! I'm new here - followed MOD then FOD after having my baby girl. They seemed to know what they were doing and i had no clue. Bought a lot of expensive baby things i didn't really need or could afford after falling down the instagram rabbit hole. I knew it was all a bit fake/gifted, but i didn't know the extent!

I had some respect for their success as they've clearly grafted/networked for it. But the content increasing felt controlled and contrived. I'm glad to now have the reason to unfollow and switch off from them.

Anyway... the whole Alice thing just shows how fake these relationships are and how hellish it must be to live in that competitive world. I can't believe i was envious of that! But I guess the freebies and ad money made up for it for them.

I felt a bit sorry for FOD, but this bobble post shines a light on his real persona and motivations. He pretended to be fun, loving dad and husband who just happened to get lucky on Instagram. They way he has so obviously boosted the post and covered up negativity just shows that it's all strategic and calculated. To value the lifestyle above the real relationships in his life is actually really sad.

Sweettutu

Chatty Member
His hairband post has 1332 comments. They're not things like "welcome back Simon" or "thinking of you and your family" or even "how's Clemmie?". There's nothing really syrupy sweet and toe curling which you'd expect the real sheep to type... The vast majority of the comments are actual, proper engagement, wonder, interest and awe about missing hairbands.
The average number of comments on his other recent posts is about 200.
I smell utter bullshit. Fucking obvious, embarrassing and desperate. Cringe.
So they’re filling up the comments with bot engagement to drown any dissenting comments. Taking tips from Putin.

• Haha

GreyWolf

VIP Member
Before all this I thought FOD was just a bit annoying but he has really shown his colours throughout this. He’s an absolute C U next Tuesday! He really does strike me now as a very unpleasant person, really makes me wonder what life in the SODs draughty mansion is like behind the lens. I think he’s got a real nasty streak.
I really think she wanted fame for just her and he took over and used the girls, and whilst she loved the money and kudos of the brand, she would’ve much preferred it to be her thing and she would have filtered the girls out. So at some point he’s made a decision to carry on regardless of her views and feelings and she clearly has resentment towards this. They haven’t rung true for a ling time.

Lime_Lemonade

I actually hope MOD and FOD are now reading Tattle and finding some reassurance because we seem to be the only sane people here in all that mad media coverage.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
This race row is getting to me. I work with a lady from India. She is absolutely shit at her job. I dont want to get too personal about what I do for a living but working alongside her yesterday she made a dangerous mistake which had I not witnessed and corrected could have caused a lot of problems.

I make mistakes. We all do. My mistakes in the past have been reported and I have had to deal with them. Like anybody else.

I reported this ladies mistake to my line manager. I was asked to think very carefully if I want to go ahead with the 'accusation'. ??? What do you mean I asked? I was then told I had to be very careful not to come across as racist as in the past she had accused other who reported her of bring racist.

If anyone else that I work with made this mistake they would be called out for it. Because my manager is afraid of being called a racist this has been brushed under the carpet.

I am not a racist. If a white colleague made the same mistake I would report that too. If I made that mistake I would expect to be reported.

I hate that if we say anything we are automatically racist!
I was given a warning by my boss once because I held one of my team to account for a deadline having been missed. I get that we can't always meet a deadline; my issue was that I expect my staff to alert me and keep me up-to-date if this is likely. She'd had plenty of opportunity to warn me but didn't , so my conversation with her was along the lines of " You MUST let me know of concerns as soon as you have any inkling of not meeting the deadline...that way I can either help, or manage expectations with the customer etc.Not telling me and hoping to get away with it is NOT ok". She reported me for bullying and said I was picking on her because she wasn't British. I responded "No I was holding you to account because you made a dick decision to keep me out of the loop." Still bugs me now....I couldn't give two shits about your race/sexuality/political persuations....just do your fucking job🤷‍♀️

• Heart

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
If you’d been caught bitching about your colleagues then you’d deal with the inevitable fall out. Which is what this is, just played out on a bigger and more public arena. And it’s not “life nowadays” to have something you said classed as racist, it either is or it isn’t.. If someone has found something you’ve said to be offensive then bloody well pull up your big girl monte and deal with the shit storm. She’s been caught out. No one made her do it. It was all her. She courted the attention when she was getting free sinks out if it and now she’s seeing what the bad side is like.

I have no idea who most of these other instamums are and have no desire to find out more about them. They are all identikit opportunistic materialistic egomaniacs. Wish they’d all disappear.

• Heart

Candyman

👋🏼 hi there,

New on here. At first glimpse I thought it was a forum for hatred and spite but actually you seem to be the smartest and most honest of the bunch !

IMO I think this whole thing has got way out of hand. MOD or her team should have stepped in to diffuse it at some stage - certainly before now. FODs posts are laughable and the fact that he targeted the US audience on his last post shows that they’re all panicking.
MOD shouldn’t have been bitching about others, in her position professionally & in the digital world it was never going to bode well for either. You can see how she got carried away with it and was exasperated and frustrated by the comments she was reading about herself by the way she wrote some of her posts as Alice. Still, I don’t condone it of course, she is entirely to blame for Alices actions. But what followed has snowballed and people are benefitting from her misfortune in fro t of the world to see which saddens me a bit tbh.

I initially liked Candice. I started following her after MMD was launched and I liked her more then. She intelligently and informatively covers and speaks on so many topics that need to be talked about. However, she CAN at times come across as aggressive, MOD was absolutely right. I have since unfollowed. It’s more than assertive and it’s more than passionate. Also IMO I don’t think the race comment camefrom a racist place but it should not have been said at all. Esp coming from someone in her position. Of course people were going to take it there.
kalechi. Well. IG removed her profile but now I’m not even sure why. The way she talks is vile. The things she says are vile. She most certainly is aggressive and intimidating say the least. I don’t know who she inspires but her vibe is way off anything that I would consider inspiring. Just my opinion. She wishes she had half a million followers.

It’s a mess. We’re all hooked. And hope they’re all reading everyone’s comments though because a few of them will be sweating.
Lies, esp the ones told by those who are just trying to ‘live their truths’ will always surface in the end. Warts and all.

Missyboo25

Chatty Member
The context doesn’t matter! MOD should understand that many POC find the sort of thing she said offensive. Excusing people who use this language for the context of each individual remark is perpetuating an environment of white privilege and insidious racism.

There are other ways to criticise CB I would assume.
Of course the context matters. It's not like she was effing and jeffing calling CB racist names. She merely stated that CB is very rude and aggressive and when someone accuses her of that she says they are only saying it because she's a w.o.c. Are we not allowed to call p.o.c out when they are wrong for fear everyone will assume it's being said in a racist way? Because people are capable of disliking someone's actions and personality without being linked to their skin colour. The fact she used aggressive to describe CB has been taken well out of context, I know people do use it as an insult and that's unfair. But it's also unfair to jump on the Clemmie is a racist bandwagon because someone told you too!

• Heart
Reactions: 33

MarmiteExtract

VIP Member
It's been a week (and, what, four threads?!) since this all kicked off. Can't remember what I did with my time before this... every minute seems to spent catching up on threads at the mo! 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 33