Missing people or murder cases you want to be solved #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mentioned earlier that I would be surprised about the grooming online and said we weren’t using the internet then like we were now - and based on your comments I have remembered that I was also using chat rooms all the time from 2003 and even went to meet complete strangers then! So I feel silly for saying that now. Sorry.

However I seem to remember his dad saying there was no evidence of him really even using the internet, he had no email address and as we know, he wasn’t using a mobile at the time.

Of course none of us know. But I wanted to correct myself because my comment was silly. Of course we were using chat rooms by 2007.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
@squiffle - Honestly, don't worry about it. It was so long ago it is hard to remember exactly what the technology of that year was like. I really hope that the police are able to follow up the enquiries properly due to the huge gap in time and those arrested are either charged or they find solid evidence they aren't involved.

Reactions: 7
I’m a couple of years older than him and around that time I can remember having a mobile but no internet at home but for some reason I was able to access chat rooms via my network provider. I can remember using them in secret because I was too young to be on them and because I couldn’t figure out how I was using them but not being charged in some way. I didn’t have to use an email address, I think I just created a username and password.

Reactions: 7
I think if Andrew could sneakily skip school and withdraw money then he could talk to people his parents had no idea about.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
There’s a game kids are playing to see how long they can go undetected apparently.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Oh my goodness, If this is true i hope she's charged with wasting police time.
Her parents will be horrified.

Reactions: 12
It was a trend a few years ago supposedly and now it gets brought up when kids go missing but I don't think they're actually doing that

Reactions: 2
this is in an upcoming episode of 24hrs in police custody, and the family are strongly apposed to the episode being aired
I only heard about this case recently but thought it was the mum too. I wonder if the family are opposed because of the mums neglect?

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.