Melanie Murphy #17 The first woman ever to have ever been pregnant. Ever.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all! Haven't commented here in ages but I just wanted to say that everytime I look at Melanie's content I think it comes across very obvious that she resents Thomas so much!! She's now pregnant and stuck at home even more woth the baby plus the stress of living in an old house that might not be still 100% functional whilst Thomas gets to go to work and live somewhat normal pre-baby lifestyle.....
I also remember her saying she wanted to get back to the gym and get fit and have more time to work on her stuff but is nearly impossible (because she's so dependant of Thomas to do everything, and we'll bc she's raising the baby on her own pretty much!!)

Reactions: 9
I can't see how she's raising him alone when she hasn't spent one night alone with the child since he was born ,she's either had her PIL input or her Da's ,I'd say her Da does more with the child than Mel , he probably cooks and cleans the house while she's sat watching Hocus Pocus or trolling herself online , she's a very needy "kept" woman .

Am I mistaken or can Mel not drive yet?
No, she's still having lessons.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I can't see how she's raising him alone when she hasn't spent one night alone with the child since he was born ,she's either had her PIL input or her Da's ,I'd say her Da does more with the child than Mel , he probably cooks and cleans the house while she's sat watching Hocus Pocus or trolling herself online , she's a very needy "kept" woman .

No, she's still having lessons.
I know she gets lots of help with the baby between her dad and in laws.

What I meant by 'raising it alone' is from the perspective of the 'perfect' family that I think she aspired to be where both parents are always with kids and stuff. I think she realised soon that being the wife of a pilot with small kids takes a lot of work!!

Having said that, Mel does get a lot of help from family but is always complaining about not having time for anything. I guess that could be just venting too but i don't know if she ever acknowledges family helping and being grateful for that....

And to wrap up my participation in this thread........... WHY she keeps referring to Thomas as Husband and her baby as Son 😱😱 idk but that annoys me so so so much!!!! Maybe the way she says it for me comes across as snobby..... but like...... your followers ALREADY know who your husband is... just say Thomas ffs!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I know she gets lots of help with the baby between her dad and in laws.

What I meant by 'raising it alone' is from the perspective of the 'perfect' family that I think she aspired to be where both parents are always with kids and stuff. I think she realised soon that being the wife of a pilot with small kids takes a lot of work!!

Having said that, Mel does get a lot of help from family but is always complaining about not having time for anything. I guess that could be just venting too but i don't know if she ever acknowledges family helping and being grateful for that....

And to wrap up my participation in this thread........... WHY she keeps referring to Thomas as Husband and her baby as Son 😱😱 idk but that annoys me so so so much!!!! Maybe the way she says it for me comes across as snobby..... but like...... your followers ALREADY know who your husband is... just say Thomas ffs!!
That’s just her victim complex, she likes to portray herself as a struggling single mother , she knew what she was signing up for when she married a pilot, the majority of families have a main caregiver, not all families have the luxury of having two parents have equal participation in raising the children even if they don’t fly long haul, one of them will usually have a full time job.

• Heart
Adult children of emotionally avoidant or distant parents can, in their own parent child relationships, try to overcompensate by being all present all the time and emotionally smothering the child. It is a way of getting the emotional connection that they craved when they were younger, but it puts the child in a position of having to be constantly responsible for meeting the emotional needs of the parent. She’s trying to get that mother-child emotional fix by constantly reinforcing the idea of the child needs her and her alone, the child can’t be without her for even when it’s sleeping, her being away from the child can only cause harm to the child and make it “insecurely attached” .

She’s projecting all her own insecurities on to the child. She wants a complete bubble of a mother child relationship where the outside world or normal developmental independence even in a minuscule way is harmful. She’s fully committed to the martyr mammy role and needs to let everyone know about it.

Her dad absolutely is doing the housework. The woman has adopted a life of intentional helplessness. She booked her driving or theory test for her due date the last time. She had no intention of doing it. Sure how could she being doing anything that wouldn’t give her an excuse to stay locked in the house.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I really hope they don't have more than two children, she seems to have such a negative mindset and is always complaining/struggling. Especially if she wants to get back to things she did before her child, when her little ones are old enough she will have time back in the day to do things while they're at a creche or school but if she keeps popping them out as per Thomas' plan to have a house full of children I can't see how that fits with her wanting to get back to some of her old lifestyle.

Reactions: 6
I thought she was raised by her mum until she was 16 then went to live with her da because the relationship had broken down through Mel's difficult behaviour ? just going by her sisters childhood recollections it seems she couldn't do any activities unless Mel wanted to partake, if anything I think her mum overcompensated because of the marriage breakdown and( possible )affair with Jesses dad ,I don't think she'll ever forgive her mum for the family break-up and it's a mutual agreement that they keep a distance from each other because of how toxic their relationship was/is ,maybe that's the reason her and Jess have grown apart as Jesses therapy has thrown up how much she was pushed aside to accommodate Mel in the new family set-up.

Adult children of emotionally avoidant or distant parents can, in their own parent child relationships, try to overcompensate by being all present all the time and emotionally smothering the child. It is a way of getting the emotional connection that they craved when they were younger, but it puts the child in a position of having to be constantly responsible for meeting the emotional needs of the parent. She’s trying to get that mother-child emotional fix by constantly reinforcing the idea of the child needs her and her alone, the child can’t be without her for even when it’s sleeping, her being away from the child can only cause harm to the child and make it “insecurely attached” .

She’s projecting all her own insecurities on to the child. She wants a complete bubble of a mother child relationship where the outside world or normal developmental independence even in a minuscule way is harmful. She’s fully committed to the martyr mammy role and needs to let everyone know about it.

Her dad absolutely is doing the housework. The woman has adopted a life of intentional helplessness. She booked her driving or theory test for her due date the last time. She had no intention of doing it. Sure how could she being doing anything that wouldn’t give her an excuse to stay locked in the house.
I could never see her have the confidence to drive ( especially with children present ) she can't even go walking on her own ,she's got no independence .

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I really hope they don't have more than two children, she seems to have such a negative mindset and is always complaining/struggling. Especially if she wants to get back to things she did before her child, when her little ones are old enough she will have time back in the day to do things while they're at a creche or school but if she keeps popping them out as per Thomas' plan to have a house full of children I can't see how that fits with her wanting to get back to some of her old lifestyle.
She’s already talking so much about getting her life back when the kids are all done, but does she not realise how long that will be? And that she won’t be the same person then? Having lots of kids is hard on the body, both the birth and having to keep up with tons of toddlers with limited sleep.

I feel like she just wants them to check off a list so that she can feel superior to other women who don’t have kids. And then she can actually go back to doing the things she wants to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
She’s already talking so much about getting her life back when the kids are all done, but does she not realise how long that will be? And that she won’t be the same person then? Having lots of kids is hard on the body, both the birth and having to keep up with tons of toddlers with limited sleep.

I feel like she just wants them to check off a list so that she can feel superior to other women who don’t have kids. And then she can actually go back to doing the things she wants to do.
So true. I know so many people who thought they would have kids in their early 20s and be done with the hard stuff by 30 and back living their life.. 20 years later that old life is irrelevant. They are no longer that person with those dreams, they just spend their time pottering about the house and thinking about their kids.

• Heart

Yes!! It is so long away I don't get pining for it now and bringing it up constantly... It makes me think of someone who really isn't happy with their lot right now. Live in the moment, you chose to have children there are so many out there that wish they could and can't.

This "getting life back" thing really bothers me. There's no reason why she can't do things, she's just too dependent on others and hermit like to branch out. On the days her MIL is doing childcare why can't she sign up for swimming or join a walking club or heck, she is talks about wanting to learn knitting all the time why not join a knitting group in her area for an hour a week.

She works part time.
Has childcare x3 days a week.
Her husband is home (4) days consecutively I believe?

She has it a lot easier than most mother's working a 9-5. She doesn't cook. Doesn't appear to take her child past her front door. I think motherhood cripples Mel and she uses others around her like a crutch while whining about getting her "life back" She has all the means and more hours than most to have some of her own freedom but instead wastes it waiting around on her husband to come home.

She strikes me as a deeply unhappy person trying to play a wholesome image while simultaneously bringing up her exes constantly and reminding people all the time that she did mushrooms. She wants to portray a housewife type image but deep down I'd say she misses attention and lack of responsibility, hence reminding people of all the sex and threesomes she used to have and her 'wild days' when she lived out of a suitcase ( her words lol)

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Yes!! It is so long away I don't get pining for it now and bringing it up constantly... It makes me think of someone who really isn't happy with their lot right now. Live in the moment, you chose to have children there are so many out there that wish they could and can't.

This "getting life back" thing really bothers me. There's no reason why she can't do things, she's just too dependent on others and hermit like to branch out. On the days her MIL is doing childcare why can't she sign up for swimming or join a walking club or heck, she is talks about wanting to learn knitting all the time why not join a knitting group in her area for an hour a week.

She works part time.
Has childcare x3 days a week.
Her husband is home (4) days consecutively I believe?

She has it a lot easier than most mother's working a 9-5. She doesn't cook. Doesn't appear to take her child past her front door. I think motherhood cripples Mel and she uses others around her like a crutch while whining about getting her "life back" She has all the means and more hours than most to have some of her own freedom but instead wastes it waiting around on her husband to come home.

She strikes me as a deeply unhappy person trying to play a wholesome image while simultaneously bringing up her exes constantly and reminding people all the time that she did mushrooms. She wants to portray a housewife type image but deep down I'd say she misses attention and lack of responsibility, hence reminding people of all the sex and threesomes she used to have and her 'wild days' when she lived out of a suitcase ( her words lol)
She's never been indepenent enough to branch out on her own she's always had her da there to catch her , I'd imagine the responsibility of parenthood would be quite daunting for a woman that's as emotionally stunted as her ,on the househunting vid (that was shared on here )it's very clear Thomas didn't figure on his FIL moving in with them ,he was quite happy with a three bed house so it couldn't have been discussed beforehand , I think she's glad Thomas is longhaul that way she gets to keep the security of having her da there ,he's her security blanket .

How old was Melmo when she started YouTube, and then also when her channel took off (using “took off” lightly).
I wonder if it’s like she’s got stuck mentally in that time era and feels it was her best in a way as she wasn’t so aware of life/her neurosis etc. So she goes over old memories/experiences/exes because of this?

I thought she was raised by her mum until she was 16 then went to live with her da because the relationship had broken down through Mel's difficult behaviour ? just going by her sisters childhood recollections it seems she couldn't do any activities unless Mel wanted to partake, if anything I think her mum overcompensated because of the marriage breakdown and( possible )affair with Jesses dad ,I don't think she'll ever forgive her mum for the family break-up and it's a mutual agreement that they keep a distance from each other because of how toxic their relationship was/is ,maybe that's the reason her and Jess have grown apart as Jesses therapy has thrown up how much she was pushed aside to accommodate Mel in the new family set-up.

I could never see her have the confidence to drive ( especially with children present ) she can't even go walking on her own ,she's got no independence .
Quoting myself here 😂 her driving lessons are coming on a treat she can’t believe the confidence she has behind the wheel…she’s never off Tattle 🤣
E2D9675F-2829-4B91-A6D1-275C9A28FBF3.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Here she goes again with the mothering advice videos. Would she ever kindly duck off and stop trying to give advice to mothers. She’s in no way aspirational.

• Sick
Reactions: 16
Screenshot_20220816-190919_Chrome.jpg
Well this looks like itll be a treat 🙃 wonder if it will end up disappearing like her video on envy. She really isn't the person to be talking about these topics.
Also- being in her "Miss Honey" outfit you know she was totally feeling herself like "yes I am this perfect mother figure straight out of Matilda" 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 19
View attachment 1503940 Well this looks like itll be a treat 🙃 wonder if it will end up disappearing like her video on envy. She really isn't the person to be talking about these topics.
Also- being in her "Miss Honey" outfit you know she was totally feeling herself like "yes I am this perfect mother figure straight out of Matilda" 🙄
The irony of her posting a video called "why mothers cannot win" while she is always putting other women/mothers down for doing things differently than her. She never misses an opportunity to shame women for something, she's a huge part of the problem.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
“This is why you are/will be a terrible mother” - “ Because you aren’t me” followed by 14 minutes of ads for tat she doesn’t use.

View attachment 1503940 Well this looks like itll be a treat 🙃 wonder if it will end up disappearing like her video on envy. She really isn't the person to be talking about these topics.
I'm so blessed my toddler co-sleeps with their legs in my face because it means they're sEcUrElY aTtAcHeD 😍 if your child doesn't do this, it means you've broken them. And you are indeed a terrible mother. Be more Mel, suffering is the name of the game 🙌😍

• Haha
I'm so blessed my toddler co-sleeps with their legs in my face because it means they're sEcUrElY aTtAcHeD 😍 if your child doesn't do this, it means you've broken them. And you are indeed a terrible mother. Be more Mel, suffering is the name of the game 🙌😍
She looked so angry in that picture 😅 you can feel the tension

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.