McFly, Busted and wives #3 Mcfly are going on tour but James Bourne is no more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
have you guys heard Charlie's new album?
it's really good! šŸ¤©
I like it but thereā€™s no substance and I mean that in a, itā€™s a bit random lyrically and just no relation to him and his life. The songs are great but I think his other albums have been better and made more sense. You can tell Busted reunion has influenced it, also by the fact two of the songs are Busted rejects!

James shut up. Your album and tour was a huge flop just admit it??
View attachment 1238703
he's got a valid point. its a rubbish industry and has driven lots of people to depression and despair and isn't what it used to be. bands/artists just don't get signed for writing great songs anymore. its about being a product and selling records in a more manufactured way than its ever been. James isn't the success he used to be and is acting a bit desperate recently, but he has credibility to do so. he's still a good songwriter but isn't in the same industry as when busted got signed. most successful artists now wouldn't have got a deal in the early 2000's if their lives depended on it because they simply can't sit down with a guitar or at a piano and write great songs. All their songs are written for them or collaborated with with successful songwriters. busted did it the traditional way like the beatles and punk bands of the time like Blink 182 or Green day etc. hard grind working on your music without the glamour crap. i think mcfly said once in 2012 or something that if they were just starting out in 2012, they probably wouldn't get a deal or at least would never have achieved what they did.

Reactions: 6
which ones? šŸ˜²
All The Best and Flatline. Flatline was written by Charlie, James and someone called Ollie who was doing a side project with James years ago called Call Me When Iā€™m 18 so that song is probably years old and Charlie changed it. Bit like Beautiful Mess that was a Call Me When Iā€™m 18 called Gone.

Reactions: 3
I think maybe he can write songs when he has someone telling him no to certain things and also having input but he canā€™t write songs alone lol
I always thought he was an amazing writer, now I think he was just in the room.

Tom / James writing duo for example for PFE and ROT3F albums seemed like a match made in heaven but tbh, Tom has made as good if not better songs without James and itā€™s not been the same for James. Same with Matt and Charlie, their other projects have been worlds apart from James out put.

I will say, I did love his Future Boy project but that was made with someone else, not pretty much alone like his past 2 albums!

but isn't in the same industry as when busted got signed. most successful artists now wouldn't have got a deal in the early 2000's if their lives depended on it because they simply can't sit down with a guitar or at a piano and write great songs. All their songs are written for them or collaborated with with successful songwriters.
also to this, this simply is not true. Some of the ā€œgreatest artistsā€ did not write their own music. Elvis never wrote a single song he sang, not one. Whitney basically never wrote her songs, neither did Frank Sinatra even BeyoncĆ© has ghost writers and they are just a handful of examples.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Anyone know why Charlie has cancelled his tour? Received an email from the venue but havenā€™t seen Charlie announce anything (unless I missed it!)

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Anyone know why Charlie has cancelled his tour? Received an email from the venue but havenā€™t seen Charlie announce anything (unless I missed it!)
It's for personal reasons. Someone on the mcfly discord posted about it. She's on his patreon so he messaged them first to say it was cancelled and he was also freezing their subscriptions for a couple of months. So he's expecting the reason for the cancellation to go on for a bit.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
It's for personal reasons. Someone on the mcfly discord posted about it. She's on his patreon so he messaged them first to say it was cancelled and he was also freezing their subscriptions for a couple of months. So he's expecting the reason for the cancellation to go on for a bit.
Wow. Hope heā€™s ok!!!!

Reactions: 1
I always thought he was an amazing writer, now I think he was just in the room.

Tom / James writing duo for example for PFE and ROT3F albums seemed like a match made in heaven but tbh, Tom has made as good if not better songs without James and itā€™s not been the same for James. Same with Matt and Charlie, their other projects have been worlds apart from James out put.

I will say, I did love his Future Boy project but that was made with someone else, not pretty much alone like his past 2 albums!

also to this, this simply is not true. Some of the ā€œgreatest artistsā€ did not write their own music. Elvis never wrote a single song he sang, not one. Whitney basically never wrote her songs, neither did Frank Sinatra even BeyoncĆ© has ghost writers and they are just a handful of examples.
yes but they had amazing voices that were unique and will never be heard again and they carved their own vision and are also solo aritists. most singers and even bands now get record deals just from singing covers on youtube and building a fan base. its cheap and not credible. im talking about bands that write all their own music and play their instruments. the traditional rock and roll band formula which busted and mcfly spear headed and made the modern boyband/artists look silly.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.