Millennials

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’re a deeply misunderstood bunch. Let’s talk about what it means to be a millennial.

I’ll go first: I’m going to get my teeth professionally cleaned for the first time in 7 years thanks to the magic of Groupon. Your turn!

ETA - I’m a fanatic when it comes to brushing my teeth. I feel like that shouldn’t go unmentioned.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I personally think at this rate I'll be able to buy my own home on my own in my late 30/ early 40s. 🤪

(London prices)

I love this song by the wonderful Conan even though he's only 7 years younger then me:

"Talk about how fast we grew
And all the big dreams that we won't pursue
Then get in your car and laugh 'til we both turn blue '
Cause we are the helpless, selfish, one of a kind Millennium kids, that all wanna die
Walking in the street with no light inside our eyes
We are the worthless, cursed with too much time
We get into trouble and lose our minds "

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I personally think at this rate I'll be able to buy my own home on my own in my late 30/ early 40s. 🤪

(London prices)
I know 😂 When that happens for me I’m going to insist that people call me baroness 🤪

I love this song by the wonderful Conan even though he's only 7 years younger then me:

He speaks for me 🙌

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I feel like I can’t keep up with house prices and that we will never be able to save enough to buy off our own back. I’ve basically given up on the idea, inheritance is our only hope and that is never a guarantee.

Also feel like it’s impossible to keep up with all the things you need to save for. Trying to save up for a house deposit whilst also trying to ensure you have a decent pension is almost impossible and leaves little room for anything fun in life. Meanwhile the cost of everything is increasing and wages stay the same.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Also feel like it’s impossible to keep up with all the things you need to save for. Trying to save up for a house deposit whilst also trying to ensure you have a decent pension is almost impossible and leaves little room for anything fun in life. Meanwhile the cost of everything is increasing and wages stay the same.
1000% yes! Oh, and we all get labeled communists for demanding things change

• Heart
I feel like I can’t keep up with house prices and that we will never be able to save enough to buy off our own back. I’ve basically given up on the idea, inheritance is our only hope and that is never a guarantee.

Same here. There was a time when £10k would have been a big enough deposit where I live to buy a 1-bed flat. By the time I'd saved that, the 1-bed flats had increased so much in price that £10k was no longer enough. Now that a 1-bed flat is no longer big enough because I work from home, I'd need a 2-bed place & that's waaaaaayyyy out of my price range unless I somehow get a £100k deposit. So I've pretty much abandoned the idea of trying to buy my own home, unless I can move to a different part of the country... if my partner wants a long distance relationship or if we split up!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Same here. There was a time when £10k would have been a big enough deposit where I live to buy a 1-bed flat. By the time I'd saved that, the 1-bed flats had increased so much in price that £10k was no longer enough. Now that a 1-bed flat is no longer big enough because I work from home, I'd need a 2-bed place & that's waaaaaayyyy out of my price range unless I somehow get a £100k deposit. So I've pretty much abandoned the idea of trying to buy my own home, unless I can move to a different part of the country... if my partner wants a long distance relationship or if we split up!
That’s exactly it. As soon as you have enough the goal posts move! I didn’t make the best financial decisions in my late teens and early 20’s and I regret it now because that obviously hasn’t helped. But on the other hand my parents bought a normal sized 3 bed house in the late 90’s for £66k and it’s value has gone up by over 300% since then. It’s nuts.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I can’t buy a new car because I need to buy a house, but I can’t buy a house because I am single and being priced out of the area. And if I buy a new car it will eat too much into my deposit. Living with my parents for ever!

• Heart
I’m a 80s baby and I can’t relate to anything Millennial. I think that makes me a super millennial because I’ve not just been rejected by society as a whole, but I’m rejected by my own kind as well 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I can’t buy a new car because I need to buy a house, but I can’t buy a house because I am single and being priced out of the area. And if I buy a new car it will eat too much into my deposit. Living with my parents for ever!
It might sound strange but multigenerational homes are super common in Asian families. It can work if the house is big enough and not every one is insane. At one point there were 16 of us all living together in a 8 bed house. My grandparents, my 4 cousins, their two parents, another aunt and cousin. We had two kitchens though and bills were split three ways so it was cheaper overall.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
I’m a 80s baby and I can’t relate to anything Millennial. I think that makes me a super millennial because I’ve not just been rejected by society as a whole, but I’m rejected by my own kind as well 😆
I’m also an 80s baby and only just make it into the millennial bracket (1982)! I’m almost 40 and still don’t own my own house thanks to years of bad financial decisions. God I wish I’d listened to my parents in my early 20s!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I’m also an 80s baby and only just make it into the millennial bracket (1982)! I’m almost 40 and still don’t own my own house thanks to years of bad financial decisions. God I wish I’d listened to my parents in my early 20s!
I'm also an 80s baby and sadly my mother had no financial sense whatsoever so I guess I'm doomed! It was nice to grow up without the Internet, tho...

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hahahah this is not the direction I thought we would be headed but fair enough!! 🥑

• Haha
Reactions: 3