Missing people or murder cases you want to be solved

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mark Tildesley. He was abducted and murdered by a paedophile gang in 1984 and they were caught and jailed, however, they have never revealed where his body is buried, thereby preventing the family having real closure. So cruel. I remember the days after he went missing vividly, all the police helicopters out looking for him, and I think of him now and again in the hope his remains will be found so he can be given a proper funeral.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Very interesting thread. Have read it all last night and this morning. It doesn't appear anyone's mentioned the case highlighted by the Serial podcast a number of years ago, the murder of Hae Min Lee. I would be interested to know what you think about whether Adnan Syed is guilty or not?

Reactions: 2
Very interesting thread. Have read it all last night and this morning. It doesn't appear anyone's mentioned the case highlighted by the Serial podcast a number of years ago, the murder of Hae Min Lee. I would be interested to know what you think about whether Adnan Syed is guilty or not?
I've not listened to the podcast but I watched a programme about the case a couple of weeks ago called If I Should Die (it was an ID series I think featuring different cases) and I'd say he was definitely guilty based on that.

I know there are doubt about the case but I don't know what they are.

I've not listened to the podcast but I watched a programme about the case a couple of weeks ago called If I Should Die (it was an ID series I think featuring different cases) and I'd say he was definitely guilty based on that.

I know there are doubt about the case but I don't know what they are.
Surprised you've not heard the podcast but would recommend it. Where can I find that show to watch? From everything I've seen/heard I don't think he did it.

The Syed case is interesting because the police investigation was so badly handled. I think it could have been solved if the cops had not botched the case. I lean towards Adnan being involved (in some way) but even if he did kill Hae or was involved, the case against him was so poor that he doesn’t deserve to be in jail or at minimum deserves a fair retrial.

Surprised you've not heard the podcast but would recommend it. Where can I find that show to watch? From everything I've seen/heard I don't think he did it.
I've heard of it but I've never listened to a podcast - any podcast - in my life! 😂

Here's the link.....

Reactions: 1
Mark Tildesley. He was abducted and murdered by a paedophile gang in 1984 and they were caught and jailed, however, they have never revealed where his body is buried, thereby preventing the family having real closure. So cruel. I remember the days after he went missing vividly, all the police helicopters out looking for him, and I think of him now and again in the hope his remains will be found so he can be given a proper funeral.
I read this recently in a magazine, so sad

Jerome Thomas...watched something about it a few years ago and it just never left me...the clothes in the washing basket was just so strange

Are there any particular missing peoples or murder cases that you keep an eye on and hope to be solved in your lifetime?
For me it's the Andrew Gosden case from 2007 - he was the boy from Doncaster who skipped school one day (very out of character) and got a train down to London. He was spotted on the CCTV outside King's Cross Station and was never seen again.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Andrew_Gosden
Same!! I also want to know what happened to Claudia Lawrence.

Reactions: 6
Casey Anthony has always got me. I read the book written but her defence lawyer and it left me even more confused.
I was reading this thread last nights and had to stop as I needed a wee and was to scared to go 🤣🤣
Another thought I had was do you think murderers read threads like this to see what people think? It’s such a crazy world out there it wouldn’t surprise me.

Reactions: 7
I mentioned Vishal Mehrotra a little while back in response to another poster’s comment about Martin Allen; there is some thought that the same gang were linked with all these cases. This network was uniquely and horribly motivated.

• Sad
They will need to build a solid case, their is obvs something related to the way they were killed that is significant. Or maybe, its just too traumatic? They were only children maybe it's in the best interest of the community and family that that don't know? I do belive they have much more on tape of him :( but again won't release it and I believe it should stay that way. I don't understand why he didn't take the phone? Was he interrupted? Kidnap gone wrong? It's a rabbit hole for sure

I fell into the rabbit hole about this case earlier today and I definitely think there is more audio footage of him (and the girls) speaking. The police believed it was recorded from inside a pocket so to record she would have only had to quickly go into her phone and hit the video record button and then slip it into a pocket. It’s thought he would been behind them and directing the girls down the hill so they’d have had their backs to him at some point. I think they will have audio of rape(s), definitely of them being either threatened/restrained in some way and maybe physical violence before they got to their final destination and perhaps even the horrific audio of them being killed. The phone would have continued recording until the battery died or more likely when the phone storage became too full. The clips of the man being videoed crossing the bridge could even be from the same recording as the “down the hill” audio which after she’d got the video of the man she could have slipped it in to her pocket before he approached them. The police did say how clever the girl was that recorded it.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I’m still working my way through the thread as their is so much to digest but here are some of my thoughts.
Corrie McKeague- I’m so surprised there are no True Crime podcasts on him. The story is so strange. Also, does anyone know the accountability for a club letting patrons leave drunk knowing they will die?
Meredith Kercher- Poor girl totally forgotten in all the hub-bub around Amanda Knox. Am I right in thinking Knox and her Italian boyfriend had only been dating for days before Meredith’s death?
Sophie Smith- I remember so clearly seeing her missing posters on the 27th, there’s another young girl with missing posters up at the moment. I think the police have confirmed she has died but the posters are still all around town. It’s very haunting.

Can anyone remember Daniel Entwistle disappearing in 2007? I think a lot of people believe his step dad killed him and put him in the river. I remember the national TV stations coming to town and camping out a stone throw from my Nanny’s house. It all seemed very exciting and surreal at the time.

I’ve lived in two towns with major rivers, one also near the sea and the both have a long history of people going missing. One I remember clearly is Ben Savage. I had got off the train still a bit drunk for the night before and posters of him were everywhere. It all seemed a bit surreal. There were greyhounds walking down the high street as part of an appeal to find them new homes. I found the whole moment so achingly sad and think about it often. Poor Ben, they believe, had fallen into a river on the way home from a night out.

Reactions: 4
Oh my god how have I not ventured into the off-topic section of tattle before! I am obsessed with true crime/missing persons. Brb while i catch up on all this. I've found my people! 🙌

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Wow, Have you got a link to the photo?as I have read that before but never seen the photo. Thanks x
I cant find the photo I saw myself as I know it wasnt this one. But I have found this though. Another pic.

Its clear people are discussing it and think it looks uncanny. But mind you the link to the pic isnt there in the comments to click on.
Its only upon looking at the article. This is not the pic I saw though so one mustve been removed. Literally going to be looking for it though because thats odd its gone.
but still its another pic. Its hopeful.

Here is the supposed pic..uncanny

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I loved DJ Derek and was devastated at his end! I don’t think there was any fowl play I think he slunk off like a cat.....he was incredible.
Yeah the police said no foul play but the nosey person in me wants to know if it was like a heart attack or suicide? From the news report it looked like he was found in a place off the beaten track, grassy area by the Mall?

I cant find the photo I saw myself as I know it wasnt this one. But I have found this though. Another pic.

Its clear people are discussing it and think it looks uncanny. But mind you the link to the pic isnt there in the comments to click on.
Its only upon looking at the article. This is not the pic I saw though so one mustve been removed. Literally going to be looking for it though because thats odd its gone.
but still its another pic. Its hopeful.

Here is the supposed pic..uncanny
For me the noses look different around the nostrils. I believe that the poor boy met with foul play, which is utterly horrendous to think but from what I’ve read I don’t believe he’s alive.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.