Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HavinAPop

Lobellaloves_jo has been around for ages & consistent, genuine & also rare ads šŸ‘ŒšŸ»

I love how MOD was all about mental health for like a week and just now said how her period makes her "mental" šŸ™„
I noticed that , whilst itā€™s a trend / awareness month everyone is all on tender hooks around their language ... awareness week over and they are all NuTs mental and bonkers ......

Reactions: 2

Tothemoonandback

I think (and Iā€™m not sure about this- just an opinion) than NB maybe got herself in a bit too deep into all the mental health stuff. She was flogging these pampering days with lavender pillows and talks from life coaches but at the same time many of her followers had serious mental health problems that NB was not qualified to help with. Again I donā€™t know if this is even true but I imagine her inbox got full up with people telling her about their sever depression etc and she probably felt way out of her depth because a talk from a life coach and some instagrammable breakfast and lavendar oil in the goody bag isnā€™t going to scratch the surface of helping these people. I think heart was in the right place

Dumbdumb

Lobellaloves_jo has been around for ages & consistent, genuine & also rare ads šŸ‘ŒšŸ»

I love how MOD was all about mental health for like a week and just now said how her period makes her "mental" šŸ™„

• Wow

HavinAPop

Iā€™ve seen some awful trolling of peopleā€™s mental health .... and equally some people claiming to have mental health conditions or be a mental health advocate and then never talk about mental health!

All Ads on their stories ... self love liv is a good one , has a pretty huge following but hardly ever does ads and is really honest . She has bipolar affective

Mum.interrupted , saw her during maternal mental health week. She is very open about psychosis and a good writer , but she doesnā€™t do ā€œtalking stories ā€œ and isnā€™t big enough for adds

The fat funny one šŸ™„ claims to be a mental health advocate but I canā€™t see how she attends talks etc about Mental health? I donā€™t know what her experiences is ?

I think itā€™s a trend for sure , but can find some REAL accounts ... but how long before they become part of the trend I donā€™t know

poppyflower

i was actually having this conversation with my husband the other day, how its strange in our society that humans for some strange reason get off on the fact that sharing some weird miss fortune like a mental illness or #metoo movement is much more glamorous to share publicly to get a reaction from, then sharing the good parts in your life like a promotion or learning a new skill. its like the negative things are more desirable to share to the world than the good things about us. with the awareness aspect, there is knowledge of the subject and then their is just a line when it comes to privacy. i think the only people you need to share these issue with are close friends and loved ones if its necessary to your situation, weather you need to confine in someone for support or if they need to know, i dont get why it matters for a stranger to know if you were raped, or if your feel sad, its none of their business and you don't benefit from it other than sympathetic compliments which boost your ego rather than getting to the source of the issue. i'm sure were capable of sharing more positive things than just trying to gain attention to make us feel special. all I'm saying, you dont see people with diabetes or cancer crying out their issues over social media to get send emoji hearts and #staystrong because its not as attractive to boast about. and I'll add, there is anxiety (a normal human emotion we all have) and then there is Anxiety Disorders.....a BIG difference

Agree, it's like when people claim to be 'a bit OCD' because they like cleaning. It's really quite disrespectful of people who actually do have it.
I completely agree, I actually detest flippant use of the term OCD. I saw someone on a cleaning page on Facebook earlier saying they hated dust and considered them self ā€œself diagnosed OCDā€. Pathetic and makes light of a serious condition.

(Sorry, needed a rant about that there).

Reactions: 1

OrangeStrawberry

YES! I have been saying this. Having anxiety is the new trend. Feeling anxious every now and then is NOT having an anxiety attack šŸ˜’

HavinAPop

Do they share to much ? Is it a ā€˜trend now ā€˜ to have a mental health condition

Who is good
Who is bad

Discuss please

usofake

Anxiety is the buzzword of 2019. If it's not instagrammers selling anxiety workbooks for Ā£50 they are using anxiety to sell books or cleaning products, weekends away, weight loss products etc. We all need to speak more freely about mh to reduce the stigma but it should be used to direct people to support not to take money out their pockets. Using mental health to sell products on a platform which actually causes mental health problems (trying to keep up with unrealistic lifestyles) is just so unethical.

Mayday

VIP Member
I've noticed that with smaller influencers and channels as well, its almost a competition of who is the most ill/who has the most illnesses. Someone can't mention an illness without someone else being all 'well I have that AND x,y,z!' and then that person just wants to talk about themselves. I feel like its easy for people like that to say 'speak out, talk to someone', but you just know if someone did try to confide in them, they would 100% make it about themselves rather than just listen.

SunshineDreamer

Chatty Member
Agreed. I think they need to realise the difference between feeling anxious and having anxiety, as someone has said.

There are certain things in my life I feel anxious about and may lose a small amount of sleep about, however I do not suffer from anxiety which is constant.

I thinking making it a buzz word can do just as much harm as good. How long before people start thinking if these influences suffering from anxiety and doing all this amazing stuff, why canā€™t the average person?

Wheeliemum

Just a massive thank you!!! I started my account on insta to talk about my mental illnesses (c-PTSD, generalised anxiety disorder and borderline personality disorder- not a serial killer btw;)) and also how my craft stuff gave me a sense of purpose again. I've been trolled by people, followed and mocked etc by bigger accounts because my illness is real and not fashionable. It's not fun, I can't fix it with yoga or some stupid diet. I get so frustrated by it all. I have had some lovely interactions too which is why i keep doing it but the potential for these accounts to do real damage to those of us with real health problems is scary. Xx

Rose94

VIP Member
I know this thread is a couple of years old now but I used to follow a girl called ā€˜diagnosedpinkā€™ on my old Instagram I no longer have access to. Anyone know whatā€™s going on with her now?

Tothemoonandback

Maybe sheā€™s happier away from insta. I hope so.

There was all that weird stuff with asher and then she did that ridiculous ill thought out ā€œdear mumsnetā€ campaign

ka1982

Just a massive thank you!!! I started my account on insta to talk about my mental illnesses (c-PTSD, generalised anxiety disorder and borderline personality disorder- not a serial killer btw;)) and also how my craft stuff gave me a sense of purpose again. I've been trolled by people, followed and mocked etc by bigger accounts because my illness is real and not fashionable. It's not fun, I can't fix it with yoga or some stupid diet. I get so frustrated by it all. I have had some lovely interactions too which is why i keep doing it but the potential for these accounts to do real damage to those of us with real health problems is scary. Xx
Iā€™m so glad Iā€™ve come across your comment here as I am the same. Iā€™m just me on my account. I donā€™t tend to think about much when Iā€™m doing a story and I tend to just blurt stuff out. I can just ramble on about absolute shit but I get more lovely people messaging me when Iā€™m just me. I appreciate it so much, I really do. If you feel comfortable, then please let me know your account name and Iā€™ll give you a follow. I would really like to start watching other accounts like myself. If you donā€™t want to put it on here then you can message me if you like. No worries if youā€™d rather not though xxx

Tothemoonandback

This makes me so cross. Instagram ā€˜expertsā€™ in mental health. A cup of herbal tea, a swim in the sea and a yoga session at Ā£50 a pop wonā€™t cure it! There is one who keeps disappearing and reappearing who liked to see herself as a mental health guru.
Is the one who you say keeps disappearing Natasha Bailie?