Missing people or murder cases you want to be solved #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
elisa lam is a perfect case of occam’s razor to me - she hadn’t been taking her medication, had something of a mental break because of this (her behaviour in the lift etc), got onto the roof of the hotel and got disoriented. we’ll never know why she got in the water tank but i firmly believe she did it herself. incredibly sad, but i can’t see that anyone else was involved.

the netflix documentary about that case where they interviewed the web “detectives” showed the darker side of internet crime speculation imo. people lost all sense of boundaries because they wanted so badly for there to be more to the case than there actually was. especially with that one guy who visited her grave. it made me very uneasy.
Elisa was so obviously responding to internal stimuli ie experiencing auditory and possibly visual hallucinations. When you've seen it irl you recognise it.

Reactions: 8
elisa lam is a perfect case of occam’s razor to me - she hadn’t been taking her medication, had something of a mental break because of this (her behaviour in the lift etc), got onto the roof of the hotel and got disoriented. we’ll never know why she got in the water tank but i firmly believe she did it herself. incredibly sad, but i can’t see that anyone else was involved.

the netflix documentary about that case where they interviewed the web “detectives” showed the darker side of internet crime speculation imo. people lost all sense of boundaries because they wanted so badly for there to be more to the case than there actually was. especially with that one guy who visited her grave. it made me very uneasy.
Yes i agree with this re what happened to her. I would add that the Netflix programme about this was appallingly bad.

Reactions: 8
Yes i agree with this re what happened to her. I would add that the Netflix programme about this was appallingly bad.
oh it really was! i don’t know why i watched all of it (or how they managed to drag it out for so many episodes) - it just left me with a bad feeling in my mouth for how people wanted so much for something “more” to have happened to that poor girl, who was just going through something awful far away from her home. it was like they lost sight of her and were just focused on coming up with any number of ott theories.

Reactions: 6
Re Andrew Gosden (who I think about a lot)

one thing that makes my spine tingle is that in 2008 a man visited Leominster Police Station out of hours and said (via an intercom) he had information about Andrew but by the time an officer came out to speak to him the person had gone…
oh it really was! i don’t know why i watched all of it (or how they managed to drag it out for so many episodes) - it just left me with a bad feeling in my mouth for how people wanted so much for something “more” to have happened to that poor girl, who was just going through something awful far away from her home. it was like they lost sight of her and were just focused on coming up with any number of ott theories.
I think that sometimes people see crimes as entertainment and always want there to be something more to an unfortunately probable self inflicted situation.

Reactions: 9
I got obsessed with the Ruth Wilson case a few years ago. Although I think she is probably dead, I think there is a small possibility she is still alive, more so than many other cold cases.

It was hinted at in this documentary that all was not well at home, maybe more than the normal teenage rows with parents but not clear what that was.
I read a few years ago that during the search for Ruth they found empty paracetamol packets on the side of the road near to where she was last seen which could indicate a suicide? Also if I remember right not a lot of Box Hill was searched and when offered her father refused for an independent team to carry out a search which I think led to some people believing the father was implicated.

Reactions: 2
I just saw something about this little girl. Poor thing. I don’t know what happened, but I already know that many people failed her
I just came here to post about this. It’s so sad how many kids vanish, especially from the care system

Reactions: 3
They explained the whole case in less than 10 minutes on the last episode. Was a complete waste of time like most of the Netflix crime documentaries.

Reactions: 2
I just saw something about this little girl. Poor thing. I don’t know what happened, but I already know that many people failed her
The fact she hasn’t been reported missing for so long is heartbreaking.

I just read another article about how when she was taken into care with her little brother she did all his nappy changes and fed him as she was so protective over him, and how much the little brother has struggled without her now that he has been adopted. Apparently his new parents were told that she had been reunited with her biological dad.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
This is very sad for the family, I had been hoping for a happier outcome.

Poor little lamb, what a piece of tit the biological father looks.
Trigger warning- some descriptions of child abuse in this article.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
I would like to be wrong, but sure does seem like she’s been murdered by her family 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 5
That poor little girl, the description of the the punishments is just so upsetting. I can only imagine she was murdered at the hands of the person who should have been protecting her.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Just seen on the BBC news website that 2 men have been arrested in connection with the disappearance of Andrew Gosden.

• Wow
Reactions: 35
Oh my goodness, this is a big development after so many years of nothing.
I can't even imagine how the family must be feeling.

Reactions: 11
I can't believe this news - really hope something comes of it and they can get some closure on what happened to him. Sounds like they found photos? :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.