Merry Christmas!! tips, tricks, traditions & tantrums.. stockings etc 🙂

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else get really annoyed at buying lots of nice gifts for people and getting rubbish in return? I’m not talking about people who can’t afford it, I’m not at all well off, the people I buy for are and I either get cheap stuff or joint presents from entire families when I buy for each person?!
Omg this! I love buying for people and spend a long time thinking about gifts that will suit them. But then people I have known for years buy me absolute tat that is not at all suited to who I am and it boils my piss!

Reactions: 2
Does anyone else get really annoyed at buying lots of nice gifts for people and getting rubbish in return? I’m not talking about people who can’t afford it, I’m not at all well off, the people I buy for are and I either get cheap stuff or joint presents from entire families when I buy for each person?!
Yup. I always feel I get the crappy end of the stick when it comes to gifts generally. I remember once I work,I got handed a voucher for a shop I wouldnt even shop in when I make sure I get someone something they’ll love

Reactions: 1
We've stopped buying for adults on my husband side in the family due to this! One neice is in their late 30's quite well off but all everyone got was a box of foxes biscuits, another neice is late 20's and her name just goes on her mum's presents depsite being a teacher! We just do under 18's now
It’s hurtful isn’t it! I’m going to suggest again that we stop and if they say no again I’ll just buy something joint and they can share it between their three homes haha. (I won’t cos I’m soft)

Reactions: 3
Every year we get rubbish gifts from my MIL. She's not hard up... she's just mean when it comes to anyone but herself!
Each year she tells us what she wants such as designer slippers or a handbag and in return we get chocolates or biscuits that she's so obviously won in a raffle of been gifted and doesn't like. The boxes are always bashed or show signs of wear and tear and some have even been opened and secured back down with sellotape. 🤬

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Million pound cheque would be nice.. Failing that I don’t expect much, maybe some chocolate, cute socks, smelly stuff like body lotions etc. I’m such a granny 🤣

I don’t think I’ll be getting one this year but growing up it was probably the most exciting party of Christmas for me, waking up to that at the end of my bed. I used to lie awake very seriously marvelling at how amazing it was Father Christmas managed to get around the whole world.

Usually it was full of sweets and small toys, great when you’re a kid. One year i desperately wanted a puppy and wrote a letter to Santa explaining how he could leave it at the end of my bed. Of course I didn’t get one but I did get a stuffed toy character from 101 Dalmatians, ‘rolly’ the fat one, and that was almost as good.

Reactions: 1