Missing Blogger Esther Dingley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find the silence really strange too. The family say they don't think she's had an accident, but I don't understand why there isn't more appeals for sightings or for information. Regardless of what they think has or hasn't happened, you think they'd be doing everything possible to try to locate her.

Edited to add... Unless the police have suggested not to appeal for information, but that poses a lot of questions as to why too.

Reactions: 7
I'm thinking they can't think it's an accident because they would surely have made a public statement saying it's not a criminal investigation anymore? Quite a lot of time has gone by now, don't they usually want to rule out any foul play pretty quickly?

Reactions: 5
Exactly , this would not be a criminal investigation if the police believe Esther had an accident . I agree with the poster above about the partner not using the website they shared to appeal to the public to help find his partner of 19 years that’s very strange

Reactions: 7
Just thinking about other people who have gone missing abroad in recent years - the family/partner proactively seeks publicity at every opportunity. So what has happened in this case to mean the opposite is happening, especially as we are talking about a couple who lived their lives online via their blog/social media? I do wonder (and I very much hope I am wrong) if it's come to light that Esther did disappear voluntarily and is no longer with us.

What’s happened to super sleuth Johara? He/she seemed to have all the answers

Reactions: 10
Long time lurker here.....
I've read through the thread and don't see this being mentioned, sorry if I've missed it and I'm repeating things. But does anybody else find it very strange that the couple's website is practically at a stand still, and there is absolutely no mention of Esther's disappearance? Surely the partner should be utilising any media space and spreading the word of her disappearance? I find that very odd. No body close to this woman seems to be doing much to keep her name in people's mouths....
That’s because she’s at a woman’s refuge in Spain. The refuge is not allowed to divulge the names of women who seek their safety. That’s why it’s gone quite. They family have been informed though, hence no need to keep it in the public domain.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
That’s because she’s at a woman’s refuge in Spain. The refuge is not allowed to divulge the names of women who seek their safety. That’s why it’s gone quite. They family have been informed though, hence no need to keep it in the public domain.
Please let this be the case

Reactions: 14
If this is the case (and I'm not saying I don't believe it. After all, it may well be true and you may have a connection to the situation that none of us do) wouldn't the refuge have disclosed this to the police? She would be recognisable with all the media interest. Surely they'd have needed to legally when it was deemed a criminal investigation?

In some ways I hope this is true. At least she is alive in this scenario.

Reactions: 12
I really really hope this is true.

Reactions: 12
Is this speculation or fact? I've been following this case but haven't seen anything reported in a while...

Reactions: 3
I hope to goodness this is true. What if she made her last contact and then took herself off safely somewhere to seek solace where it was safe. Best possible outcome.

Reactions: 4
And you know this how?

I'd take what "The_Investigator" says with a (large) pinch of salt, firstly he/she is a new member (that's not that persuasive), secondly (assuming they use the same name) that's not what they say over on WS, where they post quite a lot, thirdly (can't find this now) someone attributed the comment of ED having aspergers to him/her, fourthly how would they know AND PUBLISH this and fifthly they haven't responded (okay, yet). We'll see.

I think that we wont hear anymore about the source but it sounds convincing.
You would think they'd let LBT Global (missing persons) know so that they can remove it, wouldn't you? How long has she been there? one would assume from the start in which case the "refuge" has allowed SAR to waste time and risk lives, I'm not buying it.

Reactions: 11
I think that we wont hear anymore about the source but it sounds convincing.
Sounds convincing, but then it's easy to sound convincing on an internet forum. The truth is, anyone can log on here and say anything. I do find it a bit strange that someone with inside information would rock up on Tattle - but I guess stranger things have happened.

British media stopped reporting on this case (to my knowledge) around two weeks ago. I haven't seen anything since. You'd think a statement of some sort (however vague) would be released if Esther was safe? In any case, I would think the refuge would have informed the police who are investigating her disappearance.

Maybe this is true. Perhaps the poster is based in Spain/has local knowledge of the case. Who knows!

Reactions: 8
Is this speculation or fact? I've been following this case but haven't seen anything reported in a while...
Speculation.

Speculation.
All my comments are based on investigation of her and his books, poems, blog stories, in one blog she writes of the arguments in the motorhome where they have to apologise to the neighbouring motorhome owners for the shouting the previous day. All my speculations are based on what I have read from her and him. She had a link to Aspergers website that was named something like ‘unexpectedly autistic’. I think that was subsequently removed when DC cleaned up his and Her facebooks and his Instagram. To just show specific pictures but no access to posts or likes etc, ....he changed the social shopfronts of her life, post-disappearance,.. looks like a control thing, but that’s just my conclusion !, ha . Sorry this is a bit quick, but getting late here,... you can all read it yourself,.. the blog stories are long and there a loads of Utubes to watch also, which provide a lot of interesting inside,.....then you will see her behaviour and the autistics traits yourself,.. just look and investigated yourself, isn’t that what we are supposed to be doing anyway, not just believe what others say, use your own initiative and drawnyour own conclusions. Enough for today 😁 happy investigations.

Last edited:
Speculation.

All my comments are based on investigation of her and his books, poems, blog stories, in one blog she writes of the arguments in the motorhome where they have to apologise to the neighbouring motorhome owners for the shouting the previous day. All my speculations are based on what I have read from her and him. She had a link to Aspergers website that was named something like ‘unexpectedly autistic’. I think that was subsequently removed when DC cleaned up his and Her facebooks and his Instagram. To just show specific pictures but no access to posts or likes etc, ....he changed the social shopfronts of her life, post-disappearance,.. looks like a control thing, but that’s just my conclusion !, ha . Sorry this is a bit quick, but getting late here,... you can all read it yourself,.. the blog stories are long and there a loads of Utubes to watch also, which provide a lot of interesting inside,.....then you will see her behaviour and the autistics traits yourself,.. just look and investigated yourself, isn’t that what we are supposed to be doing anyway, not just believe what others say, use your own initiative and drawnyour own conclusions. Enough for today 😁 happy investigations.
Still doesn’t prove she’s in a women’s refuge??

Reactions: 9
I hope she is safe in a women’s refuge somewhat but there doesn’t seem to be any evidence of this what so ever.

Reactions: 8
It read as fact so it may have been best to put that it was speculation in the original post as it is quite unfair to people to say things as if they are the absolute truth when really you have no idea (despite how much you belive to be true) if I was in a refuge the last thing I'd want is for people to be sharing that I was in a refuge. I know there are no details and it's not a fact but if I was trying to get away from someone I wouldn't want any one to give that person ideas or places I may be 👀 it may make sense as to why there is such nothingness but I don't want to lead people to her door if she doesn't want to be found (I'd like to think this could be true!!)

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.