McFly, McBusted and Wives

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This post made me so nostalgic for how the music scene used to be🥰 A single used to be released on radio or the music video would be out weeks before you could buy it. CD:UK, Top of The Pops, Smash Hits magazine and all of the teen/music magazines...god I feel so old now. I used to always know who was number 1, I wouldn't have a clue anymore. I don't think singles really matter as much anymore, albums do. Where the McFly album charts will be the one to watch. I don't think they'll be touring for a long time to come - no one will!
They're touring next year. In April. Postponed from this year

Weirdest thing to come out of a busted tour: remember his brother was their support act? His brother ended up shagging and marrying one of the Busted groupies and even weirder, her sister used to go to Matts gigs and get fan photos with him despite her sister being related to him. WEIRDDDD
Matts brothers band used to do their own (small) shows, if I remember correctly his brothers wife used to go to those before the busted tour. I saw some of the wedding pics at the time and there were a couple of other busted fans there, always wondered what matt thought of the whole thing!

Yes! I always thought it was kinda weird that the sister still bought tickets and went to shows! I think she did used to get guestlist for some though (probably if she went with matts brother and her sis?).

Reactions: 1
Matts brothers band used to do their own (small) shows, if I remember correctly his brothers wife used to go to those before the busted tour. I saw some of the wedding pics at the time and there were a couple of other busted fans there, always wondered what matt thought of the whole thing!

Yes! I always thought it was kinda weird that the sister still bought tickets and went to shows! I think she did used to get guestlist for some though (probably if she went with matts brother and her sis?).
Oh it’s a bit like Emily and James, wonder what everyone in his family, McBusted and wags must think!

Reactions: 2
that new song sounds like a bad rip off of You've Got a Friend in Me from Toy Story

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Yes YouTube recommended this to me today and I really enjoyed it. They're chemistry together is why I like them.

But Harry Judd....😍😍😍😍..god that man is perfection

hes with a major label and they signed off on this?! Using an old Instagram photo.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Oh dear god! I unfollowed James on insta, glad I'm not missing anything decent 🤷🏼 his album artwork is as bad as the single artwork!

I also don't think he's ever been a great lyricist tbh. When I was 9 I didn't think too much about the lyrics but when you listen back to the Busted stuff as an adult. It's OK. But it's all very teenage boy fantasising about unattainable or crazy women.
This is what I didn't like about McBusted. James really hindered all the progress Mcfly had made with their songwriting. They'd grown up. But In Da Club is probably the worst song ever written out of the whole Mcfly/Busted back catalogue (including Party Girl). I skip it every time.

When you listen back, James actually has a pretty disgusting view of women.

Reactions: 8
he appears to be a bit of a man child. What is cute and endearing at 18 or 21 is weird and creepy at nearly 40

Reactions: 10
Oh dear god! I unfollowed James on insta, glad I'm not missing anything decent 🤷🏼 his album artwork is as bad as the single artwork!

I also don't think he's ever been a great lyricist tbh. When I was 9 I didn't think too much about the lyrics but when you listen back to the Busted stuff as an adult. It's OK. But it's all very teenage boy fantasising about unattainable or crazy women.
This is what I didn't like about McBusted. James really hindered all the progress Mcfly had made with their songwriting. They'd grown up. But In Da Club is probably the worst song ever written out of the whole Mcfly/Busted back catalogue (including Party Girl). I skip it every time.

When you listen back, James actually has a pretty disgusting view of women.
Yeah, when you listen back to some of the Busted stuff as an adult it's not good...like All The Way.

I think James had some natural ability as a song writer when he started out as a teen, but he didn't put in the work to grow that talent. Tom said that James taught him how to craft a song. Tom worked on it and got way better. James did not.

Reactions: 6
Yeah, when you listen back to some of the Busted stuff as an adult it's not good...like All The Way.

I think James had some natural ability as a song writer when he started out as a teen, but he didn't put in the work to grow that talent. Tom said that James taught him how to craft a song. Tom worked on it and got way better. James did not.
Psycho Girl is about Kara Tointon - that always makes me giggle.

have to say, 3am is a fantastic song better than any McFly song imo

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Completely agree with this!

I think Tom grew and his matured with his age. I think he's incredibly talented in that regard. You can see how much it's developed from their first album to their most recent stuff.

James is still stuck in teenage mode with this lyrics. It's like mentally he's stuck at 21 and that really shows in his song writing abilities.

I personally thought all of McBusted's songs were utter garbage and you can tell he probably had the biggest influence on what was written/released.

Psycho Girl is about Kara Tointon - that always makes me giggle.

have to say, 3am is a fantastic song better than any McFly song imo
I agree, I absolutely love 3am. There are a few songs on Busted's first and second album that deserved to be released far more than Air Hostess or Crashed the Wedding.

Without You is my favourite!

Completely agree with this!

I think Tom grew and his matured with his age. I think he's incredibly talented in that regard. You can see how much it's developed from their first album to their most recent stuff.

James is still stuck in teenage mode with this lyrics. It's like mentally he's stuck at 21 and that really shows in his song writing abilities.

I personally thought all of McBusted's songs were utter garbage and you can tell he probably had the biggest influence on what was written/released.

I agree, I absolutely love 3am. There are a few songs on Busted's first and second album that deserved to be released far more than Air Hostess or Crashed the Wedding.

Without You is my favourite!
I've been a huuuuuge Busted fan for years. Some songs are fantastic! I haaaated Charlie for breaking them up and how he talked about Busted after, but in hindsight I think you can probably see his influence more in the better songs, which are more mature, like 3am, versus James' influence on the really immature ones.

I've been a huuuuuge Busted fan for years. Some songs are fantastic! I haaaated Charlie for breaking them up and how he talked about Busted after, but in hindsight I think you can probably see his influence more in the better songs, which are more mature, like 3am, versus James' influence on the really immature ones.
I much preferred the unreleased songs - particularly on Present for Everyone there were some fantastic songs.
My favourites are when day turns into night, without you, can’t break thru and better than this

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.