Michael Mosley

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did a little gasp when I saw the headline. He's such a staple in the Fail and one of their better columnists.

Hoping for a postiive outcome to this worrying event.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I was shocked to see in the news that Dr Michael Mosley has been reported as missing on the Greek island of Symi. He was last seen yesterday, Wednesday 5th June, at 1:30pm when he headed off for a walk from the beach to his accomodation, which involved a 1km coastal walk. His wife reported him as missing when he still had not returned by 7:30pm. I really hope he is found safe and well.

Reactions: 8
I wonder what on earth has happened?
It’s really scary to think of someone being lost or injured in that searing heat, and with no phone 😔
Hoping he’s found safe and well very soon.

Reactions: 5
Unclear where phone was left
It is currently unclear where Dr Michael Mosley’s phone has been found.

BBC News reported that the TV star’s phone was found at the accommodation he was staying at with his wife while the Daily Mail cited a police spokesperson claiming he forgot his phone at the beach he was last seen at.

From https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...octor-greece-search-symi-latest-b2557995.html
That's awful. If he had his phone the police could have triangulated his position. Sincerely hope he is found quickly.

That's awful. If he had his phone the police could have triangulated his position. Sincerely hope he is found quickly.
I wonder how the two sources have such different information? It implies something very different if he deliberately left his phone behind. Hoping he is found safe soon. His poor wife must be sick with worry.

Reactions: 7
Possibly the info is sketchy because it’s being lost in translation.
As well as the different versions of where the phone was left (although it does seem to agreed that it was forgotten), I’ve seen one report saying he may have fallen from a height, while another says it’s hard to get lost there because the paths have been paved and it’s quite busy there.
His poor wife - I can’t begin to imagine how worried she must be :(

• Sad
My father in law had a slip and fell down a path in the Azores, luckily he had his phone and was able to get help as he was unable to move.
I can't see how he's possibly alive 😢
There's countless possible scenarios that he could be found alive!

Reactions: 10
My father in law had a slip and fell down a path in the Azores, luckily he had his phone and was able to get help as he was unable to move.

There's countless possible scenarios that he could be found alive!
I hope he is but I don't see it. He's been missing for over 24 hours in extreme temperatures

I hope he is but I don't see it. He's been missing for over 24 hours in extreme temperatures
32C isn't that extream and if he hasn't been found and is still alive then probably wont be in the sun

Reactions: 3
32C isn't that extream and if he hasn't been found and is still alive then probably wont be in the sun
BBC are reporting temperatures are about 40C, but yes hopefully if he has fallen/fell ill he found some shade.

"It was extremely hot in Symi on Wednesday, with the National Observatory of Athens reporting temperatures reaching over 40C (104F) at 15:00 local time."