Merry Christmas!! tips, tricks, traditions & tantrums.. stockings etc 🙂

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good thread. My family take it in turns to host Christmas dinner and this year its my mums turn so we are all going to hers. I'm in charge of bringing the dessert we always get two and like a none chocolate opinion as you eat enough chocolate at Christmas.

My tip would be if you can buy your main presents early as I bought a perfume set from John Lewis in late November and when I went back a few weeks later they had put the price up by £15.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
So, apparently the tree is up, who pulls it down first the dog or the kids.

(fake obviously, nature doesn’t grow a tree like John Lewis* does)

*Other retailers do exist. Not spon. The tree isn’t from JL, I have not been paid to promote the JL Christmas range)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I would ideally like to find a dentist in my stocking that could actually locate the source of the pain I have been experiencing since FEBRUARY which has reached a crescendo over the last week 😪 or I would like some molten brown and an hotel chocolat dipping box

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I would ideally like to find a dentist in my stocking that could actually locate the source of the pain I have been experiencing since FEBRUARY which has reached a crescendo over the last week 😪 or I would like some molten brown and an hotel chocolat dipping box
I hope you get your tooth sorted out soon.

I love a bit of Hotel choclat ive bought the Christmas chocolate box to share with the family on Christmas day.

Haven’t had a stocking since I was a kid.
We don’t do presents for adults (although I do break that rule for my sibling) and we just buy for the kids.

We haven’t done presents in years 😬 sounds a bit miserable doesn’t it 🤣

Reactions: 2
Haven’t had a stocking since I was a kid.
We don’t do presents for adults (although I do break that rule for my sibling) and we just buy for the kids.

We haven’t done presents in years 😬 sounds a bit miserable doesn’t it 🤣
Well i bet it saves you some money. I think when you are an adult you don't really want anything because you just buy it yourself.

I don’t do stockings in my family but mum gets me a Christmas Eve box. It usually has pyjamas and bed socks in it (gotta look nice for Santa) a DVD or book and some snack bits (chocolate coins, candy canes, gingerbread man making kit). as a kid this had purpose - I’d never wind down before bed and so giving me an activity and a dvd to watch helped. Now I’m 20 and it’s just purely out of tradition 😆

Oops, I posted that photo from my phone and didn't realise quite how MASSIVE it was until I looked on the laptop just now.

Sorry! ☺

• Haha
Well my brood will be 28, 26 and 20 this Christmas but they know mommabear loves Christmas on a Zoella scale so they humour me. On Christmas Eve they (including partners that may be there) STILL have a bath, new PJs, put out Rudolph magic food (oats and glitter) read Twas the Night Before Christmas and are in bed by 10pm.

Once asleep (no peeking or he wont come) Santa arrives and leaves magic footprints from the fire to the tree (flour and glitter and the other half in wellies, stomping around the room grumbling "im not hoovering this tit up)) and then the door to the room gets gift wrapped so no-one can come down and have a cheeky sneak peak. The lovely children then get me up at 5am "He's Been!" (i say Children, its me, with Jingle bells)

The only difference is; rather than dash downstairs i receive a few expletives and then they dash downstairs and instead of having to build barbie houses and scalextrix they play drinking roulette and are wrecked by 10am, they refuse to come to Mass with me and see baby Jesus and then the rest of the day I am in the kitchen (also wrecked) ruining a turkey and dancing to Now Christmas! 5pm everyone has passed out.

8pm wake up to watch 'Enders and crack open the baileys. Drinking games resume.

Bliss. I frigging LOVE it.
My day sounds exactly the same as this! 😂🎄🥂

Does anyone else get really annoyed at buying lots of nice gifts for people and getting rubbish in return? I’m not talking about people who can’t afford it, I’m not at all well off, the people I buy for are and I either get cheap stuff or joint presents from entire families when I buy for each person?!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Does anyone else get really annoyed at buying lots of nice gifts for people and getting rubbish in return? I’m not talking about people who can’t afford it, I’m not at all well off, the people I buy for are and I either get cheap stuff or joint presents from entire families when I buy for each person?!
Yeah, I am one of those people that when buying presents, I make sure it is something the person will like and use. I LOVE buying gifts and put thought and effort into it. Some people don't though.

Reactions: 5
I agree, I'd rather get nothing than some tat that I have no use for. My in-laws are very good at giving me absolute shite while they buy each other fantastic presents. Some of it my be my fault as they do ask what I want and I just say surprise me BUT who's going to say "yea, I'd love that £200 purse" etc

Reactions: 4
I’m really not ungrateful and I appreciate any gifts but when I’m going to the effort of buying for everyone individually and I’ve suggested stopping gifts but they say they want to continue, but I get one joint (cheap) present from literally five adults in a family I feel a bit hurt!

Reactions: 2
We've stopped buying for adults on my husband side in the family due to this! One neice is in their late 30's quite well off but all everyone got was a box of foxes biscuits, another neice is late 20's and her name just goes on her mum's presents depsite being a teacher! We just do under 18's now