Michael Mosley

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think he probably said that because he’s aware people are speculating Michael might have decided to disappear so he was getting ahead to say there was no indication of that without saying it explicitly. People know what it means
This article was years old not recent
Edit - you are talking about his brother, my bad. Yes I think so.

Reactions: 2

He said in an article many years ago he always saw the bad side of things. I wonder if there is any history of depression. I did find it odd that his brother said he was ‘ in good spirits ‘ when he spoke to him before his holiday. Strange choice of words and to me suggesting that this wasn’t always the case.
Not suggesting anything sinister has happened but it’s another angle I guess. I truly hope that’s not the case.
An interesting fact many don't know about depression is that a lot of sufferers perk up and appear much happier in the weeks or days leading up to their final act. Not suggesting it's related to this case in any way, but it's an important thing to know on a personal level and to spot the signs in your loved ones as well. It's because that once they finally make the decision, they see an end to their suffering. Many people act unusually buoyant and might start giving away their possessions. Others give the impression they've turned the corner but only because they've already made up their mind and are busy planning or re-planning the details in their head.

Being in good spirits generally has zero correlation to the severity of someone's MH issues. Only their closest relatives or therapist can judge whether they're truly at risk of dangerous behaviour.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
It’s very sad that someone who has been so much in the public eye ‘pushing’ a harmful way to health turns out not to have been a healthy chap at all. doesn‘t look good I feel for his family I hope they get some closure.

Reactions: 4
It’s very sad that someone who has been so much in the public eye ‘pushing’ a harmful way to health turns out not to have been a healthy chap at all. doesn‘t look good I feel for his family I hope they get some closure.
In what was does he push a harmful way of health? I’m not overly familiar with his work

Reactions: 5
Why is there so little coverage about it on the news channels?
I find the lack of coverage odd. Far more prominent missing person than the late Nicola Bulley. Greek Island etc etc and yet the coverage seems somewhat muted to me. I assumed earlier today that it was because he had been found deceased, and they were giving the family some space. However on reflection that’s not really how the British press react.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I find the lack of coverage odd. Far more prominent missing person than the late Nicola Bulley. Greek Island etc etc and yet the coverage seems somewhat muted to me. I assumed earlier today that it was because he had been found deceased, and they were giving the family some space. However on reflection that’s not really how the British press react.
We weren't in the middle of a General Election when Nicola Bulley went missing.

Reactions: 10
Because people go missing all the time, the media picks and chooses what it reports, whilst Nicola Buckley was missing Mackenzie Crookes (actor from the office) sister in law went missing and later turned up dead but it was barely in the news.

Also there is lots of other stuff going on in the world at moment.

Reactions: 7
It's such a crazy time re: the news. We've got Russia-Ukraine, Isreal-Palaestine, a general election in this country, Trump has just been on trial in the US, here we've have just had the 80th anniversary of D-Day, and then all the usual crime and murder. Even with 24 hour rolling news I can see how it's difficult to choose what to focus on.

Reactions: 11
If you were going to commit suicide it’s a weird way of doing it, essentially by dehydration, by someone who would understand exactly how rough that would be. I guess if the intention was to commit suicide but not have his body found…making himself look lost by accident…that would explain it. Some digging around on his mental state such his internet history if deleted may be retrieved if British consulate have any suspicion of that. If he’s been researching dehydration or how to hide from mountain rescue. Or if he’s been prescribed any medications he could have stockpiled for an overdose, or been researching videos of that particular mountain.

I think they are clutching at straws now with this Abyss cave search. To get there he had to to reach the next marina and instead of going into the building to ask for help, water or shade, he has got in the sea without leaving trace behind of the backpack, clothes, umbrella, not seen on the building’s cctv or by the people there, and swam into a cave he wouldn’t know is safe or anything about the currents. While knowing that he had a history of transient anemia caused by a sudden change in temperate that happened in water. It’s much more likely he’s seen the signpost for Symi town part way through the route and turned onto that even more dangerous path, that it sounds like the rescue team aren’t even confident at searching properly it’s so unsafe even for them.

They will likely have different crews doing land and water searches so if the water crew have done the obvious places already they may just be being thorough rather than having any real reason to think he would have swam into a cave.
---
Re the media coverage, it’s the same reason only particular celebrities are constantly in the newspapers, they can use the website data to see what/who is best clickbait and then they build on that. The British public as a whole may have more affection and concern for Dr Mosley, but may be more likely to click on an article about the Kardashians. It’s just pure trend following and algorithms, if the articles are getting enough clicks they stay front page for longer. You’ve also got the sideline stuff. The Philip Scofield scandal was a great example of a story that was a wild success for clickbait on its own, but then got amplified into a mega media storm by all the celebrity and tv boss reactions to it being scrutinised day after day and something in the scheme of everything going on in the world was a tiny story ended up dominating headlines for 3 weeks. With this Dr Mosley story there isn’t much commentary on the disappearance itself coming out each day, even though it’s a mystery and it’s been developing, it’s not that complicated to understand that he took a strange and dangerous decision and became difficult to find in that terrain.

the mystery isn’t really what has happened to him, but if he knew he was walking into danger or not and the whys and wherefores of that decision. The only real mystery is his mental and medical state when he chose to take that path instead of waiting for a bus or sitting in a cafe.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
When I got up this morning I did the usual and wondered if there was an update on Dr Mosley, but nothing.
I was hoping for some good news but as time goes on it's looking bleak.
There's zero chance of him surviving this time without water unfortunately.
I said earlier I think the tides will bring him in eventually 🙁

• Wow
Reactions: 5
In what was does he push a harmful way of health? I’m not overly familiar with his work
Intermittent fasting is thought to increase risk of cardiovascular disease. I’m in no way victim blaming and I had a friend whose dad died lost on a mountain it’s an awful thing

Reactions: 7

He said in an article many years ago he always saw the bad side of things. I wonder if there is any history of depression. I did find it odd that his brother said he was ‘ in good spirits ‘ when he spoke to him before his holiday. Strange choice of words and to me suggesting that this wasn’t always the case.
Not suggesting anything sinister has happened but it’s another angle I guess. I truly hope that’s not the case.
I once went to the pub, many years ago, and my phone battery died so I “disappeared” a friend started messaging as I wasn’t answering. I saw later one of the gang in the group chat said “I saw her after work and she was in good spirits” FFS I was home by 11pm! I was out of contact for 3 hours!
They just say good spirits to mean “didn’t seem like he was going to unalive themself”
---
Intermittent fasting is thought to increase risk of cardiovascular disease. I’m in no way victim blaming and I had a friend whose dad died lost on a mountain it’s an awful thing
As I said earlier Alan, I am not a fan of his at all. Not to go off topic but I’m anti his health advice thank you, and it was only a few months ago that a study showed the cardio risk of following his diet/intermittent fasting. March 2024 https://www.bhf.org.uk/informations...rted that,from heart and circulatory diseases.

Someone said upthread that suicide by dehydration would be odd, but actually there’s a few suicides per year by exposure/hypothermia. Head out in cold weather with a bottle of spirits, sit down on a mountain/cliff, get drunk, fall asleep, and drift off. I wonder if there’s something similar with dehydration and heat exposure?

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
That study had severe limitations and there are many many studies showing benefit. Dr Mosley managed to put his type two diabetes into remission following his eating plan, which is a huge benefit to one’s health so I have to completely disagree about fasting being an unhealthy way of eating. On a personal note I’ve reversed my own pre diabetes using the plan and within the fasting community this is very common. He has helped many people.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
That study had severe limitations and there are many many studies showing benefit. Dr Mosley managed to put his type two diabetes into remission following his eating plan, which is a huge benefit to one’s health so I have to completely disagree about fasting being an unhealthy way of eating. On a personal note I’ve reversed my own pre diabetes using the plan and within the fasting community this is very common. He has helped many people.
I used it to mitigate my high blood pressure. It worked!

Reactions: 18
To those thinking that if he went into the sea, the tide will bring him back? It won't, it's the Mediterranean, it isn't tidal. Also there's some fairly large sharks in the Med.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
There’s been rumours abound about other grooers in the tv industry but I’ve never seen anything about him before.

A story being about to break could be a trigger for him taking action. IMO it’s more plausible than him simply being depressed.

• Angry
Wether he’s in the sea or on land, the umbrella would have been found. It would float on the water surely. How can he just disappear. That water looks calm and regular boats going by too

A story about to break would be a trigger if this was intentional. It’s a bit of a stretch as there’s only this one hearsay account of his behaviour from an anonymous source on tattle. But running with it as a theory…

He has worked with a huge number of people in the media, yet only a couple of them have come out publicly with one-line statements just acknowledging the basics that they worked with him in the past and that they are concerned for his welfare. There’s no current work colleagues or friends making public concern comments. Other journalists and columnists at the daily mail know both him and his wife yet aren’t saying what a wonderful man he is. The stories mainly factual updates and basic quotes from the family.

People in the industry knowing, or at least knowing insider rumours, of bad ‘Cancellation style’ conduct…will mean people won’t want to be identifying themselves as appearing to be friends with him, to keep their names and quotes out of any subsequent reveal. So people keeping very quiet on making personal comments on how wonderful he is or how they are friends with him etc is a sign in favour of there being something to hide.

I think if there is something to hide, the media will be watching public reaction and gauging whether to publish. Although it would make excellent clickbait and fuel interest in the sorry further by having people speculate if he’s disappeared on purpose…I don’t think they will break anything they’ve got. If they make a reveal soon, it will then be obvious that he may have been pushed into this action by media, which then tarnishes them more than it does him. People are now becoming more wary of trial by media and hearsay being taken as truth, the idea of someone taking their own life over something that isn’t proven as true or even been reported to police as a crime…simply due to media pressure is effectively someone being bullied to death. In this case it really would backfire and blow up on them because looking at the comments online he is one of the rare journalists/media personalities who have been universally liked (apart from some outliers like the anti-vaxxers), so inclination to believe he’s falsely accused could be pretty high as well.

If there is a story, I think it will be a couple of years before it comes out and it will be saved for use on a slow clickbait day. The media will distance themselves from connecting the media behaviour with his disappearance and behave like they only just became aware of them years later.

• Heart
Reactions: 14