Madonna

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Never realised how much she looked like Julia Louis Dreyfus as a young'un.

My favourite videos:

And I still do some of these dance moves in my head no matter which song I'm listening to:

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Never realised how much she looked like Julia Louis Dreyfus as a young'un.

My favourite videos:

And I still do some of these dance moves in my head no matter which song I'm listening to:

Love these! And I love that your Don’t Tell Me dancing fits with any song!

My favourite video is easily Vogue. The styling, the looks, the makeup, the choreography! The dancing at 3:15 right after the “GET UP ON THE DANCEFLOOR” part is just genius.

---
Another early gem. I think this is up there with Lucky Star, it’s got that gorgeous 80s sound.

---
Double post because I do think the video link worked and this song must be heard! 🤣

---
Ffs. It’s not working, “Think Of Me“ is the song! ❤✌🏻

Last edited:
  • Heart
Sorry, one more thing I want say (for now) is that Madonna LOVES music. So when you try to pick a favourite Madonna song, its so hard, I don’t know about you guys, but when someone asks your favourite Madonna song? I just think, “what era, what album, what genre, what mood?”

It really upset me learning that Madonna was unwell. I wish her well, and I feel for her loved ones. As a fan I need to get this out somewhere.

I have taken her for granted and I feel like such a prick. I forgot that she is human. I never expected her to get ill. And I keep reminding myself that it’s not about me, it about Madonna, and her loved ones, her kids, her family and friends.

She’s just been so much a part of my life that until Wednesday this week I never stopped to think about it. I literally think about her music every day. So Madonna, and her music, are like idk, always there.

I can’t even begin to explain how her music has been there for me, I know it’s the same for so many others on this thread and all over the world.

The Music album got me through my first serious heartbreak.
Jump helped me get thiugh so many crap jobs.
Vogue just gives me life.
Into the Groove gives me life too.
What It Feels like For A Girl made me see Madonna’s gentle side and made me appreciate my gentle side.
I Don’t Search I Find was my soundtrack on my way to health appointments.
Keep It Together is about family, but it helped me keep my head together when I was losing it.

And that is just the tip of the iceberg! If I want to feel reflective, I listen to The Bedtime Stories album, if I’m getting ready for a night out, it’s Confessions.

And that’s just the music! Madonna as a person has always inspired me, again, in such a way that I took it for granted. I’m bi, and it was amazing to see her support of gay people and HIV/AIDS organisations.

Every time I worry about turning a certain age, I think, “what was Madonna doing then?” … which is always fabulous. Turned 40? Ray of Light era girl!!!

I love that she’s this tiny strong lady, like so many of us women are. I love that she’s not a puppet to record companies or producers, she is in control. I LOVE what a ”control freak” she is. Because 1, that’s just how she is and theres no shame in that, and 2, thank duck she has always been in control of her music and image, because she knows what’s he’s doing, and hello, look at her 40 year career, it worked out great for her.… because, she knows what she’s doing, what works, and she is in contro!

And she LOVES music. With her, it’s not just about being famous, her music means something to her. She’s not just putting out songs written by a team of songwriters she’s NEVER done that, it’s all her.
I love music myself and I can tell when other people are the same. Madonna is the real deal. she’s never “trying to be relevant” she’s just really, REALLY interested in music, and looks for producers for each album to explore that with.

So of course it shook me the duck up that it looked like she was seriously unwell. On a human level, I atheist-prayed for her and her family. And on a personal, selfish level, I just thought “for fucks sake no, we can’t have a world without Madonna”.

If anyone has read this far, thank you ✌🏻 I was trying to keep it brief!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Sorry, one more thing I want say (for now) is that Madonna LOVES music. So when you try to pick a favourite Madonna song, its so hard, I don’t know about you guys, but when someone asks your favourite Madonna song? I just think, “what era, what album, what genre, what mood?”

It really upset me learning that Madonna was unwell. I wish her well, and I feel for her loved ones. As a fan I need to get this out somewhere.

I have taken her for granted and I feel like such a prick. I forgot that she is human. I never expected her to get ill. And I keep reminding myself that it’s not about me, it about Madonna, and her loved ones, her kids, her family and friends.

She’s just been so much a part of my life that until Wednesday this week I never stopped to think about it. I literally think about her music every day. So Madonna, and her music, are like idk, always there.

I can’t even begin to explain how her music has been there for me, I know it’s the same for so many others on this thread and all over the world.

The Music album got me through my first serious heartbreak.
Jump helped me get thiugh so many crap jobs.
Vogue just gives me life.
Into the Groove gives me life too.
What It Feels like For A Girl made me see Madonna’s gentle side and made me appreciate my gentle side.
I Don’t Search I Find was my soundtrack on my way to health appointments.
Keep It Together is about family, but it helped me keep my head together when I was losing it.

And that is just the tip of the iceberg! If I want to feel reflective, I listen to The Bedtime Stories album, if I’m getting ready for a night out, it’s Confessions.

And that’s just the music! Madonna as a person has always inspired me, again, in such a way that I took it for granted. I’m bi, and it was amazing to see her support of gay people and HIV/AIDS organisations.

Every time I worry about turning a certain age, I think, “what was Madonna doing then?” … which is always fabulous. Turned 40? Ray of Light era girl!!!

I love that she’s this tiny strong lady, like so many of us women are. I love that she’s not a puppet to record companies or producers, she is in control. I LOVE what a ”control freak” she is. Because 1, that’s just how she is and theres no shame in that, and 2, thank duck she has always been in control of her music and image, because she knows what’s he’s doing, and hello, look at her 40 year career, it worked out great for her.… because, she knows what she’s doing, what works, and she is in contro!

And she LOVES music. With her, it’s not just about being famous, her music means something to her. She’s not just putting out songs written by a team of songwriters she’s NEVER done that, it’s all her.
I love music myself and I can tell when other people are the same. Madonna is the real deal. she’s never “trying to be relevant” she’s just really, REALLY interested in music, and looks for producers for each album to explore that with.

So of course it shook me the duck up that it looked like she was seriously unwell. On a human level, I atheist-prayed for her and her family. And on a personal, selfish level, I just thought “for fucks sake no, we can’t have a world without Madonna”.

If anyone has read this far, thank you ✌🏻 I was trying to keep it brief!
Couldn't have said it better myself! 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think if Madonna got rid of the arse implants, cheek implants and dressed classy in maybe old school Chanel or something, she could get some respect back. No one wants to see her tits and arse, we saw them back in the 90's and weren't keen then! I wouldn't say she is talentless, she obviously has balls and knows an opportunity when she sees one, but now needs to accept she is simply too old to compete with the youngsters, not that I think the modern trends are even particularly sexy or attractive.
Yes I’ve always thought this, she would have held respect as the matriarch of modern music and would still have be cool.
Instead she went down the route of wearing diamond grills, street fashion and incredibly botched surgery, and has ended up as a laughing stock.
The former option would have seen her in the front row of every fashion show and still having icon status.
I wouldn’t be surprised if she is an addict- after Prince’s shock death I wouldn’t be surprised if virtually all major pop stars are on something. It takes guts and self belief to get up on that stage constantly and perform to millions of people- it’s not naturally in our psyche to be able to do that.

Reactions: 20

Yel

I do think with the cosmetic procedures she can't really win. People praised her so much for her look around music and ray of light when she was no doubt having a fair bit of subtle work done.

It's easy to say now she's had too much done and shouldn't have done it, but would her career have lasted so long if she hadn't of started down this path 25+ years ago? Quite possibly not. Entertainment is a fickle business and women are still regularly chucked on the scrap heap once they aren't in their 30s.

She's been the but of jokes for a long time before the recent procedures, this 30 rock is over a decade old.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I think Madonna must have started with some procedures quite some time ago, 20-25 years? She would have been around forty, where many women start to think that they don't look as fresh-faced anymore. Back then, procedures where a lot more invasive than they are today and some of the stuff used was pretty permanent, although we know by now that e.g. dissolvable fillers are way better.
I think she probably kept going with surgeries, but since she has built up quite a history of many things already, they resulted in this very botched look. Even with the best doctors, there's a point where surgery after surgery and fillers don't look nice anymore, there's too much. And I don't take Madonna as someone who would listen to a doctor trying for best outcome, tbh, she seems like someone who would just keep going until finding someone who'd do butt implants on someone with a bad hip.

Fo the medical emergency, I think she overdosed accidentally by mixing stuff. All that surgery plus maybe really a bacterial infection and whatever she might take just because she wants to sounds like it's a set-up for another bathroom death.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I do think with the cosmetic procedures she can't really win. People praised her so much for her look around music and ray of light when she was no doubt having a fair bit of subtle work done.

It's easy to say now she's had too much done and shouldn't have done it, but would her career have lasted so long if she hadn't of started down this path 25+ years ago? Quite possibly not. Entertainment is a fickle business and women are still regularly chucked on the scrap heap once they aren't in their 30s.

She's been the but of jokes for a long time before the recent procedures, this 30 rock is over a decade old.
exactly this. when people say “oh she should have aged naturally, she would look so good and so cool now” - that’s a lovely and very rose tinted viewpoint, we all know that if that was the case she would get absolutely rinsed in the media for daring to look her age. plus, she’s a pop girl. is there really a pop woman who has let herself age as “normal”?! i can’t think of one.

she couldn’t have won either way. if she’d aged “normally” everyone would say she looks old. she’s had procedures to avoid that and so now she looks “weird”. and it’s a shame that she (like so many) kept going several procedures too many and, in the end, just completely wrecked her face.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
So now they are saying she was in the studio with Katy Perry hours before she fell ill.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5

Yel

she’s a pop girl. is there really a pop woman who has let herself age as “normal”?! i can’t think of one.
I can't think of any either. It's all very well letting yourself age naturally if you're a really good actor and they'll still be suitable roles, as is the case these days more and more. But it doesn't really fly for pop.

If anything she's done well to reach her 60s before going too far, many in their 30s and even 20s reached have already reached this stage. Big pop women have really extreme stuff done in their 20s these days, men also.

I find that when it comes to cosmetic surgery - bum implants cross a massive red line for me. I can imagine, how easy it is - to go overboard with the fillers and Botox (with some regret whilst waiting for it dissolve) but I can’t see any logical reason for bum implants. They look terrible and must be so uncomfortable. I feel that’s it’s real body dysmorphia stuff..
When I saw photos of Madonna with bum implants, I feared there was no turning back.

• Heart
exactly this. when people say “oh she should have aged naturally, she would look so good and so cool now” - that’s a lovely and very rose tinted viewpoint, we all know that if that was the case she would get absolutely rinsed in the media for daring to look her age. plus, she’s a pop girl. is there really a pop woman who has let herself age as “normal”?! i can’t think of one.

she couldn’t have won either way. if she’d aged “normally” everyone would say she looks old. she’s had procedures to avoid that and so now she looks “weird”. and it’s a shame that she (like so many) kept going several procedures too many and, in the end, just completely wrecked her face.
Pink hasn't messed with her face, but she's still only early 40s.

Madonna definitely went overboard with the surgery though. Lots do and it's a shame.

I find that when it comes to cosmetic surgery - bum implants cross a massive red line for me. I can imagine, how easy it is - to go overboard with the fillers and Botox (with some regret whilst waiting for it dissolve) but I can’t see any logical reason for bum implants. They look terrible and must be so uncomfortable. I feel that’s it’s real body dysmorphia stuff..
When I saw photos of Madonna with bum implants, I feared there was no turning back.
She always had an amazing bum. I remember it in the fishnet tights and corsets stage outfits and it was very muscly.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
People have been criticising her age for so long. I remember Smash Hits magazine had a feature on the Girlie Show tour, and it said things like “calm down grandma!”, and she was only in her 30s then.

Edited to add. Found it.

IMG_4666.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
I know. She was only 35 there, so younger than Beyoncé and Lady Gaga are now.
Kylie Minogue also only recently said that she was called „brave for her age“ when she dared to wear hotpants at the ripe old age of 30…. Can’t win in that industry

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Not my fav track but I absolutely feel in love with this remix of Frozen during the 2nd leg of the Sticky & Sweet tour. Those were the days when front row or really good floor seats were released on the day of the show and you’d end up going again and again!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.