Missing Blogger Esther Dingley #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Look at the list of missing items. All her clothes?
All of her clothes, her pack, her tent, her walking poles, her phone ... in fact everything she had with her was missing because her body had not yet been found when that article was written!
If you study the list of items missing it is CLEAR this was no accident. So say the cops
No they don't. At the time that article was written, the procureur leading the inquiry said "we are not closing the door to any hypothesis". He has since said "It was very, very certainly a fall" and "The place of discovery and the configuration of the site suggest very clearly that this was an accident".

Reactions: 2
I believe this was before her body was found.
There are still many items missing.

The Sun's list is faulty as they did subsequently find her phone. But it's not just the tent that's missing.

I wish they'd put out an updated list.

All of her clothes, her pack, her tent, her walking poles, her phone ... in fact everything she had with her was missing because her body had not yet been found when that article was written!

No they don't. At the time that article was written, the procureur leading the inquiry said "we are not closing the door to any hypothesis". He has since said "It was very, very certainly a fall" and "The place of discovery and the configuration of the site suggest very clearly that this was an accident".

Incorrect.

AFTER finding the body:

"Missing equipment includes Esther’s bright yellow Lanshun ½ Ultralight tent, which has always been considered crucial to solving the mystery, because of forensic clues it is likely to yield.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I imagine it was considered crucial before her body was found. Now they have her body, and all the items scattered near it, to check forensically.

Could you be clearer about what you're saying is incorrect in what I wrote?

The article you cited was written before her body was found.

The police have never said it's clear that this was no accident.

Many? How do you know?

Check out the later article I posted above when the body was found.

Plural: they state "includes".

Other reports have stated 18 items are missing. Subsequent to that they found some more but not all!

The reason you are confused is because they have not released an updated list.

Anything from fewer than 18 to ? Nobody is saying.

Last edited:
Plural: they state "includes".
Yes, but they don't say "many". You did.
Other reports have stated 18 items are missing. Subsequent to that they found some more but not all!
Could you point me to articles that suggest more of her equipment has been found subsequent to the first discovery? I haven't seen any.
The reason you are confused is because they have not released an updated list.
I'm not confused at all. The French report I posted earlier says that only her tent is still missing. I dont give that much more credence than I give any other report, but at least it should be free from faults of mistranslation.

It he was suddenly spending daily when usually he didn’t then that would flag up. He doesn’t strike me as the type to spend money on the regular.

I’m not convinced he killed her. I’m not convinced it was an accident either.
I agree with you @PineappleQueen19. After 9 months of analyzing the cacophony of public facts, we have each likely assigned probabilities as to why Esther sadly died last November. For me, they are murder at 10%, accident at 30% and suicide at 60%. In fact, my suicide theory has strengthened recently. While new to Tattle, I've read every post here from #1 in Thread #1 and been entrenched with analyzing data on WS since early December.

That said, I have two scenarios rumbling around in my mind, based on the facts we have so far. The second, mind you, has a bunch of speculation thanks to what you all have been discussing here on Tattle - many similar thoughts I only shared privately since they were unspeakable on WS.

1. Suicide with Post Mortem Fall: Esther found a secluded niche on the rocky French side of the pic de le glere ridge ("dipped into France"), and quietly passed away by her chosen method, perhaps presuming she might never be found and could finally rest in peace. But with overwintering, snow and ice melt, scavenging animals, body decomposition, wind, shifting or falling rocks and sediment, Esther's body and kit fell post mortem. This NIH article tells me forensics may (or may not) be able to decipher if this happened: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6474516/

2. Suicide with Post Mortem Tampering: Dan found Esther early in his search process and determined she committed suicide (see scenario #1). Perhaps he found her before the BBC breakfast interview (hence the past tense statements and dossier eulogy) or perhaps before he reported her missing if he had first gone to the area to look for her (hence his direction to search an anti-clockwise loop). When he found her, Dan did not report because that would destroy their 'brand', his future revenue opportunity, and perhaps even negate a life insurance claim. So he methodically concocted a plan and carefully staged Esther's death to be an accident (possibly removing any evidence of suicide such as a note and empty pill bottle, changed clothing if bloodied, removed micro-spikes, etc.). Dan then pushed Esther's remains and her stuff down the slope (likely soon after he found her) to mimic a fall. He then controlled the narrative incessantly with the assistance of LBT Global, including how easy the hike was and Esther's vast experience and preparation (possibly for life insurance purposes). When the time was 'right', Dan moved a piece of Esther's skull and two animal bones he'd found to near a port de le glere trail to stage an animal scavenging scene and initiate the 'random' discovery Esther had perished. Once the skull was confirmed to be Esther's, Dan finally more thoroughly searches the port and pic de la glere area (where, BTW, Esther said she'd be 23/11) and the hero finds her.

Reactions: 5
I agree with you @PineappleQueen19. After 9 months of analyzing the cacophony of public facts, we have each likely assigned probabilities as to why Esther sadly died last November. For me, they are murder at 10%, accident at 30% and suicide at 60%. In fact, my suicide theory has strengthened recently. While new to Tattle, I've read every post here from #1 in Thread #1 and been entrenched with analyzing data on WS since early December.

That said, I have two scenarios rumbling around in my mind, based on the facts we have so far. The second, mind you, has a bunch of speculation thanks to what you all have been discussing here on Tattle - many similar thoughts I only shared privately since they were unspeakable on WS.

1. Suicide with Post Mortem Fall: Esther found a secluded niche on the rocky French side of the pic de le glere ridge ("dipped into France"), and quietly passed away by her chosen method, perhaps presuming she might never be found and could finally rest in peace. But with overwintering, snow and ice melt, scavenging animals, body decomposition, wind, shifting or falling rocks and sediment, Esther's body and kit fell post mortem. This NIH article tells me forensics may (or may not) be able to decipher if this happened: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6474516/

2. Suicide with Post Mortem Tampering: Dan found Esther early in his search process and determined she committed suicide (see scenario #1). Perhaps he found her before the BBC breakfast interview (hence the past tense statements and dossier eulogy) or perhaps before he reported her missing if he had first gone to the area to look for her (hence his direction to search an anti-clockwise loop). When he found her, Dan did not report because that would destroy their 'brand', his future revenue opportunity, and perhaps even negate a life insurance claim. So he methodically concocted a plan and carefully staged Esther's death to be an accident (possibly removing any evidence of suicide such as a note and empty pill bottle, changed clothing if bloodied, removed micro-spikes, etc.). Dan then pushed Esther's remains and her stuff down the slope (likely soon after he found her) to mimic a fall. He then controlled the narrative incessantly with the assistance of LBT Global, including how easy the hike was and Esther's vast experience and preparation (possibly for life insurance purposes). When the time was 'right', Dan moved a piece of Esther's skull and two animal bones he'd found to near a port de le glere trail to stage an animal scavenging scene and initiate the 'random' discovery Esther had perished. Once the skull was confirmed to be Esther's, Dan finally more thoroughly searches the port and pic de la glere area (where, BTW, Esther said she'd be 23/11) and the hero finds her.

Esther wasn't a weak person according to those who knew her.

She was also unlikely to hurt her loved ones or act irresponsibly according to those who knew her.

She was celebrating her self sufficiency and independence. See her snail posts.

I agree with no.2. All fits. Very nice conclusion.

She was also unlikely to hurt her loved ones or act irresponsibly according to those who knew her.

She was celebrating her self sufficiency and independence. See her snail posts.
Yeh, but coercive control finally took its toll?

This is very well considered, thank you for sharing your thoughts. Welcome to Tattle. There’s a lot I agree with. The removal of a note in order to take control is a very interesting possibility.

As as separate point (ie nothing in your post @MourningDove ), it’s not a weakness to end or want to end your life, I resent that association. We have no idea the demons a person is battling minute by minute of every day and it’s not weakness to want it over. There’s only so much a person can take. It’s a fallacy that a so-called ‘strong’ person wouldn’t end their life.

Despair can set in very quickly no matter how upbeat a person may seem. It can go in cycles as well. Add a potential situation of a long term abusive (coercive control and/or otherwise) partner you are trying to leave, with the layers of keeping their secrets, the guilt, shame, low confidence… it doesn’t bear thinking about. Being a victim of coercive control is physically, mentally and emotionally exhausting apart from anything else. The exhaustion is all encompassing and you do just get to the point where you want it all to go away. Of course they want you exhausted to keep you from leaving. It’s not weakness to not see a way forward in that situation. And unfortunately sometimes people in that situation have limited capacity to think of loved ones or might even think they are doing family a kindness by taking themselves out of the equation.

The guy makes all the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. That still doesn’t make him a murderer though.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

She was also unlikely to hurt her loved ones or act irresponsibly according to those who knew her. She was celebrating her self sufficiency and independence. See her snail posts.
Hi @SummerSky. I am not here to ask anyone to adopt my conclusions about dear Esther's death. I have dissected nearly every available fact in this case and drawn my own conclusions. As have you and others here. But given your statements above I suggest you may learn more about suicide.

I have lost several friends to suicide over my many decades. The first was a 10 year old friend in fifth grade. None of my friends who committed suicide were weak, none were selfish, and all their deaths were a surprise. The common denominator is they have kind and sensitive souls.

Here are some brief but informative articles from national and international government organizations about suicide you may find interesting.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9

Either of these scenarios are much much more likely than the outlandish theories of premeditated murder and moving bones around the mountains. I’ve felt from the start that suicide was the most likely explanation and I do agree that DC may have known about it much earlier than when Esther was found. I really hope that wasn’t the case though as what kind of monster would put someone’s parents through all those months of fear and uncertainty.

I only trust the opinions of Esther's mother, the police and her friends about her mental strength.

Reactions: 4
I think anyone strong or otherwise could be made to feel suicidal if a high profile national media outfit (BBC in this case) published an article tying them pretty irrevocably to a coercive controller they really weren't happy with, and perhaps had only just fully come to terms with that realisation. Possibly (the article) without their full consent either (we don't know if Esther really wanted the article, although she was clearly involved - but perhaps DC kept her in the dark as to timing, and it caught her totally unawares.) The article coming out on the day she disappears has to be more than just an eerie coincidence.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think anyone strong or otherwise could be made to feel suicidal if a high profile national media outfit (BBC in this case) published an article tying them pretty irrevocably to a coercive controller they really weren't happy with, and perhaps had only just fully come to terms with that realisation. Possibly (the article) without their full consent either (we don't know if Esther really wanted the article, although she was clearly involved - but perhaps DC kept her in the dark as to timing, and it caught her totally unawares.) The article coming out on the day she disappears has to be more than just an eerie coincidence.
That is a really interesting observation that I hadn't noticed... she disappears literally on THE SAME DAY that the BBC article gets published. Blimey.

Reactions: 7
Just maybe all the messages Esther was recieving from Dan were about the fallout from the BBC article. Just maybe this was all so overwhelming for her, and perhaps for him too. Perhaps this sense of overwhelming directly or indirectly led to this event, whether it was an accident, suicide or murder. Perhaps we will never know. Perhaps we will figure this out or new evidence will come to light...

Just maybe all the messages Esther was recieving from Dan were about the fallout from the BBC article. Just maybe this was all so overwhelming for her, and perhaps for him too. Perhaps this sense of overwhelming directly or indirectly led to this event, whether it was an accident, suicide or murder. Perhaps we will never know. Perhaps we will figure this out or new evidence will come to light...
Has anyone got a link to this article please?

Reactions: 1
I think you have to read between the lines in their statements. They were quite forward in emphasizing how the bones just kinda magically appeared when they weren't there before.
That was in reference to the skull fragment not the rest of the remains that were being discussed above, and I don't think there was any official statement about magic being involved, just that it probably hadn't been there a long time being as it was found near a popular path. I think you have to read the lines, not in between.

Could you point me to articles that suggest more of her equipment has been found subsequent to the first discovery? I haven't seen any.
That's because there aren't any.

Last edited: