Martin Macdonald

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Nohairdontcare - this forum is a place for people to come and speculate about influencers actions online. People are entitled to think Martin comes across as a knob if he acts like one. It’s not just one person saying this. It’s multiple people who are viewing his actions as being knobbish.

Reactions: 8
Just wondering but if you’re not Martin... and you really obviously like him, what drove you to his page on tattle?

How would you have even known there was anything going on with accusations, as you’ve stated that no one has mentioned him by name on Instagram, or in your eyes accused him of anything so just unsure what brought you here? 😏
It was the James smith and cronies thread, I’m a big jsa fan.
I didn’t know there was a thread for Martin until it was mentioned there and curiosity got the better of me

Just wondering but if you’re not Martin... and you really obviously like him, what drove you to his page on tattle?

How would you have even known there was anything going on with accusations, as you’ve stated that no one has mentioned him by name on Instagram, or in your eyes accused him of anything so just unsure what brought you here? 😏
I have always said from the start I will stand corrected, and I’ve just visited kathryns page again and she does say she was sexually assaulted. I didn’t realise it actually did so I will hold my hands up completely. And I don’t want to be finicky but no names were mentioned 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’m not Martin. These accusations only came to my attention a week and a half ago. I’m not defending Martin at all, if he has done what people on this thread are assuming then it’s abhorrent. I just don’t like the witch hunt mentality when there is no actual evidence yet.
Does anyone actually know what the current court case is about?
Is it possible it could be something other than rape or sexual assault?
is there anything other than speculation?
I’m not sure why you think it’s a witch hunt? It’s about 6 posters who believe the rumours about him to be true. This is also a gossip forum where people speculate about those who put themselves in the public eye - surely you are doing the same thing by being a member of this forum and commenting on other people’s threads?

I understand the point you are making though with regards to evidence/ official statements made( of the lack of) . As I said earlier though there is no smoke without fire and people will speculate / draw their own conclusions based on what other influencers have posted about why they no longer follow Martin or those who used to work there and have since left ( who are now alluding to shady goings on). It could indeed be them all being a bitter pill about their time working with Martin but I don’t get that impression from any of them in particular the influencer who has disassociated herself with the brand due to an incident which made her feel uncomfortable.

Reactions: 5
It was the James smith and cronies thread, I’m a big jsa fan.
I didn’t know there was a thread for Martin until it was mentioned there and curiosity got the better of me

I have always said from the start I will stand corrected, and I’ve just visited kathryns page again and she does say she was sexually assaulted. I didn’t realise it actually did so I will hold my hands up completely. And I don’t want to be finicky but no names were mentioned 🤷🏻‍♀️
A big Jsa fan. Explains the reasoning behind your defences for Martin. Both incapable of being critiqued. Maybe look up to people with good people skills and morals. I can't believe your statements at times. Just as Deluded as Martin trying to defend his every move. How can you watch his stories/attitudes and find him normal I'll never know.

Reactions: 7
I just want to stick to chatting about Martin tbh and if @Nohairdontcare is saying they are not Martin then ok. I appreciate that we all have a different opinion on the situation and I hope it doesn’t feel like an attack because of this.

In terms of his humour, I think you make a fair point, not everyone likes vulgar humour but some do and that’s fine, and he’s certainly not the only one doing it. I personally love filthy humour and don’t have any issue with it, but I am surprised at his cockiness in continuing to do it in light of what he is being accused of. Regardless of whether he is even guilty or not, I think it’s crazy to continue making sexual jokes and goading “haters” and “Karen’s” if he is currently under investigation or even being accused of sexual assault- that, to me, is pure arrogance at play (and is really stupid of him).
I also think you can tell when he a clear difference between when he’s just making a sexual joke just to amuse his followers or colleagues, and when he’s attacking someone and trying to get away with it in a jokey way. Him randomly singing “you can’t make a housewife out of a ho” the other day was so obvious and cringe-worthy. He’s also had a go on his stories before at another nutrition scientist who is actually highly credible and more likeable (and intelligent) than him, he said something really horrendous about him without naming him and filmed his employee Billy looking shocked at him saying it and then posted about 12 million more stories of his followers speculating who he might have been talking about.

no there hasn’t. You’re all assuming that he has raped people, or sexually assaulted them. None has said outright. That’s the point. If the court case involves say Charlotte and Martin, there’s nothing stopping other people coming forward.
I have said previously that I’m happy to be corrected but you can’t just assume these things. I understand there is a court case (of which none of you know the details or the accused) but you’re all just assuming. Just because you find someone creepy or his humour is not to your liking, it doesn’t make him a rapist. You cannot accuse people without evidence. I 100% stand with people who are abused but you cannot just accuse someone without evidence to back it up. and I mean the people on here, not Charlotte or the other woman.

and for the record I’m not Martin. Check my post history,I’ve never deleted my posts 😉

Because my last post was deleted for being seen as arguing......

ill rephrase my comment.

I’ve no doubt there are people in this thread who have had personal run ins with Martin and are using here as a safe place to finally speak out.

Like it’s been mentioned - no smoke without fire.
I personally believe the victims - plural - and have no doubt that when the court case is out in the open, more evidence of his abhorrent behaviour will surface.
Fraud, bullying, adultery, racism and harassment has been mentioned by people associated in the past with him, going back years before he became ‘insta famous’

I have refrained from commenting on court or allegations as I wouldn’t want anything to jeopardise the case of the women in question. The odds are already stacked against them sadly.

However, I would like to think that in time people (including men!) start publicly using their platforms & calling him out for some of the behaviour he exhibits online...e.g. how do you make a bleep moan/ Anne gate/ make a housewife out out of a bleep etc. It’s not cool anymore particularly when you have a massive platform.

Could you imagine the difference he could make in the industry and the way it views women if he called out this type of sh*t the same way he does the pseudo science brigade? But he won’t... because he clearly doesn’t seem to value women.

I hope when his daughter grows up she realises it’s not ok to be treated the way he appears to treat women.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
QUOTE="PurpleMoth, post: 3834451, member: 97755"]
I have refrained from commenting on court or allegations as I wouldn’t want anything to jeopardise the case of the women in question. The odds are already stacked against them sadly.

However, I would like to think that in time people (including men!) start publicly using their platforms & calling him out for some of the behaviour he exhibits online...e.g. how do you make a bleep moan/ Anne gate/ make a housewife out out of a bleep etc. It’s not cool anymore particularly when you have a massive platform.

Could you imagine the difference he could make in the industry and the way it views women if he called out this type of sh*t the same way he does the pseudo science brigade? But he won’t... because he clearly doesn’t seem to value women.

I hope when his daughter grows up she realises it’s not ok to be treated the way he appears to treat women.
[/QUOTE]

Absolutely all of this. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Reactions: 2

agreed! And the way he calls any woman who calls him out a “feminazi” it’s very 15 year old on Reddit troll vibes, it’s pathetic

Reactions: 6
no there hasn’t. You’re all assuming that he has raped people, or sexually assaulted them. None has said outright. That’s the point. If the court case involves say Charlotte and Martin, there’s nothing stopping other people coming forward.
I have said previously that I’m happy to be corrected but you can’t just assume these things. I understand there is a court case (of which none of you know the details or the accused) but you’re all just assuming. Just because you find someone creepy or his humour is not to your liking, it doesn’t make him a rapist. You cannot accuse people without evidence. I 100% stand with people who are abused but you cannot just accuse someone without evidence to back it up. and I mean the people on here, not Charlotte or the other woman.

and for the record I’m not Martin. Check my post history,I’ve never deleted my posts 😉
Yes, there has been more than one. It’s not just Charlotte.

Reactions: 5
This is my issue. No one has said ‘Martin MacDonald raped me’ or ‘Martin MacDonald sexually assaulted me. If he’s the monster you say he is then it would have happened more than once? So we wouldn’t need one persons court testimony to make it
‘True’

There would be multiple people shouting, look at the me too movement, there would be names and actual things that have happened
And it’s got nothing to do with me trusting the bloke it’s about being innocent until proven guilty. Im
Yet to see an actual testimony or peice of evidence that says otherwise
Im not for one minute saying I don’t believe girls when they they say they’ve been assaulted or raped - but no one has actually said the words yet. That is my whole point.
Somebody has to rape more than one person to become a monster? Wow.

Hmm, I made my comment before I realised others had been disgusted by the same remark. I don’t buy the back-tracking either. What kind of record would you like @Nohairdontcare? If the court case falls through as rape cases usually do, does that mean the girl(s) accusing him were lying? Of course not. Abuse isn’t black and white, people suffer in silence. Just because you personally haven’t suffered or haven’t met anybody who has, doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened. Which at least tells us you aren’t a student of his as you’d understand the meaning of anecdotal evidence.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Can anyone recommend alternatives to MNU or good free nutrition learning resources online?

Wonder if Charlotte has something on with regards to the case tomorrow?? Her grid post and the comments underneath makes me thing she might.

Reactions: 4
Wonder if Charlotte has something on with regards to the case tomorrow?? Her grid post and the comments underneath makes me thing she might.

I noticed after it was mentioned on here that Cory Crowley still followed Martin, she stopped following him (Hi Cory 👋🏻 ) - now fully team Charlotte it seems. Also that Mike Reddan who has commented has removed all traces of MNU from his insta, so I think it might be...

Reactions: 3
I noticed after it was mentioned on here that Cory Crowley still followed Martin, she stopped following him (Hi Cory 👋🏻 ) - now fully team Charlotte it seems. Also that Mike Reddan who has commented has removed all traces of MNU from his insta, so I think it might be...
Another insta account said she removed all traces of MNU a year or so ago because of the practices going on.

Can anyone recommend alternatives to MNU or good free nutrition learning resources online?
Not sure if you want to become a professional but I was advised that the best thing to do is get a nutrition Bsc Degree then do a short private nutritionist course. This way you'll have all the scientific backing and be respected by your peers.

If it's just for your own development then BTN are supposed to be good.

Reactions: 1
Not sure if you want to become a professional but I was advised that the best thing to do is get a nutrition Bsc Degree then do a short private nutritionist course. This way you'll have all the scientific backing and be respected by your peers.

If it's just for your own development then BTN are supposed to be good.
thanks I'll check BTN out, its just for personal interest

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.