Missing people or murder cases you want to be solved

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Andrew gosden
Brian Schaefer
Jennifer kesse
Maura murray
Sodder children
Lars Mittank
Brandon Lawson

For definite murders;
Delphi murders
Missy Beavers
Lindsay Buziak
the sodder children case is so heartbreaking and baffling... their relatives are still looking apparently.

Teresa's ex seems like a creep.
Definitely. Even if he didn't kill her there's red flags all over 👀

Reactions: 2
Andrew gosden
Brian Schaefer
Jennifer kesse
Maura murray
Sodder children
Lars Mittank
Brandon Lawson

For definite murders;
Delphi murders
Missy Beavers
Lindsay Buziak
Sodder children one is so bizarre! And lars mittank, video is kinda chilling.

Reactions: 4
Andrew gosden
Brian Schaefer
Jennifer kesse
Maura murray
Sodder children
Lars Mittank
Brandon Lawson

For definite murders;
Delphi murders
Missy Beavers
Lindsay Buziak
Just read about this one. It seems to me that her boyfriend (and possibly his mother) arranged for her murder in a professional hit. His alibi was too perfectly tied together. He looks quite cold and sinister in the pictures of him. The police probably can't charge him because he refuses to give a DNA sample. He also seems like a mommy's boy, and his mother seems narcissistic and strange. Poor Lindsay.

Reactions: 1
Just read about the Sodder children! How bizarre, and how devastating for the remaining members of the family. The youngest sibling Sylvia is still alive today

Reactions: 5
I think Lars Mittank had sustained a traumatic brain injury, which affected him more and more as the days went by. He possibly later died from his injury, although why he has never been found is a mystery. Or maybe he was found, and it was covered up, because his death was due to an assault and therefore manslaughter?

The Sodder children's disappearance is very strange though. It seems obvious that the fire was an arson attack - but were the children abducted prior to that? Or did they simply burn and the experts didn't realise how intense the heat was in the attic rooms?

Thank you to whoever started this thread, it's riveting.

Reactions: 8
I hope to find out what happened to Ben Needham in my lifetime. That's one I think about a lot
Also would love to know the truth about Madeleine Mccann and Jonbonet Ramsay

Reactions: 41
Missing person cases chill me to the bone, especially the ones where things just don’t quite add up. I suspect the simplest answer is usually the right one but my brain struggles to let things go. A few years ago I fell so deep into the Maura Murray case I think it was starting to effect my mental health, I just couldn’t stop trying to work out what had happened. It must be awful not to know what has happened to your loved one 😔
I feel the same, even more so since having my own child. I’d feel like half a person if (God forbid) she ever went missing. Cannot imagine the desperation for closure the families must feel

I’d love to see Damien Nettles found, even though I’m certain the best that can be hoped for is discovering his remains. The case is local to me so it feels more personal

Would also love for Mary Boyle’s case to be solved in some way, either her body found or charges pressed. It’s been decades with no progress and I feel for her twin sister who is still pursuing the case

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Nothing would fill me with more satisfaction than finding out what truly happened to Madeleine McCann, that girl has been in my thoughts for so many years I really just feel as though the system has failed her massively. Her parents should be held completely accountable.

There was one I was following that was literally solved a week or so ago after thirteen years. It was very sad but it was good that his family got the closure they so desperately needed.

Reactions: 27
Definitely Claudia Lawrence. I was at university in York at the time of her disappearance and it's just so sad. As with all the missing person cases, I just don't understand how someone can disappear...someone must know something
My cousin was also at uni in York at the time. My uncle was absolutely beside himself with worry for her.

MH370- I’m an av geek anyway and this case baffles me everyday. I always thought it was a tragic accident until the sad German Wings pilot suicide crash. Then it made me rethink. But honestly I have no clue what happened. I highly doubt it but I hope they find the black box one day and give closure to the families.

Amy Lynn Bradley - this case baffles me. I don’t think she fell off the boat, be it suicide or a murder. My heart breaks for her thinking of what she might have been through

Andrew gosden - I hold hope he is still alive and has started a new life and one day gets in touch with his family.

Madeleine McCann - I was 7 when this happened and I have always wanted to know what happened to her. Whatever the outcome, I hope justice is served, poor Madeleine.

Claudia Lawrence- she well and truly disappeared without a trace. I hope to god they find who is responsible.

Last edited:
Barry Rubery - He was attacked outside his house, tied up with wire and cables and beaten to death 10 years ago. He was found by his neighbour the next day.

He lived a few miles from me and I drive past the house on my journey to work so it's one that particularly sticks out to me!

Reactions: 2
There was one I was following that was literally solved a week or so ago after thirteen years. It was very sad but it was good that his family got the closure they so desperately needed.
What one was that?

It was good to see 'Lyle Stevik' solved last year after seventeen years.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I hope to find out what happened to Ben Needham in my lifetime. That's one I think about a lot
Also would love to know the truth about Madeleine Mccann and Jonbonet Ramsay
I remember my mum telling me about ben needham. He's almost exactly two years older than I am, and I think it always scared my mum.
There was some leads last year or the year before and I was sure the family were at least going to get some closure.

Reactions: 7
I thought someone admitted to Ben Needham’a death on his deathbed? It was an accident.

Reactions: 6
I thought someone admitted to Ben Needham’a death on his deathbed? It was an accident.
Apparently someone confessed police believe he was accidentally killed with a digger but there's been no body and no definitive answer or closure.

Yes to Andrew Gosden! That case has always haunted me, and I don’t know why?

Also Claudia Lawrence. I wonder why the police have been so vague about what they think happened to her? This has led to all kinda of unhelpful speculation about her personal life.
theres a missing person poster of Andrew Gosden near where i live, he always gets to me too.

Lee Boxell ..someone knows what happened to him.

Claudia Lawrence too. How can people just vanish especially in recent years with Cctv.
i find the media speculation quite disrespectful and must be awful for her parents.

Suzy Lamplugh.

Corrie McKeague another recent case of someone literally just vanishing.

Reactions: 10
Leah Croucher - disappeared over a year ago in Milton Keynes. Was allegedly having an affair with a married colleague. Sounds a lot like an honour killing but nobody can prove his involvement.

Claudia Lawrence - disappeared in York what must be over 10 years ago now. It’s widely believed that the patrons of the local pub hold the key but nobody is talking.

Ruth Wilson - last seen taking a taxi to
Box Hill in the 90s, completely vanished. Very complex back story with her family.

Lindsay Rymer - disappeared in Hebden Bridge in 1994 and her body was actually found 6 months later but the killer has never been caught. There was speculation about a conspiracy of silence of the other teenagers of Hebden Bridge about her death and disappearance at the time but I don’t know if they ever broke the pact of silence.
The Leah Croucher case has been one I’ve followed. I think the family know a lot more than what we’re lead to believe..

Reactions: 6
Are there any particular missing peoples or murder cases that you keep an eye on and hope to be solved in your lifetime?
For me it's the Andrew Gosden case from 2007 - he was the boy from Doncaster who skipped school one day (very out of character) and got a train down to London. He was spotted on the CCTV outside King's Cross Station and was never seen again.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Andrew_Gosden
I’ve just been reading about this. Such a sad story as there are no leads at all :(

Reactions: 1
Moira Anderson, 1967, in Coatbridge, case still live and further searches were made recently to find her body. A local woman alleged that her father, Alexander Gartshore, a bus driver and paedophile, and the last person to see Moira, was the murderer; he was also exhumed in the Bible John case - another huge unsolved murder case. Peter Tobin has also been linked to the latter case.

Renee and Andrew MacRae, Inverness-shire, 1976. Blood was found in Renee's burning car but neither the bodies nor Andrew's pushchair have ever been found, despite emptying entire disused quarries. Many believe them to be under the A9 road which was being built at the time. In November 2019, Renee's lover and Andrew's biological father was arrested and charged with their murder, but there hasn't been a trial yet.

Willie McRae (no relation), Inverness-shire, 1985. Highly dodgy 'suicide' en route to his house in Ross-shire from his flat in Glasgow. An SNP activist and lawyer, he had amassed a huge portfolio of evidence, either on the UK nuclear industry or a political paedophile ring; he carried it about after he had been burgled and a copy of it stolen. A local cop saw him leave his Glasgow home with the dossier and a car with two men in following his. He was widely believed to be being trailed by Special Branch. No trace of the papers were found in his car. He was not realised to have been shot until transferred to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary where he died. The gun was found later some way from the car.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Andrew Gosden's disappearance is so sad. I've always hoped he is ok somewhere, but I fear the worst sadly.

Also Claudia Lawrence and Corrie Mckeague. And poor Lee Boxall.

I'd half forgotten about Penny Bell's murder. That was horrific, it seems so odd they haven't found her killer. That said sometimes the police know who did it, theyre just waiting for enough proof - this happened in Claire Tiltmans case, it took 21 years to convict her murderer.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.