Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gossipgirl92

Chatty Member
Also suffer with chronic migraine. Currently receiving Botox to help prevent. Waiting to try the new calcitonin(?) injection.
People who think it’s “just a headache” have no idea! I can function with a headache.
Did you find the Botox injection helped? I was considering this!

theghosttown

VIP Member
It is normal and quite a common side effect when taking it, do you have tablet or spray form?
Tablet form! I could feel one coming in so took one straight away. I don’t really get pain from my migraines, mine are aura ones. I end up almost blind in one eye when they are bad.

ETA - I actually think I took it too quickly. I took it at the warning rather than when it really kicked in.

Bwacac

Chatty Member
I’ve tried the aspirin thing this morning and it’s definitely taken the edge off! Thank you for sharing this! 💗
Brilliant news. I’m so glad it’s helped. Makes it much more bearable I find and sometimes can even get on with doing stuff as if you’ve got children and things you need to. Where as the migraine pain or strong medication leaves me unable to do anything. X

101d

VIP Member
Been really struggling with migraines of late. I’ve had 4 in the last 7 weeks. I’ve taken sumatriptan for the first time today and it’s made me feel super sick but also very weirdly spaced out and...high. Is this normal?!
Hi, can you let me know where you get this? Is it from the pharmacy or prescribed? Hope you feel better

IndigoViolet

Also suffer with chronic migraine. Currently receiving Botox to help prevent. Waiting to try the new calcitonin(?) injection.
People who think it’s “just a headache” have no idea! I can function with a headache.

Countrybumpkingirl

Chatty Member
Sorry but that is incredibly dangerous to order prescription medication online without having seen a GP first. This medication is not safe for everyone.
To the OP asking about it, please speak to your GP first.

karenjet

VIP Member
I’m being tortured with migraines at the minute. I realised a couple of months ago that eggs were triggering migraines with me. I’d eat them and next day I would have a migraine.

I could still eat foods with eggs in them, like mayonnaise, without a problem. But now that’s getting worse. I had some coleslaw at lunch time the other day and in 4 hours I had a killer migraine. Auras, vomiting, the heap.

Luckily, the sumitriptan I’m prescribed does kill them. But my doctor only gives me 6 50mg a month, and I need to take 2 to kill it. Then they make me feel like drunk for the full day.

I know there are egg-free, vegan alternatives to most things now. But does anyone know if there’s a medication that helps prevent migraines coming from food triggers? It’s surprising how many things contain eggs when you start looking! Maybe a food supplement that would help?

I don’t want to bother my gp at the minute with everything going on. It isn’t urgent. I’m just looking for some advice from anybody that might be the same?

I feel your pain, I've suffered with migraines since teenage years and now I'm in my late thirties. I have been prescribed amitriptyline and take naratriptan when I feel a migraine attack coming... Usually see visual lights and start feeling sick. I was prescribed short term antisickness tablets but was told you can't take them longterm as they interfere with the heart. I do find the pink migraleve u can buy from the chemist work brilliantly and keeping a food diary to hopefully find out your triggers sometimes helps.