Missing Blogger Esther Dingley #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes you are right, I dont think we can rule out DC, but we cant rule out this guy in the red top either, or the guys she went rock climbing with on 15th november
This is interesting - so there were multiple people who knew that there was a lone female hiking around the wilderness. That’s quite chilling.

She was clearly on the solo trip that she kept extending to escape her life circumstances for whatever reason and so perhaps DC’s strange behaviour is all to do with the guilt he feels for her being driven to foolhardily hike solo in the mountains in winter with worn shoes and not enough resources to buy adequate food supplies or fuel for the camper. As I understand it she hitched to the mountains from where she parked the camper rather than drove herself. Maybe if her camper had been parked closer to the trail she would have just headed back there instead of carrying on towards her tragic fate.

Reactions: 3
- but I do know there's a 100% certainty he put a software program on her phone.
You don’t know this with 100% certainty, I can’t help but think this is all getting a bit far fetched. Are these increasingly elaborate theories going to continue forever as I can’t see anyone being arrested.
Dan’s a total dick - clear to see. The rest is speculation.

Reactions: 31
Warning: gruesome, shocking story.

........ not for sensitive readers....

8 years ago a woman hiker fell off a mountain in the Pyrenees. Vultures finished her 40-50 minutes after she fell.

Police found her very fast because so many vultures were on the scene.

But in Esther's case searchers saw NO vultures.

This shocking incident teaches us 2 things:

1. If he pushed her off, vultures would have taken 1hr to reduce her to bones.

2. He only alerted to her missing THREE days later. By which time the corpse is gone & vultures are gone.

3. Bones & clothes, TENT, POLES & 17 other missing items would be left. But those would be found by searchers. they have not been found.

I'm shocked to learn vultures end a person so fast. At first I thought maybe she did have an accident and end like this.

BUT if so where are the tent, poles etc x 18?

And why did dogs not scent her clothing at minimum?

And why did he not alert for 3 days??

And why did her phone never ping after 4pm 22 Nov despite her heading to good cell signal area?

You don’t know this with 100% certainty, I can’t help but think this is all getting a bit far fetched. Are these increasingly elaborate theories going to continue forever as I can’t see anyone being arrested.
Dan’s a total dick - clear to see. The rest is speculation.
He "set up her phone" as reported by media. What do those words mean to you?

When I buy a new phone I don't need people to "set it up"!

Set it up for what?

Reactions: 2
Yes!! The guy in the red top has still not been identified! He was with her on 19th November: "...and as this kind fellow hiker took some photos..." he took the photos of Esther.
I'm not sure where but I'm pretty sure I read he had come forward and been eliminated from enquiries.

Take us through your thinking a bit more so we can understand.
To be honest there is not much to take you through really, it's so far fetched a theory.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Warning: gruesome, shocking story.

........ not for sensitive readers....

8 years ago a woman hiker fell off a mountain in the Pyrenees. Vultures finished her 40-50 minutes after she fell.

Police found her very fast because so many vultures were on the scene.

But in Esther's case searchers saw NO vultures.

This shocking incident teaches us 2 things:

1. If he pushed her off, vultures would have taken 1hr to reduce her to bones.

2. He only alerted to her missing THREE days later. By which time the corpse is gone & vultures are gone.

3. Bones & clothes, TENT, POLES & 17 other missing items would be left. But those would be found by searchers. they have not been found.

I'm shocked to learn vultures end a person so fast. At first I thought maybe she did have an accident and end like this.

BUT if so where are the tent, poles etc x 18?

And why did dogs not scent her clothing at minimum?

And why did he not alert for 3 days??

And why did her phone never ping after 4pm 22 Nov despite her heading to good cell signal area?

He "set up her phone" as reported by media. What do those words mean to you?

When I buy a new phone I don't need people to "set it up"!

Set it up for what?
True that. What grown up needs a fellow grown up to set up their mobile phone? It's basic stuff

True that. What grown up needs a fellow grown up to set up their mobile phone? It's basic stuff
Unless the fellow grown up always takes charge of everything and tells you what is going to happen, until you’re so used to just agreeing and not questioning that you hand it over to them.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Just to go back to the theory that she died elsewhere & her bones were transported to the site, I really don’t think that is possible. Sorry if this is gruesome but I have often seen animals (lost sheep etc) that have decomposed after a period of months and there would be ligaments still on the bones. The smell would be gone but some ligaments take longer to decompose. Sorry again to mention this but the ligaments are nearly stringy and would be very tough. If vultures picked the bones clean and disordered them as has been suggested as a theory of why the forensics would not know the body was staged then this would be instantly clear. The bones would be extremely marked by their beaks. Also I have not noticed people discuss the weather conditions on the mountain. Colder temperatures play a part in decomposition rates.

Reactions: 7
My ex used to set up all my phones. I knew how to do it, but I think it’s pretty boring and he loved tech, so I just used to let him crack on and play with the new toy. Even now, when I buy a new phone, I delay setting it up for days because I find it such a boring task - would happily let someone else do it for me. I don’t think Dan setting up her phone is a red flag at all, and I think saying that there’s a 100% certainty he installed a spyware programme on it is just a bit far fetched to say the least.

At the end of the day, we won’t know anything unless/until the police release more information. These theories are all getting a bit more crazy by the day.

Reactions: 22
My husband always sets up my new phone. It’s a chore to me, but he bleeping loves that tit. Win-win!

Fairly sure after 18 yrs of knowing him that doing this isn’t an indicator that he’s a controlling, narcissistic murderer 🤷‍♀️ We both know the pin codes to our phones (just in case) so no need for spy-wear 🤣

Reactions: 9
I'm not sure where but I'm pretty sure I read he had come forward and been eliminated from enquiries.

To be honest there is not much to take you through really, it's so far fetched a theory.
Not sure how they can eliminate this guy knowing what we know now. Unless he has an alibi for the 22nd and possibly 23rd nov

Can you give us some links to verify all that? The media stated it is a Lanshun yellow tent so we looked at the reviews. One hiker reviewed it and said it was very waterproof, durable etc. Hikers replied, agreeing it's a very good product.
I would normally want to figure out who the reviewers are, where they camp, what kind of experience they have, etc. The devil is in the details. I always look at the NEGATIVE reviews, not the positive reviews. The positive reviews are often paid for out of PR budgets. You wanna gig making some extra money? You can get paid to pretend you're a real person and write reviews.

Here is a description of the appropriate kit for Pyrenees backpacking in mid November 2020. Note the MSR tent and the other PILES of bed-gear needed to survive a night: Pyrenees Backpacking Kit

Here is a tent set up for this area of the Pyrenees. It has two layers. One is red/white/mesh; it hangs underneath the poles. The other is green; it is siliconized nylon. It goes over the poles. Without the two layers, as well as some other key features, you get VERY wet. For instance, the siliconized nylon drips drips drips from the heat you put out; your sleeping bag gets drenched. Note also, the wind- and water-shedding shape. This is what is required for safe 3-season overnights in the Pyrenees, and all the more necessary above treeline.

Attachments

Reactions: 5
Not sure how they can eliminate this guy knowing what we know now. Unless he has an alibi for the 22nd and possibly 23rd nov
How do you mean "what we know now"? I'd imagine French police have checked all that out tbh, all the movements/alibis etc of all concerned etc.

Reactions: 7
Wouldn’t other hikers have noticed the vultures before she was reported missing if they swooped onto her body as quickly as the women in the other story?

Wouldn’t other hikers have noticed the vultures before she was reported missing if they swooped onto her body as quickly as the women in the other story?
I guess France and Spain were supposed to be in lockdown at the time, so there may not have been many hikers around. Also maybe people see vultures quite often in the area for animals, so they might not really have registered seeing them and didn't connect them with Esther's disappearance in hindsight?

I guess France and Spain were supposed to be in lockdown at the time, so there may not have been many hikers around. Also maybe people see vultures quite often in the area for animals, so they might not really have registered seeing them and didn't connect them with Esther's disappearance in hindsight?
I just wondered if it might have triggered a memory for other hikers.

The theories on here are mad.

The bloke didn't do it. He literally has an alibi. His card was used in several places and you can bet your bottom dollar they have CCTV to back his whereabouts up.

From a very small amount of info, some people have decided he's controlling, she's being abused, she's running away. There is no evidence they were unhappy except for a blog relating to something that happened ten years ago when the poor sod nearly died. It must have been an absolutely horrific time for both of them.

The pseudo psychology on here is beyond. There seems to be a lot of projecting.
The circumstances are very sad but realistically she had an accident. Her tent (if she had it with her) was probably ripped to shreds and has long since disintegrated.

Also forensic anthrologists are highly qualified. They would be able to tell if she died from anything other than an accident or if the bones had been moved.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Also, the weather worsened and it snowed, which would deter hikers as well as partially concealing the body.

I am sure the forensic examinations will demonstrate if the body was moved, and whether the death was caused by a fall. They will be looking at the ground where the body was found, for evidence of how it landed and how long it lay there.

The theories on here are mad.
I agree.

Also forensic anthrologists are highly qualified. They would be able to tell if she died from anything other than an accident or if the bones had been moved.
Yes, it seems a bit insulting to the French investigators to me all these suggestions about moving bones and staging it, like they'd be too stupid to be able to detect that.

Reactions: 13
I agree.

Yes, it seems a bit insulting to the French investigators to me all these suggestions about moving bones and staging it, like they'd be too stupid to be able to detect that.
To be honest I think it's clear to anyone with any sort of forensic or criminological qualifications that this was just to tragic accident.

Reactions: 8

There is no evidence they were unhappy except for a blog relating to something that happened ten years ago when the poor sod nearly died.
I tend to agree with most of what you are saying (i.e. it is highly unlikely that Mr. Colegate is involved in her death) but the statement above is just factually inaccurate - there is a ton of evidence that not only was the relationship dysfunctional but it was highly possible that it was coming to an end - including a witness who has stated as much shortly before her death !

Reactions: 8