Melanie Murphy #17 The first woman ever to have ever been pregnant. Ever.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok but it can be argued then that doctors are also not going to present information that goes against their policies and procedures. Doctors can be biased and have their own self interests at heart they are human. I believe women should be educated on all the facts and risks and not just blindly trust their doctor or midwife as there is a large portion of the medical profession who do not ask for consent or practice evidence based medicine.
Ok but it can be argued then that doctors are also not going to present information that goes against their policies and procedures

Lol what??? Also what self interests would even come into play when preforming a medical procedure. I can't with this.

I see you are over on Hannah Wittons thread making Jabs at Hannah for not exclusively breastfeeding. Now it wouldn't be the first time Melanie slagged her own "best mate" off on gossip forums.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

I leave this thread for a couple hours and WHAT 🤯😂

Can we go back to regular service please

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I see you are over on Hannah Wittons thread making Jabs at Hannah for not exclusively breastfeeding. Now it wouldn't be the first time Melanie slagged her own "best mate" off on gossip forums.
And the weirdly specific criticism of Hannah for having it too easy with a husband who lives in the house and with employees to make sure her business doesn’t fail when she’s trying to work and manage early motherhood. The martyr mother really can’t help herself can she?

• Wow
Reactions: 18
that has to be melanie. that's so embarrassing. 😭 way too much of a coincidence that shes slagging her only friend off for how she breastfeeds when she is the self proclaimed queen of it :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 21
Ok but it can be argued then that doctors are also not going to present information that goes against their policies and procedures

Lol what??? Also what self interests would even come into play when preforming a medical procedure. I can't with this.

I love how people just assume we (drs) just make tit up as we go along. Babe, there’s hospital procedures in place for safely storing plastic tubes you’d be crucified for not following, and you think we can just randomly decide to break guidelines on childbirth, just because we feel like being a bastard that day.

tell me you’ve never worked in a hospital before without telling me 💀

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Maybe they are or maybe they have life long issues from the unnecessary episiotomy preformed on them without their consent or maybe they have PTSD from their unnecessary c section or from the doctors doing unnecessary procedures to their body without their consent/advising them of what they are doing or maybe they needed that blood transfusion because of the pph that was caused by the unnecessary interventions the doctors did to the person without advising them that a pph can be a side effect to these interventions. But hey looks like the majority of women on here are happy with the sub par care they are receiving in the maternity system.
You have to give written consent for a C Section ,even for an epidural .

Wow... tbh Mel is the boy who cries wolf. I don’t think we’ll ever know the truth of what went down in her delivery room without other witnesses which is impossible. Even if she did feel there was wrong doing the fact so many of us find it hard to believe Is down to her history of bending the truth.

I think we all agree consent matters as does being informed. I think we can also agree that if situations arise that are not ethical/bad practice, discussions can be had with staff after the heat of the moment and if still unhappy, complaints can be made and dealt with.

By the sounds of what Mel describes she didn’t follow through with making a complaint and that’s unfortunate on many levels. 1. It doesn’t allow the staff she worked with to have their side heard 2. She doesn’t get an opportunity to be heard in a CONSTRUCTIVE way. It’s easy to see why so many here don’t believe her or think she’s being over dramatic because there’s little follow through with her, just fuel for her content. Frankly I don’t know what to believe with her story about her birth and I don’t need to come down on a side.

I do think there’s room to question policies/practices especially wards that only allow 1hour pushing if that’s true. Theres a healthy middle ground between blindly following anyone in a white coat and refusing to believe anything they say and I would hazard a guess that actually, all of us women here fall more in the middle of that spectrum. We want to trust our doctors but also want to ask questions and be treated with respect.
On the earlier threads there’s many contradictions to her story through comments she’s made under her vids , by her own admission she said she doesn’t really know what happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Holy cannoli! Left this thread for a bit and came back to all of this 😮

At first I thought there was going to be a very lively discussion about the snippets she showed of her office. Boy oh boy, was I wrong.

That house is going to be something when they are finished with it, that’s for sure…..

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Ok but it can be argued then that doctors are also not going to present information that goes against their policies and procedures. Doctors can be biased and have their own self interests at heart they are human. I believe women should be educated on all the facts and risks and not just blindly trust their doctor or midwife as there is a large portion of the medical profession who do not ask for consent or practice evidence based medicine.
And do you think doctors are supposed to share information that goes against hospital procedures? What’s the point if they won’t be able to follow that anyway? Or do you think doctors have the liberty of not following the hospital procedures and protocols. Sure, they just love seeing women in distress and love performing emergency c sections and forceps deliveries.
Melanie ran out of time, 12 h in the labour room is the procedure, the midwives couldn’t let her stay and push longer even if they wanted to. If she wants to be able to labour longer if needed, she would need to go to a different country there it’s allowed

that has to be melanie. that's so embarrassing. 😭 way too much of a coincidence that shes slagging her only friend off for how she breastfeeds when she is the self proclaimed queen of it :ROFLMAO:
It’s so obviously Melanie because what random person who claims to not even like Melanie would spend literally hours in the middle of the night going out of their way to defend her. Even if you felt strongly about the topic, surely after a few posts with backlash you’d think to yourself “okay I’m not getting anywhere with this I should just log off and stop” but if it’s yourself and your beliefs your defending AND your a narcissist like Melanie you’d happily spend literal HOURS arguing with strangers.

The bitching about Hannah is just the icing on the cake. Not to mention the word “hobbit” in the username. Like girl…

Reactions: 23
And do you think doctors are supposed to share information that goes against hospital procedures? What’s the point if they won’t be able to follow that anyway? Or do you think doctors have the liberty of not following the hospital procedures and protocols. Sure, they just love seeing women in distress and love performing emergency c sections and forceps deliveries.
Melanie ran out of time, 12 h in the labour room is the procedure, the midwives couldn’t let her stay and push longer even if they wanted to. If she wants to be able to labour longer if needed, she would need to go to a different country there it’s allowed
Look familiar 😏
04378134-1AD7-4D7D-BB6A-D3EBA4DFFF5F.jpeg
BC8EB5E1-5B28-4553-BD7C-28DA3BD98EF8.jpeg
7BE24043-DA0B-46A5-9196-C35885EB856C.jpeg

I think she deleted that vid I can’t find it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Reactions: 11
Yep, looks way too familiar. Also the above messages show a similar disregard to how the baby is doing during labour and delivery and the emphasis on the mother wanting a natural birth. She’s too obvious with the way she argues always too many letters written based on Google research with the general don’t you dare to argue with me and I know it all tone.
I’m sure she’s commented before that she doesn’t see the baby as an individual until after it’s born.

• Sick
  • Wow
She really struggles with maths. 1.4 in every 100 babies is not a small percentage. And “sorting it out” can involve shattering the babies collar bone.

She’s talking about lack of education leading the medical system when she hasn’t the cop on to work out what constitutes a high prevalence of complications.

It’s a massive amount in a world scale.

This is a woman that didn’t know what an obgyn was lol.

• Wow
  • Haha
I'm way late with this but yes Melanie, a 9 pound baby is considered big.

The term "fetal macrosomia" is used to describe a newborn who's much larger than average.
A baby who is diagnosed as having fetal macrosomia weighs more than 8 pounds, 13 ounces (4,000 grams), regardless of his or her gestational age.

Fetal macrosomia may complicate vaginal delivery and can put the baby at risk of injury during birth. Fetal macrosomia also puts the baby at increased risk of health problems after birth

If you can't even get this basic fact right you need to accept you just don't know anything at all. Accept the advice of the experts and be extremely thankful the professionals went to school for this.

I’m sure she’s commented before that she doesn’t see the baby as an individual until after it’s born.
She’s not ok that it could be mother’s choice to feed baby formula or sleep train but she’s ok with the mother choosing natural birth with no interventions despite the risk of stillbirth and other complications in a situation like her first labour

• Sad
Reactions: 7
You caught her there 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.