Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Herefortheteeeee

Re Andrew Gosden having just researched that it seems very plausible that he may well still be alive and had just run away to restart his life. He was obviously a very intelligent boy. Though that is the better outcome than something more sinister, it is still sad as his parents obviously cared for him very much.

Re Meredith Kercher I watched a documentary on netflix about Amanda Knox recently and the way the journalist celebrated getting a front page story and totally overlooked the fact that he was reporting a young girl's violent murder made me feel sick!
I refuse to watch anything with Hayden Pannitteire because of Amanda Knox. She portrayed her in a movie. I watched an interview with Hayden where she was saying how wonderful Amanda Knox was and what an inspiration she was. She was still a convicted Killer at the time. Disgusting. Meredith’s family will never find peace not knowing what happened to her

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 21

ChilliBean

VIP Member
I refuse to watch anything with Hayden Pannitteire because of Amanda Knox. She portrayed her in a movie. I watched an interview with Hayden where she was saying how wonderful Amanda Knox was and what an inspiration she was. She was still a convicted Killer at the time. Disgusting. Meredith’s family will never find peace not knowing what happened to her
I feel so sorry for Meredith’s family, not only for the tragedy of losing their daughter but for the absolute media circus that followed. They always conducted themselves with such dignity despite what was being published

• Sad
Reactions: 21

Crisps

VIP Member
It blows my mind that there’s so many missing people or missing bodies and they are all somewhere on this planet, some never will be found ever.

Reactions: 20

Gembo

VIP Member
The Lady Vanishes podcast surrounding the disappearance of Marion Barter is fascinating. So many strange and unexplained events and so sad for her daughter to still not have answers. I highly recommend it, I listened last year and still find myself listening again and trying to put things together.

Missing person cases chill me to the bone, especially the ones where things just don’t quite add up. I suspect the simplest answer is usually the right one but my brain struggles to let things go. A few years ago I fell so deep into the Maura Murray case I think it was starting to effect my mental health, I just couldn’t stop trying to work out what had happened. It must be awful not to know what has happened to your loved one 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Crisps

VIP Member
Abby Williams and Libby German - the two young girls who were hiking and snap chatting, one of their phones had photos had a man on a bridge and a video of a mans voice.
They disappeared and their bodies were found the next day, it’s still unsolved and the police have never revealed how they were killed.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

lalalanded

VIP Member
Are there any particular missing peoples or murder cases that you keep an eye on and hope to be solved in your lifetime?
For me it's the Andrew Gosden case from 2007 - he was the boy from Doncaster who skipped school one day (very out of character) and got a train down to London. He was spotted on the CCTV outside King's Cross Station and was never seen again.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Andrew_Gosden
There's a big missing persons poster of him on the bus stop outside my house. The photo really kills me because he looks so vulnerable and I do worry that he could have been easily exploited. His poor, poor family.

• Sad

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
So maybe Andrew Gosden was groomed by an adult on the YG&T programme he attended, and arranged to meet this person in London to go to a gig. He knew his parents wouldn't allow it, hence the secrecy. He also intended to return home afterwards, which would explain why he didn't take all of his money and only took his backpack. Something went wrong - or maybe something went absolutely right and he realised life in London was much more exciting than life in Doncaster, and he decided to stay.

• Sad

Eastendgirl2020

The Glasgow prostitute murders of the 90’s and early 2000’s. One in particular Jacqueline Gallacher who was found rolled up in a carpet at the side of the road. There were so many girls that went missing and their bodies found later showing they had met a violent death. I believe there is a link between them all. I was lucky enough to spend 4 months in forensics whilst i was doing my masters in forensics thesis, the cold cases were the most interesting to me.

• Heart

Whitepillowcase

Not sure if this case has already been mentioned, but one that has always stuck with me is the tragedy of Kirsty Maxwell in Benidorm. She fell from the balcony, and a group of guys (she fell from their room) were arrested and then released.
Whether she jumped or was pushed I guess they’ll never know, but I feel that the guys know more than has ever been told. Really sad situation for her family and friends

Mrspowell

VIP Member
I think that too. That he had arranged to meet up with someone and they had said something to him like "Oh don't worry, I'll give you a lift home" or words to that effect.
Otherwise it would have been very strange that he had just bought a one way ticket when it wasn't that much more expensive to buy a return.
I have a theory about the one way only ticket. So when I was about 13 I was getting the bus to somewhere I hadn’t been before I was really nervous. I asked for a ticket to where I was going and when they asked if I wanted a return for 5p more I just panicked and said no thank you. I don’t know why but i just did. Immaturity, nervousness, getting embarrassed about things you don’t need to be embarrassed about - all part of being a teenager learning about the world. Not sure if any of those things make sense to anyone else. But to me it would make total sense.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Also the hotel had a baby sitting service which even if it was expensive, they could afford on their doctors wages. Why on earth would they not use them! It’s so hard to get my head around.
And if they hadn't been a pair of well to do doctors, but instead had been a couple from a sink estate, their other two children would have been taken from them and put in care immediately.

Reactions: 18

Dexy

VIP Member
Jon Benet Ramsey - although I think there was quite a bit of evidence it was the brother.

Corrie McKeague for me too. 😕

Pizzledizzle

The cases like Penny Bell, Claudia Lawrence etc, were it’s speculate that the abductor/murderer were known to the victim, sits quite heavy with me.

Just because as a youngish, single woman, I know how much of my life my loved ones don’t know about too. In a situation like that, how many leads are missed or not caught in time because family & friends can’t provide what could be key information.

• Sad
The case is the states the vallow kids
And poor april Jones here in UK they never did find body did they?
They found fragments of it. Enough to suggest it had been burnt and therefore wasn't likely to be findable. That whole case was so very sad. Her poor sister really struggled afterwards.

• Sad
Reactions: 17

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
I'd love for Claudia Lawrence's case to be resolved. I was living in York at the time, and my garden was searched along with all of the others on my road, I was at the uni at the time, and there was a pub they thought might have been connected to the case (I can't remember all the details) which was on my road. It was a really strange time and I would love for her family to get the closure they deserve.

Gembo

VIP Member
One thing that always made me feel that Madeleine McCanns parents weren’t responsible is how much they try to keep the case in the publics minds. If I accidentally or otherwise caused a death and the police were completely clueless I don’t feel I‘d keep drawing attention to it, I’d stay quiet and hope everyone forgot.

Doeli70

VIP Member
Billie Jo Jenkins. Her Foster father had his conviction quashed on appeal but he seemed guilty as hell. I think even his wife thought he was guilty