Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

KfBr

VIP Member
Brilliant news. I’m so glad it’s helped. Makes it much more bearable I find and sometimes can even get on with doing stuff as if you’ve got children and things you need to. Where as the migraine pain or strong medication leaves me unable to do anything. X
It’s definitely made it more manageable and I’m up and able to do more than I normally can when I have one! Felt like I’d been beaten over the head last night 😭🥴 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1

101d

VIP Member
I'm bringing this thread back to life!

I have always suffered with migraines, more now than ever. Particularly when the weather is bad. They usually come on in the middle of the night. Paracetamols do not help and I get very nauseous.

Anyway I have finally gotten a doctors appointment via phone call and was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to get some sort of medication for this.

blackmasque

I think I may fall into the same category as you. It’s the first time I have taken one and it absolutely did me in today. Awful Nausea, dry mouth, headache and head pressure, pressure in my neck and chest and weirdly I couldn’t regulate my body temperature. On top of this I have been completely spun out. Won’t take one again after this.

As this is about my 5th migraine in about 6 weeks I think I’m going to be referred to a headache clinic. Is this how you were able to get these shots? It’s frustrating as I can go for a year without one and then they just will randomly come but I’ve never had this frequency. I am lucky in as far as I don’t really suffer from pain with my migraines but I get terrible aura migraines. I get the typical flashing lights, black spots and swirling which largely affects my left eye and can make me virtually blind in one eye. With that I then feel absolutely knackered and just flat! It’s really shit. I have a hour commute to each way with my job going forward and it makes me so nervous as when I get these aura migraines I can’t drive!
I feel you 100% 2019 I started getting migraines with aura and it was awful. It would start as shadows in my vision then next thing you know I couldn't see at all. I got the prescription for the ajovy injections from my neurologist and have them delivered to my house through the pharmacy. My husband puts them in my arm for me, I can't bear to look at needles lol.

cedarpeach

I used to have the most horrific migraines several years ago. I tried sumitripan but it didn’t work for me. The only thing that helped was high dose ibuprofen (4 tablets as soon as I felt a migraine coming) and an anti-sickness nasal spray.

As for food, there are heaps of vegan alternatives to egg based foods. Maybe try the health food stores?

best of luck. My migraines were the worst pain I’ve ever experienced. I think if someone had offered to chop off my head while I was in the midst of an attack I’d have said yes!

theghosttown

VIP Member
Been really struggling with migraines of late. I’ve had 4 in the last 7 weeks. I’ve taken sumatriptan for the first time today and it’s made me feel super sick but also very weirdly spaced out and...high. Is this normal?!

bolimepipi

VIP Member
Me again! Doctors have referred me to neurology and switched my sumatriptan to a nasal version which should help.

Has anyone ever been referred to neurology / headache clinic and can tell me what to expect?
i was! sorry i have been to so many different clinics so i don't remember which is from neurology and which from otorhinolaryngology, but they told me it was a few different issues, with sinuses, my nose, some foreign body above my sinuses, allergies, stress, etc.
the neurologist i believe sent me to do an eeg and saw that i had right hemispheric epilepsy, i didn't have seizures but instead of that migraines (alongisde fainting often and insomnia), and he put me on antiepileptics for over a year. this made me lose a lot of weight and A LOT of hair which i never grew back. as soon as i stopped taking the antiepileptics, the migraines came back so they didn't properly treat them but only supressed them. so my main tip would be not to immediately start taking whatever they prescribe you if they do, but definitely look for a second opinion first

theghosttown

VIP Member
Me again! Doctors have referred me to neurology and switched my sumatriptan to a nasal version which should help.

Has anyone ever been referred to neurology / headache clinic and can tell me what to expect?

KfBr

VIP Member
Just wanted to follow this thread as I suffer badly with food triggered migraines too! I can’t eat white bread/certain breads, fresh orange juice, KFC (oh well😂), too much cheese and I never used to able to eat chocolate!

It’s mainly the bread that’s the worst as I’ve got older so I just a avoid massively!!
It’s literally the worst thing ever and nothing touches it! Sometimes for days on end so I feel your pain 100%!

I’ve tried tiger balm recently and that takes the slight edge off for 10 mins. I try to catch it before it becomes full blown but it can happen very suddenly! They even wake me up in the middle of the night 😖

Hopefully a fellow tattler can help us! 💗

IndigoViolet

Botox definitely helped in terms of reducing frequency and severity of the migraines. Interestingly I get a nosebleed just before a migraine and this goes away with the Botox.
It’s worth a try. Speak to your neurologist.

Countrybumpkingirl

Chatty Member
Been really struggling with migraines of late. I’ve had 4 in the last 7 weeks. I’ve taken sumatriptan for the first time today and it’s made me feel super sick but also very weirdly spaced out and...high. Is this normal?!
Yup. I find if I have ever had paracetamol at same time room spins.

I am suffering from daily headaches at the moment with occasional migraines. But I am currently waiting on a diagnosis for condition of which chronic headaches are a side effect. I also had viral meningitis 5 months ago and could be lasting impact

HankMcPrank

VIP Member
I had a subway st lunch, came home had a headache. Worked through it, now have a migraine & i’m in so much pain. Can not describe.

theghosttown

VIP Member
Yup. I find if I have ever had paracetamol at same time room spins.

I am suffering from daily headaches at the moment with occasional migraines. But I am currently waiting on a diagnosis for condition of which chronic headaches are a side effect. I also had viral meningitis 5 months ago and could be lasting impact
I actually feel horrendous after taking this. Really weird pressure in my chest and head. Have a call with my doctor on weds regarding a separate issue so will tell him!

theghosttown

VIP Member
I can't take triptans, they make me extremely ill. The most effective treatment for me has been a monthly monoclonal antibody injection (ajovy) and 91 day cycle combination birth control pill. I've been migraine free for a year now which has honestly saved my life because of how severe, disabling and neverending & chronic my migraines are without treatment.

I had pharmacokinetic genetic testing done which helped my neurologist figure out treatment options. It's been a huge help with my other doctors as well, for other conditions; I highly recommend it if you can get it done.
I think I may fall into the same category as you. It’s the first time I have taken one and it absolutely did me in today. Awful Nausea, dry mouth, headache and head pressure, pressure in my neck and chest and weirdly I couldn’t regulate my body temperature. On top of this I have been completely spun out. Won’t take one again after this.

As this is about my 5th migraine in about 6 weeks I think I’m going to be referred to a headache clinic. Is this how you were able to get these shots? It’s frustrating as I can go for a year without one and then they just will randomly come but I’ve never had this frequency. I am lucky in as far as I don’t really suffer from pain with my migraines but I get terrible aura migraines. I get the typical flashing lights, black spots and swirling which largely affects my left eye and can make me virtually blind in one eye. With that I then feel absolutely knackered and just flat! It’s really shit. I have a hour commute to each way with my job going forward and it makes me so nervous as when I get these aura migraines I can’t drive!

Tor88

I’ve suffered for 12 years with migraines. They were now and again, then ended up being 3 or more a week. I tried everything to solve it but went to my go. There’s no trigger for me, I think it may be linked to my hyper mobility but the Go first gave me amitriptyline. I stuck it for 2 months but was so spaced out we switched to propanalol and this works! I still get migraines but now as frequently. I find two paracetamol, 2 ibuprofen lysine (342mg I think usually sole as supermarkets rapid relief or migraine relief and cheaper than neurofen) and a drink with caffeine (coke usually) will get rid of it within half hour and if it’s super bad will dull it down so I can deal with it.

TheWitchIsBack

VIP Member
I too suffer from hormonal migraines and 3 months ago I saw a neurologist. He recommended the B2 vitamin Riboflavin. I take 400mg every morning and have already noticed a difference in frequency and severity. He also suggested Asprin at the first sign of an attack. Good luck 🤞
I am definitely going to get this if it’s reduced frequency! That’s fab thank you x

Web30

VIP Member
I had never had a migraine untill I had my daugther, lucky they aren't that often but they do make me throw up which is the worst part for me. Always know when ones starting as I suddenly loose all energy then it hits. No ideas what triggers it!