Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
On TikTok Gen-Z absolutely rip the piss out of millennials.

Saying all we talk about is “adulting” and buying houseplants and that we’re obsessed with which Hogwarts house we belong to. I cannot relate to any of those :ROFLMAO:

But I can relate to probably never being able to afford a mortgage and my grandparents rubbing it in that they bought their terraced house for £2K in the 60’s 🤡
Eventually it’ll be their turn to have the piss ripped out of them. It’s a rite of passage at this point, each generation rips the piss out of the previous one. You gotta laugh really, humans are an odd species😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9

The212

Guess what Gen Z…. I LOVE MY SKINNY JEANS AND SIDE PART!! Skinny jeans make my legs look good.
Stop telling people to have a middle part and baggy jeans with a crop top.. I don’t want to look 15 I want to look 32.

Thanks besties ✌🏻
I just saw an article on my local news fb page. It was pictures of students out in our city over the weekend, the pictures genuinely looked like they were taken in 2004!! Why are Gen Z trying to bring back 00’s fashion?? 😭

• Haha
  • Sad

Doc

VIP Member
Born in 2000 and mostly am grateful to be born at a time where there has been a lot of progression in peoples rights
I think it’s interesting - I was born 84 so just fall into millennials, but I would say identity politics has made things regressive and divisive!

Sprezza

VIP Member
I was born in 96 and I don't know if I'm a millennial or gen-z. I feel like a baby compared with older millennials but like a granny to gen-z 😅

• Haha
  • Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
Jacqueline Wilson books were the best, I’ve actually re read some as an adult and they really hold up. I think when I have kids I’d let them read them when they were old enough - definitely gave me an insight into different family situations.

Double Act and Lola Rose were my fave though both quite sad. Also Midnight. I used to love colouring in the illustrations by nick sharratt in gel pen 😂🙈 (scented, obvs)

• Heart

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Same here. There was a time when £10k would have been a big enough deposit where I live to buy a 1-bed flat. By the time I'd saved that, the 1-bed flats had increased so much in price that £10k was no longer enough. Now that a 1-bed flat is no longer big enough because I work from home, I'd need a 2-bed place & that's waaaaaayyyy out of my price range unless I somehow get a £100k deposit. So I've pretty much abandoned the idea of trying to buy my own home, unless I can move to a different part of the country... if my partner wants a long distance relationship or if we split up!
That’s exactly it. As soon as you have enough the goal posts move! I didn’t make the best financial decisions in my late teens and early 20’s and I regret it now because that obviously hasn’t helped. But on the other hand my parents bought a normal sized 3 bed house in the late 90’s for £66k and it’s value has gone up by over 300% since then. It’s nuts.

• Heart
  • Sad

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Same as my parents! Bought their first house for £11k. The house they live in now was bought in 1990 for £33k. It’s now worth nearly £270k 😭
My mum and dad bought in 1997 for £180k it is now worth £975k 😩 it is painful. And my mum says at the time they really pushed themselves for a mortgage too!

When they got married my dad put their bands on the credit card, it took her 2 years to pay off £60 as they had one wage of £250 a month as my dad was a student! It’s crazy.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8

Lola UK

VIP Member
Does anyone remember zzzzap? I remember it used to be on just as I had to leave for swimming lessons and 6 year old me was always fuming about it 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

ChampagneBox

VIP Member
Oh my god this thread is giving me life!!! 😂😂 aww and making me a bit emotional 🥺 why can’t life be that simple again hahahaha

tv shows:

the queens nose
Bernards watch
The wild house
Anyone else remember the cartoon Jackie Chan series???

• Heart

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
Born late 80s. I feel like people my age had it best. A mainly technology free childhood, mobiles starting to creep in during our early teens and then the rise of social media in our late teens.
I was in year 8 when the rich boy in my class got the first mobile out of all of us.

On TikTok Gen-Z absolutely rip the piss out of millennials.

Saying all we talk about is “adulting” and buying houseplants and that we’re obsessed with which Hogwarts house we belong to. I cannot relate to any of those :ROFLMAO:

But I can relate to probably never being able to afford a mortgage and my grandparents rubbing it in that they bought their terraced house for £2K in the 60’s 🤡

• Heart
  • Haha

sleepflowers

VIP Member
My sister was born in 96 and I find it hard to include her in the millennial group! There's so many things she has no clue about that were pivotal to me growing up.

Warpaint

VIP Member
With HP I was the perfect age for the books as the first one came out when I was 7. They were a great part of childhood reading. However it didn't carry on into adult life. The films for the most part were very meh. First one probably captured the spirit best.

HelloStereo

VIP Member
The phone thing is interesting. I remember seeing adults with mobile phones occasionally in around 1998, but people my age started getting them in late 1999/2000 when we were 16 / 17. Like 1 person from school had a mobile before our gcse exams ( and someone was jealous so they brought their dad's old one in that didn't work).

I wonder it was only acceptable need a phone around that age. Like we were out and about away from home and getting in touch was beneficial.

Do you remember when they did become more popular and you could buy custom ringtones from famous songs online for £1 or so?

CosmicCreepers

Chatty Member
Born in 2000 and mostly am grateful to be born at a time where there has been a lot of progression in peoples rights but also sad we are living in a time where most people don’t talk anymore, and seem to care more about what people think about them on social media. I do love the internet for the fact it’s helped me make lifelong friends and has helped me learn so much more about things. However I do feel that nowadays it’s used for so much negativity which is hard to avoid.

I think I was the last generation to grow up without social media, I think I was 4 when Facebook was made but it wasn’t a massive thing until about 2008 onwards. I had a VCR until I was 11 and got my first phone at 13/14 and even then it was a very basic mobile. I worry a lot for the younger generations because they don’t have a chance to grow up now without social media unless they actively try and avoid it.

Reactions: 7