Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tiktoklurker

I wish her and her family well in the coming days. I'd say her dad wished her an amazing weekend, nobody knows what her family dynamics are so only her and her family know about those conversations.
Agree completely, People stating that she is a disgrace for having her wedding when they don’t know what has happened behind closed doors. With the restrictions in the hospitals at the moment, what did they expect the girl to do? Sit at home and cry with her 4 siblings and cousins? It would have only been Jacqui being able to see him.
The call may well be that he’s being let home for end of life care which is why she’s bundled everything into the jeep to get home, you can see by the state of it that everything was thrown in, in a rush.

Agree completely, People stating that she is a disgrace for having her wedding when they don’t know what has happened behind closed doors. With the restrictions in the hospitals at the moment, what did they expect the girl to do? Sit at home and cry with her 4 siblings and cousins? It would have only been Jacqui being able to see him.
The call may well be that he’s being let home for end of life care which is why she’s bundled everything into the jeep to get home, you can see by the state of it that everything was thrown in, in a rush.

People had a lot to say when the girl went home the past two christmases to see her father and still have a lot to say now that she’s had a wedding without him, she’ll never be able to please any of these.

• Heart
Reactions: 58

Kilingtime

VIP Member
Am I the only one not at all bothered what her Fiancé does? When she says he 'doesn't do social media', I always took it that he just didn't want to be plastered all over her social media- which is fair enough?
He's her Manager- and? Yes, she mightn't have announced that, but again- does it really matter? I don't think her 'hiding' it is a big deal 🤷‍♀️
Maybe I'm missing something..

Reactions: 49

cafwin53

She is choosing entirely to have a wedding that her dad can’t attend when she’s already married. And you’re on the wrong website if you’re offended by people with views other than the ones you have.
No, she chose to have the first wedding so her dad could be there. Yesterday was the original plan but she made a new plan to make sure her dad could be there. Fair play to her in my opinion

• Heart
Reactions: 44

shooketh

Couldn’t give less of shit about her sisters conviction and anyone else for that matters people do shit and go prison big whoop doesn’t mean you should judge everyone based on that. And as for the sharing the Bobby sands post so what??? Not sure what the problem is she’s Irish and therefore maybe aligned to Sinn Fein or republican struggles shock horror

Reactions: 43

Lmarcon

VIP Member
No one should judge- when my dad was terminally ill he insisted we kept everything normal and didn’t change any plans or how we did things. The wedding might be going ahead at his insistence. My dad passed before I met my husband and I obviously found the wedding day hard but in some ways I think it’s more difficult for Maeve with her dad still here but not able to attend. Anyone criticising her for going ahead with the wedding needs to have a look at themselves as it’s nasty and lacking compassion.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

EllsBellsWells

Chatty Member
Yeah I have to say the complete lack of sympathy for someone who’s dad is basically dying is what gives sites like this a bad name

Reactions: 36

brick

I would like to think he waited until the wedding passed to let go. My sister in laws father hung on until she came back from her big scan that day, once he saw the photo and heard the good news, he passed a while after.
None of us know the full details. And quite frankly who the hell are we to judge on the reasons why the wedding went ahead, judge the dress, colour of her lipstick or whatever, but whoever said this isn’t a rave thread and to move on should be ashamed of themselves. Stand by what you said by all means, in fact I think you should as backtracking would make you look fake, however, don’t dismiss others points of view and good wishes and intentions. There a lot of people here who have clearly lost people in a similar manner and have every right to sympathise and relate.
you can go back to laughing at her accent or her carryon at more suitable hour if you had any decency.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

EllsBellsWells

Chatty Member
I think in normal times I’d have had a LOT to say about that wedding. But with her awful situation I could only see it for what it was- her trying to make the best of a very shit day. I do think her being on her phone a lot is the only way she can get out of her thoughts and really who wouldn’t do that, the poor woman was clearly trying to distract herself and stay upbeat. I think she tried to and probably did make some really nice memories, but bittersweet.

I’ll shit on a lot of influencers for a lot of things but how they choose to cope with a dying parent ain’t one of them

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Ro98

VIP Member
I can't imagine having that day when my dad was so sick but then I know my dad would 100% say do it and he would want to be alive to see all the pictures & videos and to hear me tell him about it.
Maybe hers is the same and wants to see his daughter have a lovely day even if not there? No one really knows.
Everyone behaves differently when faced with times like this. I wouldn't handle it well and 100% my siblings would visit more than me, it wouldn't mean I love my dad any less than them so I think those kinds of comments are very harsh.
No one can really judge as we aren't Maeve.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Snowjoke

VIP Member
Visiting is still very strict, especially in cancer hospitals and wards. Normally there is one nominated person due to covid. I don’t think anyone can really judge how anyone deals with such an awful situation 😔 it’s just an awful time for them all.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

EggnToasts

I don’t even feel bad for her re her dad. She had a wedding with her dad, she had a lovely dress etc. This entire thing is for show and Instagram likes. There is literally no need for it to happen when they’re married already other than for online validation. I do hope her dad is ok, I just don’t feel sympathy for her when this is a situation of her own making.
Christ what a nasty way to think about life. Lucky for you it seems like you've never been in her situation. I'm sure her dad won't be far from anyones mind on the day. If she can afford it and wants another wedding day good for her, not my style at all but am looking forward to seeing the glam over the weekend.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Cupcakes2020

Chatty Member
Looking at the wedding again this morning, it really is beautiful, topped off with the bow. I think she pulled it off well. I really liked Andrew’s morning suit. I adored the flowers and thought her outfit the next day we a break from the other instahuns next day dresses. (I am not Maeve)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

lmcn23

There is struggles and then there are Murders and terrorists!! If that’s your bag then each to there own (as we are all snow flakes now!) but when you follow a page for positivity , work outs and a little bit of banter , l am not sure if this is something that you expect to come across!!!
Oh please don’t turn this into something it’s not, she has the right to have her views as does anyone 🙄 just because she shares workouts she doesnt have to be politically neutral!! Dont want to turn this into a politics lesson but there are different definitions of a terrorist depending on who you are so stop simplifying something that’s extremely complex!!! No matter what anyone thinks about Maeve she is from beside the border and obviously a Catholic, wouldn’t take a genius to figure out she’s most likely on the nationalist side of things!!

Reactions: 26

EllsBellsWells

Chatty Member
Lack of sympathy? Maeve couldn't give a flying f**k about anyone but herself. Her dear Daddy is lying in a hospital bed while his self obsessed daughter is on about a Range Rover and her guests a calling it a Royal Wedding ffs, she has whinged and bitched and moaned more than usual over the past few weeks. If her Daddy was a priority she would have cancelled but my bet is there's alot of money by outsiders invested in this party and she would lose alot, as well as content for the gram. She is already married so I think she is missing the point about marriage, she's shallow and there's no getting past that. Adare to Daisy Hill hospital is almost a 4 hour journey, I really hope her Daddy doesn't take a turn and none of his family are with him. The poor man 🙇‍♀️
I don’t disagree with what most of people are saying about her and the wedding, constant moaning, complaining about the motorway being closed etc, but when I come on here and see someone literally say ‘I don’t even feel bad for her re her dad’ then that is a pretty shit attitude to have towards someone who’s dad is dying. I’m not saying we all have to constantly fawn over her, just that it seems really off to say stuff like that. If I saw someone say that when my parent was dying I’d be heartbroken.

When you’ve got a relative with a terminal illness you all know that events like this are so uncertain, I’m sure they will have discussed what will happen if he was too ill to go. I am also sure that most people would be adamant they would want their daughter not to cancel it. It’s not really my place to judge what decisions someone is making when they’re going through something awful as this- again, like a lot of stuff she does is fair game to criticise her for but how she handles her dad dying is up to her.

rosieee99

Couldn’t give less of shit about her sisters conviction and anyone else for that matters people do shit and go prison big whoop doesn’t mean you should judge everyone based on that. And as for the sharing the Bobby sands post so what??? Not sure what the problem is she’s Irish and therefore maybe aligned to Sinn Fein or republican struggles shock horror
💯% agree with you. I’m from the same area as her, went to the same school, also a catholic woman with nationalist beliefs and aligned to Sinn Fein.

Having moved to England recently it’s appalling the misunderstanding and ignorance people in England (and you know what even in the south of Ireland) have of Northern Ireland’s past and present.

If anything I’d wish she’d speak out more on her political beliefs to help educate people, especially with tensions building so high once again with Brexit issues.

But anyway, know this is a gossip site so will stop there.

• Heart

Indiepop

I thought the original wedding was always planned to be the big event that’s happening now but they had the legal ceremony in London as a relatively last minute decision possibly due to some news about her dad’s health not being great. It wouldn’t be fair on the guests who have paid for flights etc to cancel at the last minute either. I hope she has a great day, it’ll be bittersweet I’m sure.

Reactions: 25
Am I the only one not at all bothered what her Fiancé does? When she says he 'doesn't do social media', I always took it that he just didn't want to be plastered all over her social media- which is fair enough?
He's her Manager- and? Yes, she mightn't have announced that, but again- does it really matter? I don't think her 'hiding' it is a big deal 🤷‍♀️
Maybe I'm missing something..
i feel the same - like what backlash - Why is it such a big drama?
Shes keeping him off her insta - just cause he works in the media doesn't mean he wants or needs to be plastered all over his girlfriends socials
People saying shes sneaky or its scandalous and all this Why does it matter?
People go out with people they meet at work all the time its normal
But Maeve is a dick for doing it and not telling the world?????

• Heart
Anybody from the Newry area knows how strict Daisy Hill is, even before Covid only 1 person was allowed into intensive care per day and at that they were only allowed to stay 1 hour. Some of the comments made here disgust me. As a parent I wouldn’t hear mention of my child cancelling her wedding for me, I would have wanted her to have the best time imaginable and to go ahead with all the plans. I lost my own father to cancer, he had several turns over the course of 2 years, even his last turn I thought he’d pull through like he did the others.

• Heart