Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

elloelloello

VIP Member
Well my brood will be 28, 26 and 20 this Christmas but they know mommabear loves Christmas on a Zoella scale so they humour me. On Christmas Eve they (including partners that may be there) STILL have a bath, new PJs, put out Rudolph magic food (oats and glitter) read Twas the Night Before Christmas and are in bed by 10pm.

Once asleep (no peeking or he wont come) Santa arrives and leaves magic footprints from the fire to the tree (flour and glitter and the other half in wellies, stomping around the room grumbling "im not hoovering this shit up)) and then the door to the room gets gift wrapped so no-one can come down and have a cheeky sneak peak. The lovely children then get me up at 5am "He's Been!" (i say Children, its me, with Jingle bells)

The only difference is; rather than dash downstairs i receive a few expletives and then they dash downstairs and instead of having to build barbie houses and scalextrix they play drinking roulette and are wrecked by 10am, they refuse to come to Mass with me and see baby Jesus and then the rest of the day I am in the kitchen (also wrecked) ruining a turkey and dancing to Now Christmas! 5pm everyone has passed out.

8pm wake up to watch 'Enders and crack open the baileys. Drinking games resume.

Bliss. I frigging LOVE it.
My day sounds exactly the same as this! 😂🎄🥂

TheMotherHen-Kathryn

We’ve ordered our food - I agree with the M&S comments. We’ll put our tree up on The 1st. Really looking forward to this year. Our twins are at the age now where they get it.
Awww so lovely!! We hold off until the 1st too. I’m usually not a big Christmas person but this is the first in our first home and I’m excited about decorating!! 😂

I have three boys and my youngest two and 4 and 2 it’s the first year I’ve found all the kids are fully into it 💕

We are sticking to this present idea for the kids this year as a way to scale back and buy stuff they actually need 🤯

Attachments

bubbletea123

VIP Member
My husband and I moved to Canada a few years ago and now live far away from both of our families. We've been spending Christmas at home and making our own traditions since then, which has been really nice.

I tend to make a largish meal, and we survive on leftovers for days. It is a mish-mash of American, British, and Canadian foods. We go for long walks in the afternoon and play games to entertain ourselves.

We tend to send small packages to our families with various Canadian goodies for them to share on Christmas day. It is a lot easier than continuing the normal gift-giving, and everyone probably enjoys it more.
I am British and also live in Canada. Moved here a few years ago. We don't have family close by either so do our own traditions too.

Bec3007

VIP Member
Million pound cheque would be nice.. Failing that I don’t expect much, maybe some chocolate, cute socks, smelly stuff like body lotions etc. I’m such a granny 🤣