Maeve Madden

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No one should judge- when my dad was terminally ill he insisted we kept everything normal and didn’t change any plans or how we did things. The wedding might be going ahead at his insistence. My dad passed before I met my husband and I obviously found the wedding day hard but in some ways I think it’s more difficult for Maeve with her dad still here but not able to attend. Anyone criticising her for going ahead with the wedding needs to have a look at themselves as it’s nasty and lacking compassion.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Saying you don’t even feel sorry for someone because of their Dad is nasty. It’s not a differing opinion, it’s downright rotten.

I agree. I think it’s very clear her Daddy is incredibly sick and the lack of empathy shown by people on here is disgusting. You can think what you want about Maeve etc and what she posts and shares but to read people openly saying they ‘don’t even feel sorry for her because of her Dad’ is low.
No doubt he wants it to go ahead, its awful sad.

Reactions: 8
I do feel sorry for her and her family BUT How the hell can she be parting, drinking, laughing, posing for pics and going through with this farce of an Instagram wedding knowing her wee daddy is laying up on a hospital bed alone 🥺 ??? Imagine the stress she is causing her family. She should without a doubt cancel in my opinion. I understand people are saying to go ahead but imo that would be more undertandable if she wasn’t already married (and made a big event if it!). This farce would be the last thing on my mind if I were her.

My friend knows two of the invitees and no one is even interested in attending even family members (cousins) are saying “sure she’s already married”. Money is very very tight for people at home and also according to him 30 were invited to the hen but 8 turned up.

The thing is Maeve IS already married and it was an expensive wedding with her family and daddy there. The “church blessing” she is getting is now the fake part just so she can get pics for the gram and for eveyone to say awe maeve you’re so sooo beautiful etc etc. bleeping yuck!!! 🤢🤢 Essentially she’s saying come along and pay duck loads to be props in my “photo shoot”. Her family have to smile and get dress up to be publicly paraded with her wee daddy dying. I think anyone who was already married would forget a 2nd wedding day under these awful circumstances. She would get so much more respect too. Also why is she airing her wee daddy’s critical health on Instagram?? He’s a lovely, modest and private wee man and I’m sure he doesn’t want the whole of Ireland knowing his private health issues. She’s using this for content 🥺🤯

She said herself they can’t get the sacrament of marriage it’s just a service/blessing type of thing. She definitely is no mass goer so someone please tell me what’s the point in it all? Oh yeah that’s right. INSTAGRAM and to pretend she’s holy 🙄 it’s honestly like a horrific episode of black mirror. Creepy as hell. She is a slave to an App on a phone and validation from strangers even when faced with the death of a parent. Also she lives this weird life in Dubai speaking into a phone alone in an old decrepid villa. She can “work” from anywhere so can himself. Surely using your remote job to work at home would be your only thought now. Her priorities are mind boggling.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
It’s extremely sad and I do feel for that her daddy is so ill and can’t be with her today However, I think that she really needs to SERIOUSLY reevaluate how she conducts herself on her platform as the entitled, drama, self obsessiveness has worn thing. Evidentially the course over the last few days is a stark reminder of truly what is important and in value in life not validation/likes from strangers on a public platform.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
ANYWAY- did she get her dress fixed in the end and what was actually wrong with it??

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I stand by the fact she’s choosing to have second wedding her dad can’t attend. And don’t put words in my mouth I did not once say I don’t care about her dad dying. Those were not my words. I said I have no sympathy for her with her dad not being able to come to her second wedding. This is a gossip website at the end of the day. If you want to make a rave thread for her that might be a better place for people who don’t want to see comments that upset them.

Also comments like mine are why we end up in newspapers? This thread is tame compared to many others. Get on PTWM or KDIL and see what Tattle is really like.

I stand by what I said a few days ago about her guests not being able to afford to even stay in the hotel. Her bestie who's taking part in the wedding, ingrid, isn't even staying. She's staying somewhere else and I'm sure she's not the only one. I know maeve is a narcissist so doesn't actually care, but I could never ask people to spend so much money for my wedding 😱

Im not so familiar with Adare but I’d say the b&b near the hotel is full 🤣 or there’ll be a loooot of taxis going between Limerick city and Adare this evening. Its a filthy day in Limerick for a wedding.

• Haha
Tbf no one has to stay at the wedding venue, esp if there are more reasonable options nearby. If people want to bankrupt themselves to stay ar adare cos it’s the wedding venue that’s on them 😂😂

Reactions: 7
Tbf no one has to stay at the wedding venue, esp if there are more reasonable options nearby. If people want to bankrupt themselves to stay ar adare cos it’s the wedding venue that’s on them 😂😂
Personally if I was getting married I would want as many of my friends/family to stay in the venue as possible so we could all experience this together.

Adare is in the South, Maeve is from the North so its not like it has any personal attachment for her, seems a bit of a strange choice 🤔

Reactions: 9
I'd like to make it clear coz it seems some on this thread are hell bent on putting words in people's mouths or taking things out of context. At no point did i say she should cancel this shin dig, I said I'd no sympathy for her moaning and yapping the last few months over an insta wedding. The final straw was her absol disregard for their being a serious accident on the a1 and how it was inconvenient to her. Anyone from this area knows straight away if that roads closed that something serious has happened so for her to dismiss it was quite insensitive. Just wish people would call this shin dig what it is, its a magazine wedding for z list celebs and 'influencers'

Is their a Chapel near the adare Manor? Didn't she yap on the reason she is having the Irish leg of the wedding was to have a blessing in the Chapel? Or was that lies?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I stand by everything I said too..I wish her poor Dad the best, I hope he doesn't take a turn and he is on his own. Wishing Mavis and himself the perfect instagrammable wedding party ever and that the Range Rover will get them back to Daisy Hill very quickly if needed.

✋ It was me I was one of the ones who said I thought she should have cancelled it and I stand by that. She's already married, this event in Adare is all for the gram, her Daddy is not well, time is precious, her priorities are different to mine!

I don’t even feel bad for her re her dad.

I just don’t feel sympathy for her when this is a situation of her own making.
😶 Presumably she couldn’t cancel it this week really anyway as others have pointed out, did someone say she had a magazine deal? And she would easily loose hundreds of thousands of pounds. Plus all the money that her guests had spent, time off etc. I don’t think she had a choice, and if she cancels I can imagine her dad would feel extremely guilty?

Reactions: 4
😶 Presumably she couldn’t cancel it this week really anyway as others have pointed out, did someone say she had a magazine deal? And she would easily loose hundreds of thousands of pounds. Plus all the money that her guests had spent, time off etc. I don’t think she had a choice, and if she cancels I can imagine her dad would feel extremely guilty?
I'm sure she has insurance, given the current circumstances she would have been silly not to!

Reactions: 3
As much as I want to see all the style, who's there, the "eleganza" my thoughts and prayers will be with Mr Madden, he is being well looked after in DHH for sure though. I'm sure they will have him watching on Zoom or Facetime.
I also feel that in a time where family's are struggling the amount of money being spent on this unnecessary extravagance is shameful.

If a friend or relative of mine had to cancel their wedding last minute because their parent was seriously ill, I wouldn't personally begrudge them my costs. Might be annoyed alright but that would pale in significance to what the family could be going through.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
If a friend or relative of mine had to cancel their wedding last minute because their parent was seriously ill, I wouldn't personally begrudge them my costs. Might be annoyed alright but that would pale in significance to what the family could be going through.
Absolutely- but I can imagine her or her dad would end up feeling very guilty that all of these people had lost money on flights, hotel rooms, outfits etc. Which is probably one of the things they considered when they decided to go ahead, someone feeling guilty for a wedding being cancelled whilst on their deathbed probably was a worse option.

There are so many beautiful wedding Venues in Ireland yet she choose Adare to keep up her “MONEY MAEVE” status with her cronies. I really find it laughable She didn’t take her “friends” from London to the part of Ireland she is actually from…. NEWRY actually took them so far away from it! 🤣 if you know the cathedral you know it is a stunning chapel which maybe would have attained some sentimental value but that isn’t good enough for her.
As for on complaining the morning of her wedding is yet another reason why this thread is so active of late!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.