Meggan Grubb

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just saw this as well :( I’m so so sad for them :( literally the worst news you could ever hear as a pet owner that something awfulsl has happened to your pet and for it to be another neighbours pet that has done it as well :( just feel so sad for them as in general as an animal owner myself :( :(

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Not sure what they could really do to be honest, the neighbours might claim that poppy shouldn’t have been in their (I assume) garden?? It’s a different situation to if it were a dog biting theirs in public etc or the dog attacked a human… I have no idea, might just have to accept it was an awful accident as angry and upset as they’ll of course be

Reactions: 6
I don’t think anything can be done. A greyhound is trained (and has it in their nature) to chase, attack and kill. It was only doing what is in its nature. Poppy was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Reactions: 3
Not sure if much can be done either as it sounds like the dog was in its own yard. Maybe just warning other neighbours to be careful about letting their cats outside, and hopefully the dog’s owners can somehow train it to leave other animals alone (but that’s incredibly tough if it’s in their breed’s nature). Unfortunately this kind of thing is a risk with having outdoor cats. Doesn’t make it any less sad though. Poor Poppy 💔

As a cat owner, that’s my worst nightmare. I don’t let my cats own my garden anymore, after one of mine was hit and killed by a cyclist. Not the cyclists fault, just a horrible accident. I really do understand what they’re going through. Not sure they can take much action against the dog owner, as I assume the dog was in their back garden? Would be different if it escaped or something, but in their own back garden, it’s a tragic accident. Absolutely horrific all the same. I really feel for them.

Reactions: 5
Aww I think they are probably feeling horrible and don’t know whatto do atm, it’s just the worst news, I could cry for them, ultimately it’s a horrible thing that happened but the dog was in its own enclosed garden and sadly greyhounds ( especially ex racing ones) will chase to kill. I’m so sad for them and Poppy. The only consolation is she was out doing what cats do, probably looking for mice. She had a wonderful life with them, many never have that.

There’s nothing they’d be able to do, a friend of a friends dog got killed by another dog on a walk and the police said they cannot do anything as it’s an animal on animal crime it would be different if the dog bit / killed a person. Sadly just wrong place wrong time.

Reactions: 2
I cried reading what happened as a cat owner who loves their cat it's just like a nightmare coming true. I feel so so sorry for them losing little poppy. Man my heart breaks

• Heart
Reactions: 12
So heartbreaking 😢 been watching Meggan for years and always loved sassy poppy, she was beautiful. Such a sad awful shame for any pet owner to go through something so horrible 😞

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I cried reading what happened as a cat owner who loves their cat it's just like a nightmare coming true. I feel so so sorry for them losing little poppy. Man my heart breaks
Same…honestly made me cry and I can’t watch their stories now where they keep showing pop :( my parents had cats before they had me and my brother and we ve always had them and I genuinely feel heartbroken for them ;( I can’t imagine what they re going through to lose her in such awful circumstances as well :( I genuinely feel so sad for them both :(

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Same…honestly made me cry and I can’t watch their stories now where they keep showing pop :( my parents had cats before they had me and my brother and we ve always had them and I genuinely feel heartbroken for them ;( I can’t imagine what they re going through to lose her in such awful circumstances as well :( I genuinely feel so sad for them both :(
Me neither I don't think I can watch their stories for a bit as it makes me feel sick to the stomach for them. I can't imagine their hurt right now

Reactions: 2
Me neither I don't think I can watch their stories for a bit as it makes me feel sick to the stomach for them. I can't imagine their hurt right now
Same :( anything like that involving animals or peoples pets I just can’t watch as it makes me so upset thinking about how I’d feel if it were my own :( I honestly just feel so so heartbroken for them :(

• Heart
I think the shock and horror of how it happened is so awful as well, I really am so sad for them.

It’s got to be so hard too to know how to deal with the neighbours and their dog now. Not sure if they’re right next door but I’d be a little worried about Basil and Bluebell too now, what if they accidentally get out of the garden one day or the greyhound gets out? I just know if it were me I’d be so paranoid to let my pets out of my sight now.

Reactions: 8
It’s got to be so hard too to know how to deal with the neighbours and their dog now. Not sure if they’re right next door but I’d be a little worried about Basil and Bluebell too now, what if they accidentally get out of the garden one day or the greyhound gets out? I just know if it were me I’d be so paranoid to let my pets out of my sight now.
Honestly I don’t think I’d be coping very well with it at all. My fur babies are my world. Just so sad. Dear little Poppy.

• Heart
This would honestly be my worst nightmare as a cat owner :( how awful, poor Poppy :(((