Missing people or murder cases you want to be solved #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always think of Andrew when threads like this are made. I hope his family get some answers.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Wow, shocked to see a move on Andrew Gosden's case after such a long time. I hope his family can finally get some answers.

My own gut feeling has always been that Andrew went to London that day to meet up with someone that he had been speaking to online, and unfortunately the person he met didn't have good intentions :(

• Sad
Reactions: 37
From nothing for all these years , to this ? I’m in such shock. I really hope the family gets answers. Bless them, I think about them all the time.

Reactions: 15
I definitely think Andrew appeared in photos they found in connection with these men. I hope with every ounce of my being that it leads to him being found, even if it’s his resting place so that the family can have the closure they so desperately must yearn for

• Sad
Reactions: 30
I am beyond shocked to read the news about Andrew Gosden today. Trafficking and kidnap is such an awful outcome and my thoughts are with his family today, to think how they must be feeling is gut wrenching.

My theory is that he was groomed online and went to London to meet up with whoever he was talking to online. Maybe the PSP had something to do with it as he never took the charger and a newer PSP model was being launched in the UK the same day. Just speculation on my part.
Whatever happened though I am hoping that this amounts to something and he is either found, or his family finally get closure after all of these years.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
I always think of Andrew when threads like this are made. I hope his family get some answers.
I actually made thread #1 of this (on my old account) with Andrew in mind.

I've always had hope that this case would be solved eventually. His family have experienced a lot of frustration, false hope and dead ends in the past regarding his disappearance. It's heartbreaking.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Desperately hoped he ran away to start a new life, although very unlikely.
the circumstances of the arrests seem to point to a horrible outcome.

Reactions: 6
I would be really surprised if Andrew was groomed online as he went missing in 2007, which was before we were using the internet in the way we are now. There was no evidence to suggest he was and he didn’t even have an email address. If he was groomed I think it would more likely to do with the camp he went on in the summer before he went missing. Either way, I really hope his family (and we!) get some answers soon from these men who have been arrested.

Reactions: 5
I would be really surprised if Andrew was groomed online as he went missing in 2007, which was before we were using the internet in the way we are now. There was no evidence to suggest he was and he didn’t even have an email address. If he was groomed I think it would more likely to do with the camp he went on in the summer before he went missing. Either way, I really hope his family (and we!) get some answers soon from these men who have been arrested.
I am around Andrew's age (currently 29) and he sounds similar to how I was in 2007, very 'online'. Social media didn't really exist but I was often talking to strangers online in 2007, through forums or MSN Messenger, blogs etc, based around my interests. I never met up with any of them because I was a kid and too scared to travel to meet any of them, so I think the grooming thing is very possible and he went to London thinking he was meeting an online friend.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Wow. Stunned to see this development. Really hoping this actually leads to some conclusion for Andrew’s family.

I am around Andrew's age (currently 29) and he sounds similar to how I was in 2007, very 'online'. Social media didn't really exist but I was often talking to strangers online in 2007, through forums or MSN Messenger, blogs etc, based around my interests. I never met up with any of them because I was a kid and too scared to travel to meet any of them, so I think the grooming thing is very possible and he went to London thinking he was meeting an online friend.
Agreed. Also chat rooms were still big in 2007, so I don’t think it would be surprising if he was groomed at all.

Reactions: 16
Definitely. I was 14 years old in 2007 chatting to random strangers (God knows who) every night on Habbo Hotel, MySpace, etc 🥴🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I still can't understand how the last Cctv was at the train station and then he just vanished into thin air. Maybe if he has been trafficked he could still be alive but in another country.

Also I think as a girl it was always drummed into me that talking to strangers online/meeting them was extremely dangerous, for obvious reasons, because it would be a nasty old man who would rape and kill you. But I feel like this was a message mostly oriented towards girls rather than boys, as if it wasn't possible for them to be targeted in this way? Hence why Andrew may have felt ok about meeting someone because he didn't feel as vulnerable, when he clearly was.

Reactions: 20
I grew up in Lincolnshire and I’ve followed Andrew’s case since the day it happened. The bus stop in my Mums town still has his photo on. When the rumours online appeared that he was living in Lincoln, I posted leaflets at the uni and at my hospitals A&E so people knew what to look for.

im a bit soft but I really believed that he was still alive. I still hope he is.

I still can't understand how the last Cctv was at the train station and then he just vanished into thin air. Maybe if he has been trafficked he could still be alive but in another country.
the police didn’t check the CCTV for 7 days and by that point, it was wiped.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Thanks @nurseren. Oh god if only they had checked it earlier.
honestly I’m so invested in finding Andrew. I felt so silly putting his poster up in our A&E department but I’d never forgive myself if someone missed him.

I can recommend a good podcast with an interview from his Dad on, i still think of it now and it’s been 3 years.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
honestly I’m so invested in finding Andrew. I felt so silly putting his poster up in our A&E department but I’d never forgive myself if someone missed him.

I can recommend a good podcast with an interview from his Dad on, i still think of it now and it’s been 3 years.
Oh please don't feel silly for doing that. It was a lovely thing to do.

This is worth a watch.

in 2007 I was meeting friends off the internet; I was really into punk and metal but my friends weren’t. My parents were so liberal with this, but they would only agree if I gave them the persons number and asked to see a photo. In 2007 I was 22, so much older than Andrew but internet message boards were rife. I camped with a bunch of people from the internet at Reading!

it wasn’t tinder or Ig, but if you were into metal music it’s certain you were on K! or Metal Hammer.

I agree. I’m 31 and it was very common. There was definitely still a stigma around meeting up with people online but grooming did happen. Like on chat roulette where random men would be jacking off 🤢

• Sick
  • Wow
Definitely. I was 14 years old in 2007 chatting to random strangers (God knows who) every night on Habbo Hotel, MySpace, etc 🥴🥴
Yup, I was 15 in 2007 and remember planning to move from Scotland to Philidelphia for my Habbo Hotel boyfriend... My mum found out about it and hit the roof. 😳

Definitely possible he was groomed online.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.