Matt Haig

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
what publisher thinks this will sell.... has it not all been done before ad nauseum?
unfortunately though, it will sell. he's got his thousands of followers who hang off every boring word he says who'll snap it up.

it's a small thing, but I deleted his books that I have read from my goodreads yesterday lest anyone think I still approve 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Notes on a Nervous Planet was okay but actually quite depressing...and I read The Midnight Library and thought the same thing

Reactions: 1
View attachment 610304
I cannot bear this tit. The fawning comments after it are almost as bad.

You are a privileged twit Matt, piss off.
What a pretentious gobshite he really is. He churns out page after page of this guff and it’s the same every time.
He needs to take his own advice and realise that not everyone will like him, and stop stalking and replying on Twitter to those who don’t.
twit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
View attachment 610304
I cannot bear this tit. The fawning comments after it are almost as bad.

You are a privileged twit Matt, piss off.

Get up in the morning.
Go to the loo. If it's just a number one, fine, just embrace it. If it's a number 2, get a magazine lined up, maybe light a candle, say a prayer, find a bible. Perhaps some nice quilted andrex. Or just Tesco economy loo roll. Or Halke Moists. It doesn't matter.
After that, if you need to burp, then burp.
Take the bin out. If you're in your slippers and PJ's, who cares?
Have breakfast. If it's just cornflakes, fine. Or, if you want to, make an avocado sourdough toastie with chili flakes, flax seeds, maybe a poached egg. Or maybe just toast. Or maybe, half toast, half bread. Have milk. Or tea. Or coffee. Or don't.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Screenshot_20210611-131409~2.png

I've squiggled as she's not a blue-ticker, though she is a very good young female writer so I expect Matt will try to go for her any minute now.

• Sad
This sounds really mean but reading his tweets and that latest book I get the impression he just isn't that bright?
He seems to have the most inane thoughts and see them as amazingly unusual. Plus his total inability to deal intelligently with constructive criticism but just sulks.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
This sounds really mean but reading his tweets and that latest book I get the impression he just isn't that bright?
He seems to have the most inane thoughts and see them as amazingly unusual. Plus his total inability to deal intelligently with constructive criticism but just sulks.
You hit it on the head. I don't understand how he keeps getting books.
He really plays into the "trolls" hands by responding. Why not just ignore them? Same with Alice Liveing.

This is exactly it. There’s nothing wrong with not being particularly bright of course, but it’s the fact he’s also deluded into thinking his inane thoughts are “amazingly unusual” as you put it.

His mini film review reads like a 13 year old trying to sound deep. The problem is he’s a 45 year old man with a career in writing. Personally, I much prefer books that are accessible to people of average intelligence; the skill of expressing complex ideas to everyone is underrated. That’s not what I’m getting when I read Matt’s work, though - it just comes across as ill thought out and unpolished. I can understand why half the book seems to be unfuckupable diary-style entries like quotes and lists.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
it's the least of his crimes, but trainers without socks? 😷 😤 🤧

Screenshot_20210613-191342_Twitter.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 5